Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Telus "no longer wishes to do business with me" after I filed a CCTS complaint

Feedback Score

Telus "no longer wishes to do business with me" after I filed a CCTS complaint

I tried to port a number to Telus today and was told there were "special instructions" on my account so I had to wait for a manager to call me back. I was dealing with the manager Michel in Montreal, the same guy who handled my CCTS complaint after they changed my device balance and he refused to change it back to what it was. Remember this was because I complained that the rep had called me a racist. Michel says Telus no longer wishes to do business with me and I am "blocked" from signing up as a Telus customer. WTF. By the way I won the CCTS complaint. They waived the device balance for me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Really? They can do that? Do you think this 'No longer wishes to do business with you' reason a valid ground for another CCTS complaint? I just got mine resolved last month. They removed my BYOD discount with no advanced notice. I'm planning to call them this month to renew my free call display. Guess I should lower my expectations.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Telus: Student 50 Plan MTM: - 500 mins anytime, eve/wknds @ 5PM, 5GB data, unl text, FAV10, CID and VM25
    Cable/Internet: Total: $104+tax - VIP, Gigabit, PVR, HD Box
    Home Phone: $0 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)

Feedback Score
    I don't think they are legally allowed to do this. I just filed another complaint with the CCTS. Let's see how this goes.

Feedback Score
    They keep messing with my account too. Yesterday my account had a $0 balance. Today it shows a $1.05 balance. They must really hate me.

Feedback Score
    This is kinda funny. Let us know if you win round 2
    Want to learn more about how LTE works?
    https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ls/td-p/130581

Feedback Score
    It's really funny cuz this guy's name is Michel and all the reps from outside Canada keep pronouncing his name "Michelle" but it's actually pronounced Michael/Mike. Lmao.

Feedback Score
    And jeez I think Telus has a small group of agents that answer calls for corporate care. I keep getting the same two or three reps from Mexico. One of them actually had the arrogance to say "we have been receiving a lot of calls from you." What kind of customer service person says that?! Especially when it's their freakin fault.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like Telus has been shadow owned by Carlos Slime for a long time.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $255yr UTnT 3GB exp 08.10.18
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1call/3mo no exp by 07.02.18

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Well, if and when you get the text to rate your satisfaction (like on Koodo), you know what to do.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Well, if and when you get the text to rate your satisfaction (like on Koodo), you know what to do.
    You bet haha

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1
    Feedback Score
    AFAIK - Telus, like any private company, has the right to choose who they do business with. Short of a discrimination case, they are not required by law to do business with any and all comers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogeek View Post
    AFAIK - Telus, like any private company, has the right to choose who they do business with. Short of a discrimination case, they are not required by law to do business with any and all comers.
    Except that Telus is not a private company

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Telus (previously BC Tel/AGT) is an ILEC, which means they were given a monopoly by the government many years ago, and as a result are required to provide certain services to anybody who requests it. Probably does not apply to wireless, but there is no way Telus, as a whole entity, can refuse to provide service to you.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 4G_LTE View Post
    I tried to port a number to Telus today and was told there were "special instructions" on my account so I had to wait for a manager to call me back. I was dealing with the manager Michel in Montreal, the same guy who handled my CCTS complaint after they changed my device balance and he refused to change it back to what it was. Remember this was because I complained that the rep had called me a racist. Michel says Telus no longer wishes to do business with me and I am "blocked" from signing up as a Telus customer. WTF. By the way I won the CCTS complaint. They waived the device balance for me.

Just curious, how many lines do you have with them? Did they waive a significant amount of your device balance when you complained to CCTS?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Blackview BV8000
    Carrier(s)
    Telus & Rogers
    Feedback Score
    They can refuse to do business with you IF they have a valid reason

If the reason the refuse you service is because you filed a CCTS complaint (and won) over allegations of racism you not only can file a new CCTS complaint but probably a reason to file in court next

I do not know what province you are from, but in ON they would take your case for free
    http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $9 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $20 per Month
    Telus SK North American Wide 7GB = $65
    Chatr (Mobi) $40 North America Wide + 6GB + 30 Mins Roaming
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast