Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RedPocket GSM-T Call Forwarding?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score

RedPocket GSM-T Call Forwarding?

Does the T-Mobile side of Redpocket support Call forwarding? I currently have GSM-A (AT&T) and thinking about moving it over to T-Mobile due to coverage.
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    Not that I am aware of.

Both my first hand attempts, and the attempts of a friend, did not allow us to change conditional call forwarding settings.

Here's a post of mine from another thread that summarizes it all:
    * https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3#post16954183

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twobytes View Post
    Not that I am aware of.

Both my first hand attempts, and the attempts of a friend, did not allow us to change conditional call forwarding settings.

Here's a post of mine from another thread that summarizes it all:
    * https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3#post16954183
    Thanks. Yeah call forwarding works perfect on AT&T so I’ll just keep it there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yeah I was rather bummed to lose CCF, but at least T-Mobile coverage is quite good for me, and GSMT has VoLTE as well as HD Voice (supposedly), though I haven't been able to test out the HD Voice part yet.

Feedback Score
    RedPocket coverage map is inaccurate and customer service sucks. stay away from them!

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaite View Post
    RedPocket coverage map is inaccurate and customer service sucks. stay away from them!
    Hmmm, must be a Red Pocket/T-Mobile issue. I have 3 lines with Red Pocket /ATT and love it. Coverage and customer service never an issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yeah sticking with AT&T just renewed for the$90 year plan. 500/500/500. Min/text and Data.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tampaite View Post
    Red pocket doesn’t have any coverage... if there coverage map was wrong it’s not there issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Traditionally, voice/text roaming coverage is better than data roaming. Even with a postpaid ATT plan, for instance, you are limited to 100MB/month roaming domestically. The only plan that I can see on RP that even hints at roaming is the Sprint compatible service, and the map doesn't indicate whether it is data or just voice.

Since I've signed up for RP Verizon as a backup, it seems to have worked pretty well. Dropped in spots in western Oklahoma and the Texas panhandle, but my hope that, depending on differences in coverage between networks, if I ever need to make an emergency call either RP V or ATT Postpaid will have coverage. I may take the time someday to buy the $84 360 day plan on eBay to replace my $10/month plan I currently have (500 minutes/500mb). Save about $36/year but with some hassle of contacting support to adjust my plan.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Traditionally, voice/text roaming coverage is better than data roaming. Even with a postpaid ATT plan, for instance, you are limited to 100MB/month roaming domestically. The only plan that I can see on RP that even hints at roaming is the Sprint compatible service, and the map doesn't indicate whether it is data or just voice.

Since I've signed up for RP Verizon as a backup, it seems to have worked pretty well. Dropped in spots in western Oklahoma and the Texas panhandle, but my hope that, depending on differences in coverage between networks, if I ever need to make an emergency call either RP V or ATT Postpaid will have coverage. I may take the time someday to buy the $84 360 day plan on eBay to replace my $10/month plan I currently have (500 minutes/500mb). Save about $36/year but with some hassle of contacting support to adjust my plan.
    I carry AT&T postpaid as my main and AT&T redpocket is my secondary. It’s mostly only used for forwarding to my phone system. As there’s no VOIP provider so far that can take the number lol

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    I carry AT&T postpaid as my main and AT&T redpocket is my secondary. It’s mostly only used for forwarding to my phone system. As there’s no VOIP provider so far that can take the number lol

So the secondary phone for you is mostly a way to park your number and still use it? I know that GV can't handle my area code, or I would have been tempted to move my home phone number to google so I could drop my home phone line (and hope that GV could cut down of robo calls). Instead, I have a 3rd cell phone on H2O Wireless at $10/3 months ($0.05/minute) that I'm making my new home phone number. Will cancel soon home phone. If it ever gets close to $10/month in usage I'll probably move it to a RP plan. Wouldn't really matter much which network as long as I have coverage at home.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So the secondary phone for you is mostly a way to park your number and still use it? I know that GV can't handle my area code, or I would have been tempted to move my home phone number to google so I could drop my home phone line (and hope that GV could cut down of robo calls). Instead, I have a 3rd cell phone on H2O Wireless at $10/3 months ($0.05/minute) that I'm making my new home phone number. Will cancel soon home phone. If it ever gets close to $10/month in usage I'll probably move it to a RP plan. Wouldn't really matter much which network as long as I have coverage at home.
    Yeah. Only mobile providers take it. Wish I could sell it haha. I have it forward to my phone system which plays a song until I either answer or they leave a voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twobytes View Post
    Yeah I was rather bummed to lose CCF, but at least T-Mobile coverage is quite good for me, and GSMT has VoLTE as well as HD Voice (supposedly), though I haven't been able to test out the HD Voice part yet.
    RP c/s told me they don't support VOLTE but tbh I take anything they say with a large grain of salt.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

I think to change plans you would simply wait until just before your current plan expired and go to your customer page. Click change plan and enter the pin from the yearly plan. No call necessary.

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    The other issue is eBay made some decisions a couple years ago that caused me to cancel my account. It didn't matter at first since the low risk approach to try them out was month to month. I'll see about getting it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast