Thread: samsung s8 unlocking

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

samsung s8 unlocking

i wanna jump on the $350 deal but didnt send out an update so u can no longer unlock the phone to be used on another company?

i dont wanna get this phone and have it be used on cricket only

Feedback Score
    6 months or $50.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    6 months or $50.
    sorry about the post didnt see the mistake till now

wanna jump on the $350 deal but didnt *Samsung* send out an update so u can no longer unlock the phone to be used on another company?

where do i go to get it unlock for $50?....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    sorry about the post didnt see the mistake till now

wanna jump on the $350 deal but didnt *Samsung* send out an update so u can no longer unlock the phone to be used on another company?

where do i go to get it unlock for $50?....
    The first one I used was a scam. I eventually got my money back, but was a hassle. I can't recall the site that worked for me. Probably can find it when I get to a terminal.
    The update I believe you are talking about isn't quite that. People like myself are flashing other firmware. I use the US unlocked. It really doesn't have much to do with SIM unlock.
    ALL US S8 have identical hardware. On an unlocked phone it automatically brands itself to whatever SIM you install. This doesn't happen with unlocked firmware.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus 64gb, Iphone SE 32gb, Galaxy S8 w 200gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket cellular AT&T for connected car
    Feedback Score
    $29 on eBay. Once unlocked the phone “doesn’t automatically lock to a carrier. I can go to t-mobile to cricket back m forth all day

—- On an unlocked phone it automatically brands itself to whatever SIM you install—-

Whatever

100% ********.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    oh ok, so what samsung did was stop people from flashing their phones and using different roms...

so this means i cant change the ugly cricket start up screen and itll have bloatware that cant be removed?

so i can still get my phone unlock via ebay i guess and us it on any other US carrier?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1200s View Post
    $29 on eBay. Once unlocked the phone “doesn’t automatically lock to a carrier. I can go to t-mobile to cricket back m forth all day

—- On an unlocked phone it automatically brands itself to whatever SIM you install—-

Whatever

100% ********.
    Pop a different carrier SIM in. This started with the December patch.

Feedback Score
    oh ok, so what samsung did was stop people from flashing their phones and using different roms...

so this means i cant change the ugly cricket start up screen and itll have bloatware that cant be removed?

so i can still get my phone unlock via ebay i guess and us it on any other US carrier?
    If it doesn't have the new bootloader you can probably still run unlocked firmware. I suggest unlocking first or you'll have to flash back. I leaned this the hard way with my Note 8. Otherwise whatever carrier SIM you have inserted it brands to. Originally my wife had metro branding. Now it is cricket.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it doesn't have the new bootloader you can probably still run unlocked firmware. I suggest unlocking first or you'll have to flash back. I leaned this the hard way with my Note 8. Otherwise whatever carrier SIM you have inserted it brands to. Originally my wife had metro branding. Now it is cricket.
    I heard cricket sims dont activate turn branding in turn firmware

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    I heard cricket sims dont activate turn branding in turn firmware

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app
    No idea what the hell you are saying. If it is unlocked it will brand to whatever SIM unless it has factory unlocked firmware. Started with the December update.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S6, Moto E LTE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    No idea what the hell you are saying. If it is unlocked it will brand to whatever SIM unless it has factory unlocked firmware. Started with the December update.
    What do you mean by "brand to"?
    Does the carrier boot up splash screen appear?
    Does the carrier's bloatware get installed?
    Does the phone get locked to carrier?
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    What do you mean by "brand to"?
    Does the carrier boot up splash screen appear?
    Does the carrier's bloatware get installed?
    Does the phone get locked to carrier?
    Once you unlock a phone it is unlocked. Period. Bloat, splash, whatever features the carrier enables. It is on the Samsung website. I don't understand why everyone is having a hard time with this.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Once you unlock a phone it is unlocked. Period. Bloat, splash, whatever features the carrier enables. It is on the Samsung website. I don't understand why everyone is having a hard time with this.

ok so lets say this..

i get the cricket s8, it has bloatware from cricket and it wont let me uninstall it and when u power on/off the splash screen shows the cricket logo...

what ur saying is once the phone unlock (meaning the SIM card is free and u can place any SIM card u want) and i place a t-mobile SIM card in the phone, the phone will show that the splash screen will now show t-mobile logo? also the bloatware from cricket will be removed and be replaced with t-mobiles bloatware??

reason why no one understands because its really never been heard...once the SIM card is unlock u can place any SIM card in BUT it has never changed the bloatware or the splash screen

Feedback Score
    ok so lets say this..

i get the cricket s8, it has bloatware from cricket and it wont let me uninstall it and when u power on/off the splash screen shows the cricket logo...

what ur saying is once the phone unlock (meaning the SIM card is free and u can place any SIM card u want) and i place a t-mobile SIM card in the phone, the phone will show that the splash screen will now show t-mobile logo? also the bloatware from cricket will be removed and be replaced with t-mobiles bloatware??

reason why no one understands because its really never been heard...once the SIM card is unlock u can place any SIM card in BUT it has never changed the bloatware or the splash screen
    Damnit. Lost my post with explanation. I'm done explaining it. It's on the Samsung website.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus 64gb, Iphone SE 32gb, Galaxy S8 w 200gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket cellular AT&T for connected car
    Feedback Score
    I apologize that my post are rather poor and not very helpful but I’m getting there.

I’ll try to break it down this way bc I am not the most tech savvy. In fact anything and everything I’ve leerned about phones and plans came from all you guys/gals.

1) I own a gs8 and paid to have it unlocked off eBay.
    2) I’m a happy cricket customer.
    3) I don’t know about cdma carriers but I can insert my friends t-mobile sim car in my gs8 and make calls on t-mobile service.
    4) after doing this I can reinstall my cricket SIM card and make calls on cricket.
    5) Yesterday I was using my friends t-mobile SIM card
    6) today I am using cricket.

So if I have a update available don’t do it?

There’s a new December update that will no longer make my gs8 a unlocked gs8?

If so this is absolutely retarded. Why would anyone want a galaxy product? Goodness.

I also have zero issues swapping gsm sims with my two iPhones either. 6s plus and SE. they’re unlocked also.

I can’t believe there’s a Samsung update that will make a unlocked hs8 (I paid on eBay for the unlock off eBay) locked again.

If so this is pretty ridiculous.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast