Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone ALCATEL POP ICON 2 LTE Free Shipping[No Plan Needed] $4.99. Limit 2.

Feedback Score

Tracfone ALCATEL POP ICON 2 LTE Free Shipping[No Plan Needed] $4.99. Limit 2.

Copy/Paste from another site:

Tracfone ALCATEL POP ICON 2 LTE Free Shipping[No Plan Needed] $4.99
    Android 4.4 (KitKat)
    PROCESSOR 1.2 GHz quad-core
    DISPLAY 5.0", 960 x 540 IPS
    STORAGE Internal Memory 8GB + 1GB RAM
    CAMERA 5MP Camera
    BATTERY 2000 mAh

Select I don't need a Service Plan AFTER adding to cart.​
    https://shop.tracfone.com/shop/en/tr...pop-icon-2-lte

Don't forget to use your cash back site.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads-up, $5 for an emergency backup Tracfone / camera is a blazing hot deal!

Feedback Score
    Do you know which network it works on? Is it T-Mobile/ AT&T (GSM) or Verizon?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    Do you know which network it works on? Is it T-Mobile/ AT&T (GSM) or Verizon?
    The description on TF web site says "BAND (FREQUENCY) CDMA/EVDO". That means it uses Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great price but with 4.4 it won't work as an income phone on Swagbucks.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Gone by noon. There is a free Alcatel Pop Icon, but you have to buy a plan to get it. But it is TMFL capable so if you need to renew, its a free give away phone for grammaw or the rug rats!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Okay....?

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mathfaster View Post
    Swagbucks app will run on 4.4 according to Play Store. That means it should also run on the original "Poop" Icon. You don't need 4G for this kind of stuff. And why do it on a small mobile device anyway?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Swagbucks app will run on 4.4 according to Play Store. That means it should also run on the original "Poop" Icon. You don't need 4G for this kind of stuff. And why do it on a small mobile device anyway?
    From what others have posted the seven SB apps with the exception of SBTV no longer work under 4.4. Requires 5.0 and above. All my income phones for SB, for which I have 5, are 5.0 and above. Rarely watch the videos, just play em for the cash, so size doesn't matter but cheap does as I run my down to empty battery and then recharge. I could use a sixth phone which is why I was disappointed with it being Android 4.4.

Feedback Score
    Is this phone TMFL?

I tried to search the description but couldn't find that info. If so when I transfer from a feature phone with about 4,000 minutes and 234 days, what will I get?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DKTVAV View Post
    Is this phone TMFL?

I tried to search the description but couldn't find that info. If so when I transfer from a feature phone with about 4,000 minutes and 234 days, what will I get?
    When you transfer from a feature phone, you get your minutes transformed into 4000 minutes plus 4000 texts plus 4000 MB data. Also 234 days.

So you can see that it isn't really tripling. It's just creating three separate categories from one category. Each category will run down independently from the others.

The days just operate as usual.

In the future, should you wish to add airtime, you will get whatever plan your sim will allow. On a phone this old, you should be able to switch to a TMFL sim if it isn't already present.

This is my understanding.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    When you transfer from a feature phone, you get your minutes transformed into 4000 minutes plus 4000 texts plus 4000 MB data. Also 234 days.

So you can see that it isn't really tripling. It's just creating three separate categories from one category. Each category will run down independently from the others.

The days just operate as usual.

In the future, should you wish to add airtime, you will get whatever plan your sim will allow. On a phone this old, you should be able to switch to a TMFL sim if it isn't already present.

This is my understanding.
    Thank you!

My first question is still there: is this phone TMFL?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, Samsung J3 Sky, LG Q6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DKTVAV View Post
    My first question is still there: is this phone TMFL?
    When the Alcatel Pop Icon first came out, it had TMFL. That doesn't guarantee that the later batch has it. TF did away from TMFL on phones and BYOP SIMs made after mid-2017 or so. The older TF Samsung J3 Sky had TMFL when it came out. I just ordered one on TF web site yesterday, and TMFL was not mentioned in its description.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    When the Alcatel Pop Icon first came out, it had TMFL. That doesn't guarantee that the later batch has it. TF did away from TMFL on phones and BYOP SIMs made after mid-2017 or so. The older TF Samsung J3 Sky had TMFL when it came out. I just ordered one on TF web site yesterday, and TMFL was not mentioned in its description.
    Hopefully the Sky will come in the retail packaging so you can see if it's TMFL. I don't know any other way to tell without activating, and seeing which airtime type is offered on the website. This information will help anyone with a new phone that is an older model.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Hopefully the Sky will come in the retail packaging so you can see if it's TMFL. I don't know any other way to tell without activating, and seeing which airtime type is offered on the website. This information will help anyone with a new phone that is an older model.
    In case it's not TMFL I guess the best way is to fill up my minutes as much as I can afford on my feature phone before activating this Pop Icon2. This way in the future I'll just need to fill up the air time. Am I right?

Luckily, it's not my primary phone number because I'm a very heavy data user on my iPhone with grandfather unlimited plan. So far I've used 4.1 TB already, yes it's a T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast