Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Band 14 Sightings Thread

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB (Qualcomm)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Band 14 Sightings Thread

Now that we have our first official Band 14 device (Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+), let’s see who can spot band 14 first!

Allen, KY and Garrett, KY towers here in Floyd County, Kentucky are getting B14. I have confirmed this with a few sources. I am not sure as to why those locations are receiving it when other areas in eastern Kentucky desperate need 700 MHz (our lowest right now is B5 850 MHz). Pikeville is so congested and indoor coverage is so poor it’s useless downtown. I am hoping B14 fixes this.

Anyways, anyone else have any information on B14? What the equipment will look like?
    Current Device: Silver 256 GB iPhone X
    Carrier: AT&T

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Are we even sure consumers will have access to band 14?
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2004 & 2011-2013
    Cingular/AT&T: 2004-2006 & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB (Qualcomm)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Yes, as far as I know first responders just get priority.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 & 7+, Galaxy S8, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I’ve seen AT&T adding 700 MHz type panels to sites in Craig and Delaware County, OK. Mind you, neither of these counties have any low band spectrum. Definitely looks like they’re starting deployments here.

Sent from my Qualcomm iPhone 7 Plus on Tapatalk
    --Bentley

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    According to a North Carolina Firstnet representative, only first responders will have access to band 14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P1Rut View Post
    According to a North Carolina Firstnet representative, only first responders will have access to band 14.

Lately I've been hearing similar. Not sure what's going on since they used to claim the public would be able to use it as long as priority to responders was given.

It's also disappointed to hear them say that b14 won't be as widespread as I originally thought.

Just read where it sounds like they won't harden everything, wonder what % of sites and resources will be hardened?

Already debates on what entails public safety grade

http://m.urgentcomm.com/ntiafirstnet...ade-definition

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 8 Plus / BlackBerry KEYone BBB100-3 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005 View Post
    Anyways, anyone else have any information on B14? What the equipment will look like?
    Has anybody noticed network 313100?
    I pick this up with a SIM card which allows for manual network select, upon quick research it turns out that it belongs to FirstNet/First Responders Network. Since I'm not using a B14 device it looks like AT&T is utilizing its existing network and deploying the MCC-MNC of 313100 on its existing network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S8, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00 View Post
    Has anybody noticed network 313100?
    I pick this up with a SIM card which allows for manual network select, upon quick research it turns out that it belongs to FirstNet/First Responders Network. Since I'm not using a B14 device it looks like AT&T is utilizing its existing network and deploying the MCC-MNC of 313100 on its existing network.
    Yes, AT&T is broadcasting a dual-PLMN now, with 313-100 only accessible with a FirstNet SIM.
    I do not represent any company or other entity. Anything I post in these forums or write on this site are my thoughts and opinions only. I make every attempt to be 100% accurate, but I am human and do make mistakes from time to time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Yes. That’s the entire business model of the AT&T / FirstNet partnership. AT&T can use band 14 for network capacity for regular users. Public safety (FirstNet) users get priority network wide (all LTE bands, not just 14).

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWDude49120 View Post
    Yes, AT&T is broadcasting a dual-PLMN now, with 313-100 only accessible with a FirstNet SIM.
    Do you know if any sites are broadcasting band 14 yet?

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+ (Intel), iPhone 6S, Galaxy S8, iPad 9.7, iPad Mini 3, Netgear Nighthawk Hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Do you know if any sites are broadcasting band 14 yet?

Sent from my SM-G892A using HoFo mobile app
    I’m not sure, but I’d be surprised if any sites have active B14 yet. I believe they are still testing it in a couple of small areas before rolling it out officially. I suspect that will begin soon, though.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justinkk2005 View Post
    Yes, as far as I know first responders just get priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderknight View Post
    Yes. That’s the entire business model of the AT&T / FirstNet partnership. AT&T can use band 14 for network capacity for regular users. Public safety (FirstNet) users get priority network wide (all LTE bands, not just 14).
    Again, I don’t think we have any current information on this.

As long as att at least adds band 2/5/12 to any new rural firstnet builds we still win. Though I’d obviously love b14 for capacity even in rural areas.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The S9 has band 14 enabled out of the box, with HPUE. In building and rural service will see a huge gain.
    It has helped Sprint's band 41 cover the same area as band 2.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Band 14 Sightings Thread

I gotta track the article down, but att already has band 14 sites live within the network... there was a payment that was supposed be paid out, but att said they wouldn’t wait and start the rollout now and fund it themselves in the mean time
    Att wants to beat the 5 year time frame they have they wanna cut it down to 3 years if possible..

Feedback Score

Band 14 Sightings Thread

I can’t find the article anymore, but I still have some quotes from it.

AT&T officials have stated repeatedly that the carrier plans to install gear that will let it operate on 20 MHz of WCS airwaves and 20 MHz of AWS-3 spectrum at every location where it deploys equipment to support operation on the 20 MHz of Band 14 spectrum that is licensed to FirstNet.

“95% of the American population will be covered by Band 14,” Sambar said. “People were giving us a hard time, saying, ‘You’re not putting [Band 14 equipment] on every tower; you’re skipping some areas.’ And we said, ‘No. In all of the populated areas we’re [deploying Band 14], and it ends up being 95% of the population.

“There’s thousands of towers that won’t get it [Band 14 coverage], which—if you think about how a network is built out—makes sense, right? There are rural areas where there’s already capacity, and you don’t need to add another spectrum band. But the vast majority of Americans will have Band 14 access.”

AT&T already is deploying cell sites that operate on the 700 MHz Band 14 spectrum licensed to FirstNet and expects to finish the buildout—covering 95% of the U.S. population—well before the contracted five-year contract period expires in most cases, according to the AT&T executive heading the project.

Sambar also said: the first 12-18 will
    Show the most progress with the band 14 rollout

Hope this info helps

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast