Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can Sprint roam on Verizon?

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score

Can Sprint roam on Verizon?

So just as I kinda expected reading this forum, sprints service drops at my workplace. I am still using my Canadian roaming Sim but i know for sure Sprint has no service because I don't see the network on a manual search inside the building. Outside I do see it. Now I do see Verizon but I can't connect to it (no roaming agreement?). So my question is that can Sprint subs roam on Verizon in the middle of Seattle ?

If Sprint doesn't work my option is att, and I am not to keen on going with att.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    So just as I kinda expected reading this forum, sprints service drops at my workplace. I am still using my Canadian roaming Sim but i know for sure Sprint has no service because I don't see the network on a manual search inside the building. Outside I do see it. Now I do see Verizon but I can't connect to it (no roaming agreement?). So my question is that can Sprint subs roam on Verizon in the middle of Seattle ?

If Sprint doesn't work my option is att, and I am not to keen on going with att.

Sprint does Roam onto VZW. That might end when 1x it's shut down so that's why they also Roam onto att also. However roaming isn't allowed ( unless your force it) in places Sprint has coverage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Roaming on other carriers generally isn't allowed just because you can't get a signal in some particular location. That roaming agreement costs Sprint a lot of money.

They pick and choose the areas far enough away from their service areas to justify the expense.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's an easy solution unless you were to go with something like Project Fi, which may flip over to T-Mobile (if that's available in the affected location).

It's probably that or flip to Verizon/AT&T.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    By force it you mean manual selection ? What if a Sprint signal isn't found at all will it auto switch to att? Is there an extra charge ?

Feedback Score
    By force it you mean manual selection ? What if a Sprint signal isn't found at all will it auto switch to att? Is there an extra charge ?

I don't know how to force it I've heard people have done it. Doesnt work that way tho. Sprint roams onto att for LTE. VZW for 1X.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    And they don't have volte. Ugh. Looks like I have to buy a test sim (ruim ?) To check if it works.

Feedback Score
    And they don't have volte. Ugh. Looks like I have to buy a test sim (ruim ?) To check if it works.

Yeah VOLTE will be coming by the end of this year. Not sure why they don't volte roam.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I moved 5 of my lines from Sprint to AT&T due to the lack of "Native Coverage" Sprint has. Yes, they have roaming or Extended Roaming coverage cause Sprint is just TOO LAZY to build out THEIR own coverage to match the other 3 carriers did or even buying out other carriers to fold them into their native coverage. I am happy with AT&T and I don't even look back at Sprint. I have other friends that I am working with to get them off this awful Sprint network cause they are complaining of the slow data and coverage when they travel. I hope the best for you and find a wireless service that serves you for what you need there.
    Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note 8
    Plan: AT&T Unlimited Plus Multi Line $225.00/mo. For 6 Devices
    Ins: AT&T Multi-Device Protection Pack $34.99

Airtouch: (VZW Now) 9/1997 - 7/2001 (Micro T-A-C Lite II Retired & Still Have 2 This Date) & Motorola SC-725 Retired
    Nextel: 7/2001 - 10/2010 (i2k+, i95cl, i860, i930, & i680 Retired)
    Sprint: 6/2008 - 12/19/2017 (ic902, v950, Blackberry Bold 9650/9930, Galaxy Note 2, 3, & 4 Retired)
    Airave: 06/2010 - 12/19/2017
    AT&T: 12/19/2017 - Current

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser2003 View Post
    I moved 5 of my lines from Sprint to AT&T due to the lack of "Native Coverage" Sprint has. Yes, they have roaming or Extended Roaming coverage cause Sprint is just TOO LAZY to build out THEIR own coverage to match the other 3 carriers did or even buying out other carriers to fold them into their native coverage. I am happy with AT&T and I don't even look back at Sprint. I have other friends that I am working with to get them off this awful Sprint network cause they are complaining of the slow data and coverage when they travel. I hope the best for you and find a wireless service that serves you for what you need there.
    So why is ok for att and Tmobile and VZW to native roam but Sprint can't? It's not called lazy it's called they said be worrying about places that att or vzw are the only option. Before your say thos 3 don't have other carriers provide coverage for them tell me why VZW almost or did drop people for using to much data outside their Network? They also did buy out uscc in some areas. Their isn't really carriers left to buy so how can they do that?

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I travel a lot around the country and I stuck around with Sprint as long as I could til AT&T had a better plan for me to move over to and their coverage is better too. I called for the last 7 years to see if there was any chance of them to fill in an area out in Royal, AR that I travel 3 times a year to visit with a friend and to improve the coverage there and got nothing. Sprint had many chances to buy other carriers instead of Nextel and waste billions of dollars that would take many years to get it together where they could of got Alltel which would of been a better fit with the money plus then get MetroPCS and there could be a few other carriers to expand their coverage but Nope they are in the position they are from 2005 losing millions of customers over the years and you see why they are in 4th place and getting further behind T-mobile which they are in 3rd place. Sorry for sounding like this but I just had enough of the lack of native coverage and moved over to AT&T and got 3 of my services with them and I am happy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stormchaser2003 View Post
    I travel a lot around the country and I stuck around with Sprint as long as I could til AT&T had a better plan for me to move over to and their coverage is better too. I called for the last 7 years to see if there was any chance of them to fill in an area out in Royal, AR that I travel 3 times a year to visit with a friend and to improve the coverage there and got nothing. Sprint had many chances to buy other carriers instead of Nextel and waste billions of dollars that would take many years to get it together where they could of got Alltel which would of been a better fit with the money plus then get MetroPCS and there could be a few other carriers to expand their coverage but Nope they are in the position they are from 2005 losing millions of customers over the years and you see why they are in 4th place and getting further behind T-mobile which they are in 3rd place. Sorry for sounding like this but I just had enough of the lack of native coverage and moved over to AT&T and got 3 of my services with them and I am happy.
    I agree they should have bought attel and metro. There it's nothing Marcelo can do about that. That's way before his time.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. It was a stupid man named Gary Forsee that did that with I am guessing the board at that time. Dan Hesse took over and did what he can to fix it in a way but Sprint never recovered before the Gary Forsee era and it is real sad to see a company like Sprint go downhill like is has and Marcelo I guess it trying to right the ship but for me it is just to little to late and maybe like millions of other people that "were" with Sprint will never and maybe will never ever return to Sprint like me since moving on from Sprint.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold,Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    So why is ok for att and Tmobile and VZW to native roam but Sprint can't? It's not called lazy it's called they said be worrying about places that att or vzw are the only option. Before your say thos 3 don't have other carriers provide coverage for them tell me why VZW almost or did drop people for using to much data outside their Network? They also did buy out uscc in some areas. Their isn't really carriers left to buy so how can they do that?

There’s no reason to be so apologetic towards a carrier that consistently ranks last in every network metric except maybe ping. They need to step their game up and cover everyone the way that Verizon AT&T and even T-Mobile are doing now. They are being lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B2+B66+B30+B5 (20 MHz + 10 MHz + 10 MHz + 5 MHz)
    Minneapolis, MN

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    There’s no reason to be so apologetic towards a carrier that consistently ranks last in every network metric except maybe ping. They need to step their game up and cover everyone the way that Verizon AT&T and even T-Mobile are doing now. They are being lazy.

They were banking on Tmobile to merge to go thru. Since that didn't happen they have no choice. Tmobile ranks last on voice. Sprint does very well their. They will caught up to at&t at Some point.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold,Galaxy S8+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    They were banking on Tmobile to merge to go thru. Since that didn't happen they have no choice. Tmobile ranks last on voice. Sprint does very well their. They will caught up to at&t at Some point.

Sprint also has national roaming on Verizon which allows them to rank above last in voice. And Sprint CQ (EVRC-NW) is garbage when compared to AMR-WB and EVS especially considering the latter have the ability to work with AT&T and Verizon users. And at this point Sprint is tied with T-Mobile’s 2014 LTE network footprint. Good luck catching up to AT&T, especially with FirstNet and their network spending plans this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast