Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tello more data

Feedback Score

Tello more data

I received a nice email this morning:

Sweet free upgrade and it already shows up in my account. I have my son on this plan for $15. Hard to find 2GB of Sprint data and unlimited text cheaper than that.
    Last edited by kupton; 03-07-2018 at 11:58 AM.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus $12 plan
    Feedback Score
    Sweet indeed and I'm impressed with Tello but people I call complain that they can't hear me. It's either my old Sprint Moto E2 or the Sprint coverage where I live. Either way, I'm switching back to my other old Moto E2 GSM phone with Red Pocket. I didn't have this problem when I was using my GSM phone on RP.
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Feedback Score
    This is a really good deal if you have acceptable Sprint coverage.

Name:  Princing-Table.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  71.7 KB

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE(2), LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    If they can continue to lower their plan rates, why can't they lower their US paygo rates a little? How about 1c - 1c - 1c or 1c - 1c - 2c or 2c - 1c - 1c
    ?
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks and now months, TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    If they can continue to lower their plan rates, why can't they lower their US paygo rates a little? How about 1c - 1c - 1c or 1c - 1c - 2c or 2c - 1c - 1c
    ?
    My guess is that they probably can, but don't want to. They prefer that sweet, sweet monthly plan cash flow.

I'm surprised that they even allow paygo plans to exist with only 1 cent of use every three months. They are probably losing money on those if there is a line fee they have to pay to Sprint.

Lower data cost would be nice for me. The only thing I use one Tello phone for is as a hotspot for travel.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Relztrah, if sprint's data service is reasonable enough in your area, try making/receiving calls with google voice & hangouts.

Feedback Score
    Something else to add to your signature

Quote Originally Posted by ls61 View Post
    ?

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Somehow, I have been paying $7 for 200MB data and 100 min. Which is better than the current discount. Otherwise, I would say most people can get by with 1GB data and 100 min (w/ VoIP) for $10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Relztrah View Post
    Sweet indeed and I'm impressed with Tello but people I call complain that they can't hear me. It's either my old Sprint Moto E2 or the Sprint coverage where I live. Either way, I'm switching back to my other old Moto E2 GSM phone with Red Pocket. I didn't have this problem when I was using my GSM phone on RP.
    The Moto E2 was probably the worst sounding phone I've ever heard. I pretty much forced my brother and his wife to switch to Moto G Plays so I could understand what they were saying. Funny how the E2 had the worst voice quality and the E4 is right there with the best of them.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus $12 plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    The Moto E2 was probably the worst sounding phone I've ever heard. I pretty much forced my brother and his wife to switch to Moto G Plays so I could understand what they were saying. Funny how the E2 had the worst voice quality and the E4 is right there with the best of them.
    But my GSM E2 sounds fine. Go figure.

Device(s)
    Saumsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation), LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, Lycamobile, Tello
    Feedback Score
    If I remember correctly, this is (or close to) the one year anniversary of RingPlus's demise.

Maybe Tello's plan price reductions are some sort of celebration LOL?

Sent from my SM-G930U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    If I remember correctly, this is (or close to) the one year anniversary of RingPlus's demise.

Maybe Tello's plan price reductions are some sort of celebration LOL?

It was around 2/11/17.

I bailed before the final day and put two of my Ringplus phones on Tello 2/4/17.

I thought it had been longer than a year since that fairy tale ended.

Device(s)
    Saumsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation), LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, Lycamobile, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    It was around 2/11/17.

I bailed before the final day and put two of my Ringplus phones on Tello 2/4/17.

I thought it had been longer than a year since that fairy tale ended.
    I bailed in November 2016 to Tello after reading about what wad going on with RingPlus... I must have seen the train a'comin down the tracks.

Feedback Score
    Tello's pay as you go has been awesome for me. I first used lyca mobile, then ringplus, and now tello, and tello has probably been the cheapest plan of all for me. Combined with google voice, I've gotten by on about $12 total since I joined over a year ago.

Feedback Score
    I am thinking of switching to Tello from Sprint postpaid. What things will I loose by going with Tello? I believe Sprint allows us to roam for free on Verizon towers in bad Sprint coverage, is that true? What other features will I loose by going with Tello? I am in the Cleveland, Ohio area and coverage seems good for me on Sprint. I am a heavy data user so I may go with their 10gb plan for $39 unless you think there is a better plan or MVNO on Verizon.

Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast