Thread: Expo Mobile won't release number to port to Page Plus

Device(s)
    Saumsung Galaxy S7, Motorola Moto E (2nd Generation), LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless, Lycamobile, Tello
    Feedback Score

Expo Mobile won't release number to port to Page Plus

Hi all!

I'm trying to port my mom's line from Expo Mobile to Page Plus. I missed the refill date on it by one day, and because of this, Expo Mobile is refusing to release the number (or tells me that can't, which seems like BS to me, since the account definitely seems to still be there). Any way around this other than to cough up another $10? I've already bought a $10 Standard plan PIN for Page Plus from Callingmart (Page Plus requires a plan PIN to do a port-in). I mentioned "FCC complaint" to Expo CS, and that didn't work.

I'm wondering if I might be better off to just cancel the account on Expo Mobile and just let the number go (my mom hardly gets any calls on that number, mostly just spam)?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give!

Feedback Score
    if its mostly just spam then I would get a new number. I really dislike spam calls

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    Hi all!

I'm trying to port my mom's line from Expo Mobile to Page Plus. I missed the refill date on it by one day, and because of this, Expo Mobile is refusing to release the number (or tells me that can't, which seems like BS to me, since the account definitely seems to still be there). Any way around this other than to cough up another $10? I've already bought a $10 Standard plan PIN for Page Plus from Callingmart (Page Plus requires a plan PIN to do a port-in). I mentioned "FCC complaint" to Expo CS, and that didn't work.

I'm wondering if I might be better off to just cancel the account on Expo Mobile and just let the number go (my mom hardly gets any calls on that number, mostly just spam)?

If it was me, I would file a complaint. The way I read the rules, they can't refuse your port even if you owe money. You don't owe because it's prepaid. Your account might be suspended but it's not closed, they usually don't release the number for a length of time after the paid time expires. You don't have to cancel the old account.

In your case it might be a better use of time to get a new number. Did the new provider give you a temporary number and activate your first month? Or will they wait a few weeks to try the port again if you renew at Expo? I had a Pageplus line for a short time and they seemed competent. I guess it's a question of how badly you need to keep the number, is it worth the fight.

Feedback Score
    Cricket did the same to me. Said line must be active to port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    If it was me, I would file a complaint. The way I read the rules, they can't refuse your port even if you owe money. You don't owe because it's prepaid. Your account might be suspended but it's not closed, they usually don't release the number for a length of time after the paid time expires. You don't have to cancel the old account.

In your case it might be a better use of time to get a new number. Did the new provider give you a temporary number and activate your first month? Or will they wait a few weeks to try the port again if you renew at Expo? I had a Pageplus line for a short time and they seemed competent. I guess it's a question of how badly you need to keep the number, is it worth the fight.
    I had an extra Samsung Gusto 3 flip phone on hand, so I just went ahead and put it on Page Plus with a new number... not really worth my time to fight Expo Mobile any more. hopefully the new number is clean (not too spammy, no calls for the former owner, etc.). If the new number is too spammy, I'll just ask for a new, hopefully less spammy, number.

Now I just gotta get Expo Mobile to get their paws off of the other Gusto 3 flipper... they're already a few hours past their 2-4 hour promised timeframe .

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    All carriers AFAIK require the account be active in order to port. FCC says do not cancel your service before you port. https://www.fcc.gov/consumers/guides...ange-providers

Feedback Score
    Hi all!

As others have said, a suspended account is an account that's neither active nor closed. The number cant be ported to protect you from having your number stolen, especially if it had value to you (your number since you were a kid, you're in the Pope's contacts with that number, etc). Most times porting off a prepaid carrier you wind up losing a little money.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    When I got up yesterday I checked the Gusto 3 that I had on Expo Mobile... and lo and behold... it was on Page Plus with the number I was trying to port!

So it IS possible for Expo Mobile to port a suspended line... don't let them tell you otherwise! I asked Expo to just delete the account yesterday and free the phone... maybe they tried to do that but because I had a pending port-in request with Page Plus, the number ported to PPC instead of just going into the ether?

Now I just gotta see if it's possible to move the balance from the other Gusto 3 to the one with my mom's number that I just ported in and ask PPC to cancel the number on the other Gusto 3? Can this be done?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    When I got up yesterday I checked the Gusto 3 that I had on Expo Mobile... and lo and behold... it was on Page Plus with the number I was trying to port!

So it IS possible for Expo Mobile to port a suspended line... don't let them tell you otherwise! I asked Expo to just delete the account yesterday and free the phone... maybe they tried to do that but because I had a pending port-in request with Page Plus, the number ported to PPC instead of just going into the ether?

Now I just gotta see if it's possible to move the balance from the other Gusto 3 to the one with my mom's number that I just ported in and ask PPC to cancel the number on the other Gusto 3? Can this be done?
    Congrats on getting the number ported! It's kind of you to help your family with technology.

I hope Pageplus can merge the accounts, I hear they do have good support.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertabrae View Post
    Congrats on getting the number ported! It's kind of you to help your family with technology.

I hope Pageplus can merge the accounts, I hear they do have good support.
    No dice on getting the balance transferred. I tried three different PPC reps via chat. Guess I'm just gonna have to put $10 on the number that ported in. It looks like even porting that number back out to a different carrier and back onto the second phone that has the temp number wouldn't work either unless I lose the balance.

Feedback Score
    You found out what I was shocked to find out 10 years ago. A friend had his account & number in default for non-payment with Sprint. He was able to port to AT&T without paying Sprint.
    As a US citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

Fascism is here led by a hypersensitive psychopathic dictator having complete power, obsessively suppressing criticism, regimenting industry & commerce. Emboldening racism & aggressive nationalism.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 01.23.19
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.20.19
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 12.15.18

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score

What username and passcode credentials did you use to port the # out of Expo Mobile?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    What username and passcode credentials did you use to port the # out of Expo Mobile?

Thanks!
    I had to contact Expo CS to get the account #. I think the PIN was either the last 4 digits if the phone number or 0000, can't remenber at the moment.

Feedback Score
    For the future, porting the number to Google Voice will save you a lot of headaches. Then you could use whatever carrier you want.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    For the future, porting the number to Google Voice will save you a lot of headaches. Then you could use whatever carrier you want.
    It would, except this is a LG Octane VN530 feature phone for my 83 year old mother, so that would be difficult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast