Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Public Mobile improved targeted offer: $40/6 GB !! for $120/12GB customers

Device(s)
    iPhone SE, Galaxy S9, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score

Public Mobile improved targeted offer: $40/6 GB !! for $120/12GB customers

Quote Originally Posted by Samshares View Post
    What if you do it online.

Wonder if anyone has tried it that is currently not on the PM 120/90/12 Plan
    Like I said, your PM phone number is your validation code. If your phone number is not in their system for this special offer, you won’t have a proper validation code.
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8 GB Data
    chatr: $60 Unlimited In-zone Talk, Text and Data (20 GB at 3G speed)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoneseeker101 View Post
    You'll have to call in to make the change as far as I can tell, but you could try imputting the promo code online and see if you can switch to it.
    I called in and spent like 30 minutes arguing with the guy and he wouldn't switch me. He kept insisting that since I made the switch from PM before the 6gb offer was available, that I am ineligible for it.

It's not that I'm not happy with 5gb (I don't use anywhere near that), I'm just upset that other people get the 6gb while I only get 5. They're basically penalizing me for making the switch early, and others like me who also switched earlier.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenleaf View Post
    I called in and spent like 30 minutes arguing with the guy and he wouldn't switch me. He kept insisting that since I made the switch from PM before the 6gb offer was available, that I am ineligible for it.

It's not that I'm not happy with 5gb (I don't use anywhere near that), I'm just upset that other people get the 6gb while I only get 5. They're basically penalizing me for making the switch early, and others like me who also switched earlier.
    You just got to thank that retard for his time, hang up and call again.
    Join me on Telegram https://t.me/Samshares

Koodo: $40/8GB w/ 1000 International Minutes
    Telus: $60/15GB+1GB Bonus Can-US Plan
    Freedom: $30/8GB Can-US (2400 Minutes/1GB)

Feedback Score
    It's not that I'm not happy with 5gb (I don't use anywhere near that),
    Why did you switch? I'm contemplating it but I don't get anywhere near 4Gb and only pay $36 a month with discounts (and I'm locked in) , so this is a net increase in price? What am I missing?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwandar View Post
    Why did you switch? I'm contemplating it but I don't get anywhere near 4Gb and only pay $36 a month with discounts (and I'm locked in) , so this is a net increase in price? What am I missing?
    It's $2 more per month. But, they give you $100 for switching. Then I got $50 referral credit (I think it's currently at $100 actually). So that extra $150 more than makes up for the $2/month increase.

Feedback Score
    You just got to thank that retard for his time, hang up and call again.
    Don't they put a note on your file each time you call in? So if I call in again, the CSR will immediately see I already called in before and was denied so he'll just deny me too.

Device(s)
    iPhone X & 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Telus + Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't they put a note on your file each time you call in? So if I call in again, the CSR will immediately see I already called in before and was denied so he'll just deny me too.
    Dont reference about previous phone call, kindly start the convo all over again as if you never had it.

Feedback Score
    It's $2 more per month. But, they give you $100 for switching. Then I got $50 referral credit (I think it's currently at $100 actually). So that extra $150 more than makes up for the $2/month increase.
    Hmm ... I see where PM are going with this. First edge you up $2 to increase ARPU, even if there is a marketing cost of $200 and then recover that $200 with a $5 per month increase and add-ons.

I understand where you are coming from, and I guess if I was using close to my 12Gb I might jump, but .... I like paying $40 or less and being locked to that rate and 4Gb seems to be enough - so guess I'll stay ... for now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jattdesi View Post
    CRTC doesn't take on consumer wireless complaints.
    Sorry meant CCTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Dont reference about previous phone call, kindly start the convo all over again as if you never had it.
    But if they put a note on your file then it doesn't matter if you reference the previous call.

Feedback Score
    Hmm ... I see where PM are going with this. First edge you up $2 to increase ARPU, even if there is a marketing cost of $200 and then recover that $200 with a $5 per month increase and add-ons.

I understand where you are coming from, and I guess if I was using close to my 12Gb I might jump, but .... I like paying $40 or less and being locked to that rate and 4Gb seems to be enough - so guess I'll stay ... for now.
    What $5 per month?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Feedback Score

You need to prepare yourself for a major shakeup or change with PM and you could be SOL. Don't think you are locked into the rate you're paying. It just happens to be PM suffered a public backlash and renagged on their decision. They could turn around and give everyone 6 months notice.

And don't think that just because you don't go use more than 4 GB/month it's not a deal. You get other benefits too like unlimited Canada wide calling, free incoming SMS and CID even when roaming.

Additionally, remember back around Xmas where everyone was jumping on the $60/10 GB offerings by most of the carriers? How many of us actually use 10 GB? The cost per GB is what caused many people to switch. It's too bad that this offering isn't for everyone, only PM customers because I am with Telus and I would certainly switch to the $40/6GB plan if it was offered to me.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity -> WIND -> Public Mobile -> Koodo
    Feedback Score

When he said no, you should have just ask for a supervisor. Some reps don't know anything about the PM deal, but the supervisors will be able to change your plan without a fuss. People on other forums reported success when asking for a supervisor, as they are allowed to make any changes the reps cannot. And most, if not all of the supervisors were willing to make the change right away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GVRD777 View Post
    You need to prepare yourself for a major shakeup or change with PM and you could be SOL. Don't think you are locked into the rate you're paying. It just happens to be PM suffered a public backlash and renagged on their decision. They could turn around and give everyone 6 months notice.
    Well unless they are killing PM off completely (in which case, why make any offer to move me), they publicly stated that:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

Shouldn't be hard to have the Competition Bureau to get them on false and misleading advertising, and a class action suit for fun and games would pay the users well. They can't do 6 months notice without legal repercussions.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well unless they are killing PM off completely (in which case, why make any offer to move me), they publicly stated that:

"If you have signed up for the promotional plan, you will be able to keep it after the promo period, as long as you are an active customer. This means that, as long as you are an active customer on this plan, your plan price will remain at $120, even after your initial 90 days. No surprises."

Shouldn't be hard to have the Competition Bureau to get them on false and misleading advertising, and a class action suit for fun and games would pay the users well. They can't do 6 months notice without legal repercussions.
    Life doesn't work like that. They're telling you what you want to hear. The Competition Bureau is all but a farce. Besides, if they're no longer around then you're SOL.

If anyone wants a bit of an incentive to move to Koodo, here is a link: https://goo.gl/wRJHzG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast