Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: samsung s8 unlocking

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus 64gb, Iphone SE 32gb, Galaxy S8 w 200gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket cellular AT&T for connected car
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mc1200s View Post
    I apologize that my post are rather poor and not very helpful but Iím getting there.

Iíll try to break it down this way bc I am not the most tech savvy. In fact anything and everything Iíve leerned about phones and plans came from all you guys/gals.

1) I own a gs8 and paid to have it unlocked off eBay.
    2) Iím a happy cricket customer.
    3) I donít know about cdma carriers but I can insert my friends t-mobile sim car in my gs8 and make calls on t-mobile service.
    4) after doing this I can reinstall my cricket SIM card and make calls on cricket.
    5) Yesterday I was using my friends t-mobile SIM card
    6) today I am using cricket.

So if I have a update available donít do it?

Thereís a new December update that will no longer make my gs8 a unlocked gs8?

If so this is absolutely retarded. Why would anyone want a galaxy product? Goodness.

I also have zero issues swapping gsm sims with my two iPhones either. 6s plus and SE. theyíre unlocked also.

I canít believe thereís a Samsung update that will make a unlocked hs8 (I paid on eBay for the unlock off eBay) locked again.

If so this is pretty ridiculous.
    Factory Unlock Service for CRICKET USA Samsung
    Premium Express Service - Cricket USA Samsung devices

Delivery times
    Delivery time from 1-3 day up to 5 business days (Mon-Fri).
    Weekends we do not process. Cancelations not possible after ordering.

Wrong carrier, IMEIs starting with 99 not supported
    Please do not place an order for the above cases, we will not refund.
    This service is only for Cricket USA network Samsung devices.
    If your IMEI starts with 99 it is also not supported because it is not GSM device.
    We will not be held responsible if you order and your IMEI falls on the
    above cases and we will not refund you.

Important information about blacklisted devices
    If the device is blacklisted it will not work in the USA. Order only
    if you plan to use your device overseas.

How to check if device needs unlock code
    If you change to invalid SIM and it doesn't ask for code, it is already unlocked.

How to send us your IMEI
    Sending your IMEI with an eBay message is the guaranteed way
    to have your order delayed. So please don't send it as message,
    we might be out of office unable to collect it.
    Upon ordering click "add message" and type/paste your IMEI there.
    Enter only the first 15 digits without spaces or slashes.
    As a backup option we also send an eBay message with a link to visit
    and enter your IMEI. Do not hesitate to use it, it is secure and safe.

Refund policy
    If for some reason the unlock code does not work we can
    help you troubleshoot it. We will refund non working code
    only and after we have reviewed a video proof of the situation.

Last notes
    This is permanent factory unlock, your device will remain
    unlocked forever.

Last notes
    unlocked forever.

Last notes
    unlocked forever.

Last notes
    unlocked forever.

Last notes
    unlocked forever.

Feedback Score
    I apologize that my post are rather poor and not very helpful but Iím getting there.

Iíll try to break it down this way bc I am not the most tech savvy. In fact anything and everything Iíve leerned about phones and plans came from all you guys/gals.

2) Iím a happy cricket customer.
    3) I donít know about cdma carriers but I can insert my friends t-mobile sim car in my gs8 and make calls on t-mobile service.
    4) after doing this I can reinstall my cricket SIM card and make calls on cricket.

So if I have a update available donít do it?

Thereís a new December update that will no longer make my gs8 a unlocked gs8?

If so this is absolutely retarded. Why would anyone want a galaxy product? Goodness.

I also have zero issues swapping gsm sims with my two iPhones either. 6s plus and SE. theyíre unlocked also.

I canít believe thereís a Samsung update that will make a unlocked hs8 (I paid on eBay for the unlock off eBay) locked again.

Gd you guys. It changes with whatever SIM you put in. It customizes to whichever SIM. This isn't complicated.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I apologize that my post are rather poor and not very helpful but I’m getting there.

I’ll try to break it down this way bc I am not the most tech savvy. In fact anything and everything I’ve leerned about phones and plans came from all you guys/gals.

2) I’m a happy cricket customer.
    3) I don’t know about cdma carriers but I can insert my friends t-mobile sim car in my gs8 and make calls on t-mobile service.

So if I have a update available don’t do it?

There’s a new December update that will no longer make my gs8 a unlocked gs8?

I also have zero issues swapping gsm sims with my two iPhones either. 6s plus and SE. they’re unlocked also.

I can’t believe there’s a Samsung update that will make a unlocked hs8 (I paid on eBay for the unlock off eBay) locked again.

now that i understand i can explain...the Dec update is for the firmware only which means u wont be able to unlock the phone itself meaning changing the ROM/adding superusers to be able to root, so this just means that u wont be able to root..it does not touch the SIM part of the phone, if ur phone is unlock by SIM like urs then or ur going to unlock ur phone soon..ull be just fine no worrys

Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    Gd you guys. It changes with whatever SIM you put in. It customizes to whichever SIM. This isn't complicated.

no ur making it as if it is....not trying to be an A-hole but if u dont know what ur talking about plz dont post...ur just confusing the hell outta ppl

FYI there are 2 different types of unlock in the cell phone world...

1, most common is the SIM unlock which will unlock the SIM card slot so other SIM cards can be used on the phone with out issue

2, unlocking the phone aka rooting the phone which allows the user to change the ROM's/uninstall bloatware apps that was place by the phones carrier

u was getting the 2 unlock's mix up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    ok so lets say this..

i get the cricket s8, it has bloatware from cricket and it wont let me uninstall it and when u power on/off the splash screen shows the cricket logo...

what ur saying is once the phone unlock (meaning the SIM card is free and u can place any SIM card u want) and i place a t-mobile SIM card in the phone, the phone will show that the splash screen will now show t-mobile logo? also the bloatware from cricket will be removed and be replaced with t-mobiles bloatware??

reason why no one understands because its really never been heard...once the SIM card is unlock u can place any SIM card in BUT it has never changed the bloatware or the splash screen
    "unlocked"

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    now that i understand i can explain...the Dec update is for the firmware only which means u wont be able to unlock the phone itself meaning changing the ROM/adding superusers to be able to root, so this just means that u wont be able to root..it does not touch the SIM part of the phone, if ur phone is unlock by SIM like urs then or ur going to unlock ur phone soon..ull be just fine no worrys

no ur making it as if it is....not trying to be an A-hole but if u dont know what ur talking about plz dont post...ur just confusing the hell outta ppl

FYI there are 2 different types of unlock in the cell phone world...

1, most common is the SIM unlock which will unlock the SIM card slot so other SIM cards can be used on the phone with out issue

2, unlocking the phone aka rooting the phone which allows the user to change the ROM's/uninstall bloatware apps that was place by the phones carrier

u was getting the 2 unlock's mix up
    I'm not mixing them up. I run unlocked firmware on my locked phone. I didn't have the unlock code when I flashed it. Next time I have to do a hard reset I'll flash AT&T first to get the unlock screen and I'll put the code in. Then I'll flash back to unlocked firmware.

If you have an unlocked phone with a carrier firmware it swaps to whatever SIM you insert.

Previously I had factory unlocked S8+. It never gets carrier customization.

My wife had an unlocked S8. It was originally MetroPCS. After December it switched automatically to Cricket firmware.

You're the one getting it twisted. No one who knows anything about compiling a ROM is dumb enough to mix up unlocking a bootloader with a SIM unlock. I'm only interested in running factory ROMs because I like SamaungPay. I like KNOX being in place when I sell. I also can't understand why all these peddle think root is so important when they really just want to tether. The custom tweaked ROMs are often a hassle. Factory unlocked is great because it has tethering and caller ID. I don't get Wi-Fi calling or VoLTE, but Cricket will never carry the S8+ or Note 8, so I was lilely never having those features anyway.

Let's be honest HoFo isn't exactly the cream of the crop for tech. XDA is/was. The problem is smartphones are now so ubiquitous that even non-tech people buy them and flood XDA. I miss the days of ShadowMite when I was considered a fool for owning a $600 phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
    I'm not mixing them up. I run unlocked firmware on my locked phone. I didn't have the unlock code when I flashed it. Next time I have to do a hard reset I'll flash AT&T first to get the unlock screen and I'll put the code in. Then I'll flash back to unlocked firmware.

If you have an unlocked phone with a carrier firmware it swaps to whatever SIM you insert.

Previously I had factory unlocked S8+. It never gets carrier customization.

My wife had an unlocked S8. It was originally MetroPCS. After December it switched automatically to Cricket firmware.

You're the one getting it twisted. No one who knows anything about compiling a ROM is dumb enough to mix up unlocking a bootloader with a SIM unlock. I'm only interested in running factory ROMs because I like SamaungPay. I like KNOX being in place when I sell. I also can't understand why all these peddle think root is so important when they really just want to tether. The custom tweaked ROMs are often a hassle. Factory unlocked is great because it has tethering and caller ID. I don't get Wi-Fi calling or VoLTE, but Cricket will never carry the S8+ or Note 8, so I was lilely never having those features anyway.

Let's be honest HoFo isn't exactly the cream of the crop for tech. XDA is/was. The problem is smartphones are now so ubiquitous that even non-tech people buy them and flood XDA. I miss the days of ShadowMite when I was considered a fool for owning a $600 phone.

smh....yea sure...someone else can take over or close the thread...

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    smh....yea sure...someone else can take over or close the thread...
    OK right now yall got me confused as hell.

Plain and simple. If i buy the cricket s8. can i get it unlocked and use it on tmobile because that is where i am headed next week. I have been hitting 30 and 40 mbs on this trial which i have never hit with cricket or att. so if i get the s8 i can pay to have it unlocked and use it next week on tmoible. Also does anyone have a reputable site to get it unlocked on ebay please? Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post

Plain and simple. If i buy the cricket s8. can i get it unlocked and use it on tmobile because that is where i am headed next week. I have been hitting 30 and 40 mbs on this trial which i have never hit with cricket or att. so if i get the s8 i can pay to have it unlocked and use it next week on tmoible. Also does anyone have a reputable site to get it unlocked on ebay please? Thanks

YES!

i have no websites other than ebay but make sure u pay from a good seller even if the price is a lil higher than others...theres some that rip u off so just watch out

SIM unlock and rooting to 2 different things....

Feedback Score
    Well no more s8s on Cricket... you guys think they'll restock before 29th?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    Well no more s8s on Cricket... you guys think they'll restock before 29th?

prob not....depends on alot of things...if they do they wont be many left

Feedback Score
    prob not....depends on alot of things...if they do they wont be many left
    This is bothering me too...I wish they would just come out and say it was end of life instead of making me check the website every dang 5 mins

Feedback Score
    has anybody went to their nearest cricket store to see if they have any s8's in stock ??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    has anybody went to their nearest cricket store to see if they have any s8's in stock ??
    I did...today...they were rude and told me they donít honor the sale price...I tweeted about it to cricket

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post

did you already buy s8 , unlock and put in a tmobile sim. Asking this because i have been missing calls on tmobile network on an unlocked cricket phone. And earlier i used to miss call on unlocked s6. So want to see if this is specific to unlocked cricket phones.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus 64gb, Iphone SE 32gb, Galaxy S8 w 200gb micro sd.
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket cellular AT&T for connected car
    Feedback Score
    I donít think thereís a such thing as a cricket s8. When I put a t-mobile SIM card in my
    S8 from cricket it launches as a T-Mobile phone as someone earlier has described.

I believe a s8 is a s8. I wouldnít call it a cricket s8 bc I donít think that makes any sense. When thereís no cricket sim in my s8 youíd never know it was purchased from cricket.

Once you pay your $20-$30 off eBay to habwbit unlocked you just have a flat out unlocked s8. Use it with whomever.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast