Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who's getting the s9?

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score

Who's getting the s9?

Curious. It does look like a pretty decent phone and T-Mobiles price seems to be in line with Samsung instead of jacked up

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I will pull the trigger with Sprint on the new model. Looking at getting the S9 plus. My current phone is the S7 and I usually wait 2 generations before upgrading.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus, Nexus 6P, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Who's getting the s9?

Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Curious. It does look like a pretty decent phone and T-Mobiles price seems to be in line with Samsung instead of jacked up
    Not me. I’ve been enticed by Samsung bells and whistles before only to be put off by their UI modifications and tacky half baked “features”.

Give me pure Android or iOS over Samsung any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    Not me. I’ve been enticed by Samsung bells and whistles before only to be put off by their UI modifications and tacky half baked “features”.

Give me pure Android or iOS over Samsung any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To each their own, never had a problem with any of my prior or current Samsung phones. I am quite happy with their products and will continue to use them.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    I really wanted the s8 active but a few things that I like about the s9,

It's a little cheaper than the s8 active

It can also be bought for no money down (from what it looks like) which is nice if someone finances it. For phone financing I'm not a big fan of money down especially on $30 a month payments. Looks like the s9+ does require money down though

Also it's b71 just like the active

Are those enough reasons for me to get it?

not sure yet since it is higher than my normal phone spending amount

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    It's tempting, but there's not enough cash or incentive to switch back to Android.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Device(s)
    GS9 Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm getting one to test out Band 71 but it will be my play phone.

My iPhone X will likely remain my daily driver. No matter how much Apple irritates me I always come crawling back because iOS has been the most reliable, dependable and dare I say predictable mobile OS I've ever used? Sounds boring I know.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Who's getting the s9?

Not at all @ Danny. It's the reason I remain with iOS. Because when I need my phone to get ish' done, I don't want any hiccups, excuses, or glitches.

IPhone just works, and is the best supported phone on the planet.

I wish I could get the X (I could), but I'm trying to help Apple see that the prices on these phones are plain silly.

I hope the s9 is competition so Apple can't rest on its laurels.

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to see an se2 come out with 71. I've always liked that style

Device(s)
    GS9 Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Not at all @ Danny. It's the reason I remain with iOS. Because when I need my phone to get ish' done, I don't want any hiccups, excuses, or glitches.

IPhone just works, and is the best supported phone on the planet.

I wish I could get the X (I could), but I'm trying to help Apple see that the prices on these phones are plain silly.

I hope the s9 is competition so Apple can't rest on its laurels.
    I don't blame you.

Funny thing is that I made my niece a mobile gadget obsessed gal. She goes to school FT but to make money for her gadgets she uses the Merchandiser app from survey.com https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/surv...918226923?mt=8

It sends her to all sorts of little projects around town and they pay 3 times per month via Paypal. It's a really easy and cool way to earn some cash on the side to feed our inner nerd.

Sorry to go off topic.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    I'd like to see an se2 come out with 71. I've always liked that style
    I suspect that, with timing, that won't happen this year. I sure hope for T-Mobile customers (and potential customers) that they get it in the fall 2018 models. Don't wait another year for wider support.

I currently have both Android and Apple phones in use on different accounts. The SE would have been a good choice for the secondary line if I hadn't already had an Android phone available for use. My primary phone is my X.
    iPhone X on ATT Prepaid. Backup iPhone 7+ on inexpensive Verizon MVNO plan. Hopefully covers me in the continental US for phone usage. Cheaper than a single unlimited plan on ATT or Verizon or T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    There are some things I like about the S9 (one of them being the ability to attach it to a larger screen). Two things would have to happen before I'd buy one: 1) The price would have to come down and 2) Samsung would have to be more forthcoming about the specs. I've been all over their site and have yet to find a list of the bands it works on. They have taken "blue" as a tech spec to the extreme. I'd probably want to buy the unlocked model directly from Samsung but I'd first want to hear reports from others who've done the same.

I'm generally not an early adopter, preferring to watch and learn form the mistakes and successes of others.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My unlocked model will be here by the 14th and I'll be happy to report. I will obviously see if VZW has any 66 here. My TMO SIM also still fires up (but can't actually be used, as the account isn't paid), and I'll see if 71 is live here.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Gonna pass. Have the unlocked S8 and it’s still on 7.0. Disgraceful.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Who's getting the s9?

Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    I don't blame you.

Funny thing is that I made my niece a mobile gadget obsessed gal. She goes to school FT but to make money for her gadgets she uses the Merchandiser app from survey.com https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/surv...918226923?mt=8

It sends her to all sorts of little projects around town and they pay 3 times per month via Paypal. It's a really easy and cool way to earn some cash on the side to feed our inner nerd.

Sorry to go off topic.
    Nah that's a dope ally-oop thanks, you may have helped someone else 🏾

Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    My unlocked model will be here by the 14th and I'll be happy to report. I will obviously see if VZW has any 66 here. My TMO SIM also still fires up (but can't actually be used, as the account isn't paid), and I'll see if 71 is live here.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    Please keep us posted, I'm very much hoping for the success of this phone, as Apple definitely needs a check on their dominance.

The phone in and of itself looks like a sweet piece of kit. I'm so deep into the Apple ecosystem though that it wouldn't be practical getting this as my daily driver.

The design, screen, camera, and openess of Android are tempting, but I simply can't act at this time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast