Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Virgin Mobile RIP?

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I've always thought virgin was a solid offering but boost seemed to have gained more traction in recent times. I've had friends mention boost while asking what virgin mobile was

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    LMAO, as if forum performance equates to Real Life... maybe some are getting their answers elsewhere. You can't go around allowing trolls to over run anything online and expect people to continue to visit the sites, forums, etc. Hopefully, the prepaid section reinvigorates with the upcoming industry changes....

HoFo is still the best place online for wireless info.
    Virgin is just about dead. The iPhone-only philosophy has failed miserably. You can buy a full price iPhone elsewhere and get better coverage
    for the same or better price. Unlimited everything for $40/mo maybe, but $50/mo for native Sprint is garbage. The only way they've gained any new activations is the $1/12 and 6 months. Maybe the existing customers like yourself on the cheaper plans see value, but the current offering is abysmal.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by vmobi View Post
    LMAO, as if forum performance equates to Real Life... maybe some are getting their answers elsewhere. You can't go around allowing trolls to over run anything online and expect people to continue to visit the sites, forums, etc. Hopefully, the prepaid section reinvigorates with the upcoming industry changes....

HoFo is still the best place online for wireless info.
    If HoFo is still the best place for wireless info, why is this section dead? Where are people getting answers? Which sites/forums? I think forum participation is a good measure of popularity. It's striking that the Tracfone section has more participation than Virgin Mobile. This tells you how many people are still using the service. In this case, its around zero. This discussion thread is currently the only active thread.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I was curious so I looked up the traffic history of this website. This website shows traffic has fallen from 8 million visitors a month to 3 million today over the last 9 years so for some reason traffic has fallen over 50%.

https://www.rank2traffic.com/howardforums.com

However, I also think the virgin section seems to get less posts than most of the other prepaid sections. Maybe iphone users have so few problems they don't need a forum.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Here''s what Sprint should' have done (if it isn't too late already...)

Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Virgin is just about dead. The iPhone-only philosophy has failed miserably. You can buy a full price iPhone elsewhere and get better coverage
    for the same or better price. Unlimited everything for $40/mo maybe, but $50/mo for native Sprint is garbage. The only way they've gained any new activations is the $1/12 and 6 months. Maybe the existing customers like yourself on the cheaper plans see value, but the current offering is abysmal.

Sprint should have if not given each brand a clear identity, then at least a clear place to sell it. They could have made Boost mobile a dealer only brand, Sprint prepaid available to Sprint Stores as an option only and finally had Virgin mobile refocus as a Tracfone type retailer/mass market/Big Box only available brand with all the other stuff Boost and Sprint doesn't have on it like Assurance/Lifeline, bring back paygo, do Virgin custom (their Ting ripoff) what have you but Virgin looks like it's on the ropes and down for the count. Sprint, they were saying they were going to make Virgin innovative like a startup...more like instead of harnessing the exciting vibrant raw energy of a startup, they are embracing the fact that most startups die....

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post
    I was curious so I looked up the traffic history of this website. This website shows traffic has fallen from 8 million visitors a month to 3 million today over the last 9 years so for some reason traffic has fallen over 50%.

However, I also think the virgin section seems to get less posts than most of the other prepaid sections. Maybe iphone users have so few problems they don't need a forum.
    Interesting, dip between 2014 and 2015. That was around the time Cricket and AIO merged.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by brad4cell View Post

Traffic seemed to have taken a hit once it went from you could come here, go to a forum and get info that was helpful to people trolling and spamming hate towards carriers. Other sites started taking a hit and stopped people from commenting on post. The other thing that has changed is how much cheaper and easier it is to get a phone that is unlocked and usable on every carrier. You don't have to come here to get advice on flashing a phone to the carrier of your choice anymore. This all combined to equal less of a reason for those who truly know what they were doing, are working or have worked in the phone industry to come here and give knowledge to those who need it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by J Wireless View Post
    Traffic seemed to have taken a hit once it went from you could come here, go to a forum and get info that was helpful to people trolling and spamming hate towards carriers. Other sites started taking a hit and stopped people from commenting on post. The other thing that has changed is how much cheaper and easier it is to get a phone that is unlocked and usable on every carrier. You don't have to come here to get advice on flashing a phone to the carrier of your choice anymore. This all combined to equal less of a reason for those who truly know what they were doing, are working or have worked in the phone industry to come here and give knowledge to those who need it.
    Reddit, Twitter, and Facebook also happened. Between /r/nocontract and several carrier subreddits, news and info passes through social media a lot faster over there. People rarely post news here anymore (the former mod used to do that a lot in the Sprint sections). In general this vBulletin forum is old-school internet conversation. Take a look at S4GRU, they're tanking:

https://www.rank2traffic.com/s4gru.com

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I looked at the boost area on reddit and it seemed to not have a lot of posts so I kind of lost interest and came back here but it is worth checking out.

The bulletin board might be old tech but I have not found a better place than this website with more info about phones yet.

Device(s)
    LG K3
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I wonder if they will try to absorb Virgin Mobile USA and Boost MobileUSA into MetroPCS if the merger goes through.
    LG K3 on Virgin Mobile ($20 a month Walmart Plan)
    2 Samsung SCH-u410™ w/Verizon Prepaid ($5 month & $15 month grandfathered plans)

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They'll probably call it Metro Mobile and drop Virgin. The only thing worth keeping about Virgin is their customer service. And they really need to drop PCS asap. Sounds like something from the 90s.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well if they drop the s(print) in boost it turns into boot

Sad to see boost go since most people I run into seem pretty happy with it

What they should do is turn virgin boost and TMobile prepaids into one competitive prepaid offering

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They have a competitive offering as it is, but it's been a 2 horse race so far. AT&T and Verizon don't take prepaid nearly as seriously as Sprint and T-Mobile did. That maybe why some are afraid of prices going up soon.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't see much talk about inner circle..

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X, OnePlus 2
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The new board of directors would be a mix of the top people from Sprint and T-Mobile. That being said, some are saying that it's 50/50 at best that the deal gets approved. We'll have to wait and see how jobs will look and if the government feels that prices will stay competitive if they approve this or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast