Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Public Mobile improved targeted offer: $40/6 GB !! for $120/12GB customers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    392
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0

    Talking Public Mobile improved targeted offer: $40/6 GB !! for $120/12GB customers

    New offer just in, hot off the press for PM $120/12GB customers. I was able to switch from the earlier 5GB promo to the new 6GB promo, with no issues at all. I just had to call customer service, and they were very friendly. This plan is Tab Medium eligible as well.

    Promo code: GOKOODO406GB, you can activate online, and online referrals are $100 each for a limited time! Offer expires March 15, the $100 referral promo could expire anytime.





    Last edited by phoneseeker101; 03-06-2018 at 03:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    177
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    I did the switch as well from PM to koodo
    For 40$ this deal is unbeatable and I would of not jumped if the koodo rep over the phone haven't granted me for sure that koodo will never increase the price of this plan on me ..
    So lets see what will happens as telus is truly after those who got the 2016 offer on PM ..
    $40+TAX/MO
    Canada-wide talk & Global SMS/MMS ◕ 6 GB LTE VM, CD & Conference call.
    1000 Intl LD min Bonus
    _____________________________________________
    A perfect Muslim is one from whose tongue and hands mankind is safe .. Muhammad (PBUH)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    392
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSong View Post
    I would of not jumped if the koodo rep over the phone haven't granted me for sure that koodo will never increase the price of this plan on me ..
    Be careful, the reps aren't always the most knowledgable and are in no position to provide guarantees to customers. Koodo could still increase the price of the plan if they wanted to.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,830
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSong View Post
    I did the switch as well from PM to koodo
    For 40$ this deal is unbeatable and I would of not jumped if the koodo rep over the phone haven't granted me for sure that koodo will never increase the price of this plan on me ..
    So lets see what will happens as telus is truly after those who got the 2016 offer on PM ..
    They could raise it tomorrow and you'd have almost no recourse unless you are on contract (and little then). You had a clueless or dishonest rep.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire

    $49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    100
    Feedback Score
    0
    Fiddlesticks! I just switched to koodo for 5gb. Any way to change to 6gb online? I hate dealing with CSRs.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,426
    Device(s)
    Essential PH-1, Pixel XL, Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo & Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sweet deal for the PM subs. I hope they don't raise it on you folks.
    Un-Rogered, and getting better 'value'.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    392
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CGY Guy View Post
    Sweet deal for the PM subs. I hope they don't raise it on you folks.
    I have a feeling they will increase it sooner or later, I'll have to make some decisions when the time comes but the 6GB should help me weather any price increases since it's still a relatively good deal compared to any in-market plans. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    392
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenleaf View Post
    Fiddlesticks! I just switched to koodo for 5gb. Any way to change to 6gb online? I hate dealing with CSRs.
    You'll have to call in to make the change as far as I can tell, but you could try imputting the promo code online and see if you can switch to it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    134
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm not really that thrilled with the Koodo offer (my wife got it, but I didn't since I'd unsubscribed to their emails). Nothing of interest to us.

    We don't use the 4Gb a month we have generally, and with 12Gb we are better able to ride ups and downs in data usage, we pay less (even if only $2 less) and are plan is guaranteed. I've also heard the $100 bill credit is only for the first month? So that means the $100 credit is only worth $40. I don't mind doing postpaid, but I want my data sold to me in 90+ day chunks, just like PM.

    If they want me to move to Koodo, they need to GUARANTEE the price plan AND give me the full $100 credit. Just not enough in this to make the jump, otherwise.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,229
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwandar View Post
    I'm not really that thrilled with the Koodo offer (my wife got it, but I didn't since I'd unsubscribed to their emails). Nothing of interest to us.

    We don't use the 4Gb a month we have generally, and with 12Gb we are better able to ride ups and downs in data usage, we pay less (even if only $2 less) and are plan is guaranteed. I've also heard the $100 bill credit is only for the first month? So that means the $100 credit is only worth $40. I don't mind doing postpaid, but I want my data sold to me in 90+ day chunks, just like PM.

    If they want me to move to Koodo, they need to GUARANTEE the price plan AND give me the full $100 credit. Just not enough in this to make the jump, otherwise.
    What are you talking about?

    The $100 referral credit is part of koodo referral program, each year you can refer friends/family up to $300 max allowed.

    I have been doing this for my wife for years. Always tell people about Koodo new offers I find online and send out a referral.

    Right now kOodo is doing $100/referral, meaning to max out you only need to make 3....

    $300/12 (1 year) = $25/month if you are normal at doing your math. Now if you are one of those people that can't divide things up and just like it spoon fed to you at a rate of exactly $25/month, then I cannot really help you understand it.

    Anyone getting the $40/6GB plan is caking it! and making a little effort to earn the $100 credit even for 1 line, beats PM offer no matter how you paint the picture.

    Its a no-brainer for anyone to sign up with Koodo's 6GB offer.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,229
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    New offer just in, hot off the press for PM $120/12GB customers. I was able to switch from the earlier 5GB promo to the new 6GB promo, with no issues at all. I just had to call customer service, and they were very friendly. This plan is Tab Medium eligible as well.

    Promo code: GOKOODO406GB, you can activate online, and online referrals are $100 each for a limited time! Offer expires March 15, the $100 referral promo could expire anytime.





    Curious, since the Promo code is there, anyone that recently signed up for PM, are they able to jump ship to this plan?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    317
    Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    Curious, since the Promo code is there, anyone that recently signed up for PM, are they able to jump ship to this plan?
    No. This offer is targeted only for $120/12GB/90-day customers. You’re supposed to show the text message PM sent you and your phone number is your validation code.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    47
    Feedback Score
    0
    I switched carriers because I was pissed when this whole ordeal happened. Had this been the initial offer I would of gone to Koodo. I wonder if I make a complaint to the crtc if they can do something for me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,229
    Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    No. This offer is targeted only for $120/12GB/90-day customers. You’re supposed to show the text message PM sent you and your phone number is your validation code.
    What if you do it online.

    Wonder if anyone has tried it that is currently not on the PM 120/90/12 Plan

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,456
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DesiMundha View Post
    I switched carriers because I was pissed when this whole ordeal happened. Had this been the initial offer I would of gone to Koodo. I wonder if I make a complaint to the crtc if they can do something for me


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CRTC doesn't take on consumer wireless complaints.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-27-2018, 09:14 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2014, 04:12 PM
  3. Public Mobile Retention Offers Thread Anyone?
    By smallj53 in forum Public Mobile
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2014, 06:01 PM
  4. Rogers new data plan 1 GB for $120/month
    By sanman540 in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 173
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
  5. T-Mobile (UK) offers unlimited data for $15cdn/month
    By radeon_x in forum Rogers Wireless
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 12:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks