Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: F t-mo

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    150
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    F t-mo

    tomorrow will be my last day with t mo thank god. i am tired of most of the time getting one meg DL speeds if that and then getting 100 plus DL speeds.
    i am sick of the customer service and calling every day and talking to reps and being put on hold for hours with no resolution to my problems
    i am sick of my calls taking two minutes to process and go through. it's not my problem that the CEO is a greedy ******* and won't stop over selling the network as it's congested out here. though even if it is congested i should be getting more than a one meg if that DL speed
    i am sick of talking to tech support and doing phone support when it's a network issue in my area
    i am sick of the customer service it seems like one has no clue what there doing as one rep told me to goto a store and show my DL just to close my acct because he could not verify who i was!!! the rep in the store told me to call the loyality DEPT and talk to them. i went back home called customer service again a dude answered so i asked to speak to the loyality dept and he told me that he was all depts WTF.

    and don't even get me going on the customer service reps over seas
    oh yea one rep told me that there was a off network roaming dept there called ERR or something to that effect and another rep tells me that there's no such thing

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    11
    Feedback Score
    0
    If it’s not working for you, choose another service.This is why we have competitors and choices. I personally have had every carrier and T mobile offers the best customer service that I’ve experienced.

    I have seen congestion first hand. With Verizon my speeds would often shop up as 0.00 because the tower was way way over crowded. This happens to me on T-Mobile as well, albeit a smaller amount of time.

    I would trial other providers in your location to see who works the best before committing postpaid, if postpaid is important to you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    62
    Feedback Score
    0
    You have plenty of carriers to choose from if you're not happy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,503
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Cool story.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    14,627
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sorry to hear that T-Mobile didn't work for you. Fortunately, there are other choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by cali_stud View Post
    ..........
    oh yea one rep told me that there was a off network roaming dept there called ERR or something to that effect and another rep tells me that there's no such thing
    Before you go, can you explain why there either being or not being a department called "ERR" is important?
    Donald Newcomb

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    150
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Sorry to hear that T-Mobile didn't work for you. Fortunately, there are other choices.

    Before you go, can you explain why there either being or not being a department called "ERR" is important?
    one rep told me that they had a dept called the extensive roaming dept and they called it the err dept then another one told me there's no such thing. and why it's important is i am going to be traveling and some of the places where i will be going will either have no t mo service period and or they will have a roaming agreement in place. now if i stay in a place for a month or two i don't need my phone shut off for excessive roaming!!! i know once ATT shuts you off for excessive roaming good luck trying to get your phone turned back on

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    150
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuchholzman View Post
    If it’s not working for you, choose another service.This is why we have competitors and choices. I personally have had every carrier and T mobile offers the best customer service that I’ve experienced.

    I have seen congestion first hand. With Verizon my speeds would often shop up as 0.00 because the tower was way way over crowded. This happens to me on T-Mobile as well, albeit a smaller amount of time.

    I would trial other providers in your location to see who works the best before committing postpaid, if postpaid is important to you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i bet verizons towers wern't over loaded 80% of the time also like t mo is out here. so far verizons been working good i do undersrtand that towers get overload but even when there congested i should still get 4-5 megs down and it shouldn't be that way 80% of the time

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,913
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cali_stud View Post
    one rep told me that they had a dept called the extensive roaming dept and they called it the err dept then another one told me there's no such thing. and why it's important is i am going to be traveling and some of the places where i will be going will either have no t mo service period and or they will have a roaming agreement in place.
    T-Mobile doesn't have extensive roaming agreements anyway. It's far better that you are going to a carrier with native service in the locations you will be.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    150
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    You have plenty of carriers to choose from if you're not happy.
    compitition is a good thing

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    150
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    T-Mobile doesn't have extensive roaming agreements anyway. It's far better that you are going to a carrier with native service in the locations you will be.
    i ment roaming agreements. but the rep told me it's extensive roaming as there rule for roaming is a 50% rule and it is better that i am going with a different carrier with native service in the places that i will be going i agree with you there

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    433
    Carrier(s)
    Att
    Feedback Score
    0
    TMobile congestion has gotten bad for me but all the carriers go through it. Had an hour yesterday no calls were coming in. Had 3 people wonder why I wasn't answering my phone but it never rang on my end.

    I've had that happen with every carrier so it's just the nature of wireless.

    Now if it happened all the time(or most of the time) I would definitely switch

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    14,627
    Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cali_stud View Post
    one rep told me that they had a dept called the extensive roaming dept and they called it the err dept then another one told me there's no such thing. and why it's important is i am going to be traveling and some of the places where i will be going will either have no t mo service period and or they will have a roaming agreement in place. now if i stay in a place for a month or two i don't need my phone shut off for excessive roaming!!! i know once ATT shuts you off for excessive roaming good luck trying to get your phone turned back on
    OK. Now I understand. T-Mobile looks at a person's account after they've been roaming for a long time. The best number I've seen is 6 months. There is a human who pulls up the account and looks at the history and makes a decision regarding if the roaming should be blocked or not. While I'm not sure of the exact criteria used, I'd assume someone who activated service a week before going on a 6-month jaunt abroad might get cut off while a member of a long-term family-plan who seems to be on a world tour might be allowed to continue roaming. Probably the amount of data used comes into consideration also. If they have a "department" for this or not, I haven't a clue. If I'm in an overseas country for more than about 2 weeks, I generally try to get a prepaid SIM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,562
    Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    depends who you are... your roaming can or can not be cutoff. I have lived in places for a year in not native tmobile and have never had issues; have been in countries for more than a year and still have not gotten cutoff (roaming 100%). then again i have been with them since 1998. I have seen some of my coworkers get cutoff at the 3 month mark, but is mostly new customers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    150
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    You have plenty of carriers to choose from if you're not happy.
    isn't it funny how carriers try to compete with eachother and run each other into the ground but at the end of the day they scratch each others backs

Similar Threads

  1. [email protected] / MO SMS to Internet email addr
    By Jonavin in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-19-2001, 07:13 PM
  2. mo sms internet email?
    By Jonavin in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2001, 03:00 AM
  3. Sending email using MO-SMS on Bell?
    By reality416 in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-29-2001, 12:10 PM
  4. Have a sprint startac for sale with 1000 min plan $50 mo
    By Yami in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2001, 10:56 AM
  5. Why am I paying the CRTC $6/mo?
    By MAX_LT in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-03-2001, 01:33 AM

Bookmarks