Thread: Billing Question when leaving VZ

Feedback Score

Billing Question when leaving VZ

I am getting rid of my VZW postpaid plan ASAP. i tried to do it before the new cycle begins, but didn't make it (it was yesterday). I realized that it will take a few days more, as I have to order the SIM card from Boom Mobile (forgot about that!).

Question:

I didn't pay my bill that was for the cycle that started yesterday, since I thought I was leaving before it started. I know that if I paid my bill, but left in a few days, they wouldn't prorate the service and refund anything.

Can I just pay them for the days that I used in this cycle, as soon as I get the Boom SIM card and cancel VZ?? Or is there any other way around paying for a whole month more? I am tired of paying such a high price for what I don't need (grandfathered UDP).

[BTW, what's with calling it postpaid, but you have to pay for the upcoming month?]

Thank you!

Device(s)
    IPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
    I am getting rid of my VZW postpaid plan ASAP. i tried to do it before the new cycle begins, but didn't make it (it was yesterday). I realized that it will take a few days more, as I have to order the SIM card from Boom Mobile (forgot about that!).

Question:

I didn't pay my bill that was for the cycle that started yesterday, since I thought I was leaving before it started. I know that if I paid my bill, but left in a few days, they wouldn't prorate the service and refund anything.

Can I just pay them for the days that I used in this cycle, as soon as I get the Boom SIM card and cancel VZ?? Or is there any other way around paying for a whole month more? I am tired of paying such a high price for what I don't need (grandfathered UDP).

[BTW, what's with calling it postpaid, but you have to pay for the upcoming month?]

Thank you!
    Nope...they don’t prorate when you cancel. You’re stuck paying for the whole month.

It’s called postpaid because you pay for overages, international roaming fees, etc after the fact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You may want to advertise the plan for transfer to someone , may make some money as i think they are still sold.

Feedback Score
    This guy has sold 2 of them last month for 1100, might contact him and see if he wants to buy it even if you get half should pay for the month and then some
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Unl...wAAOSw9OFZJtoX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    This guy has sold 2 of them last month for 1100, might contact him and see if he wants to buy it even if you get half should pay for the month and then some
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-Unl...wAAOSw9OFZJtoX
    Thank you, I was thinking of doing that. The people who do that mostly have a business doing it. I'm not sure if I can make the AOL, or whatever transfer, and make it work now (VZ won't do it now from what I read).

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
    Thank you, I was thinking of doing that. The people who do that mostly have a business doing it. I'm not sure if I can make the AOL, or whatever transfer, and make it work now (VZ won't do it now from what I read).
    I'm guessing you have very little chance of getting the line to AOL. Even if you do they might come in the next week and shut it down on your buyer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I'm guessing you have very little chance of getting the line to AOL. Even if you do they might come in the next week and shut it down on your buyer.
    Thank you. Probably the only people that can do it are the people who make a business out of this on ebay.