Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-Mobile Users, Why Are You Here?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I never got a lot of detail. I was told both that the phone was locked to another carrier and that it had been used on Sprint and was not eligible for the offer. I did talk to Sprint, multiple times and was never offered a solution. I did talk to Project Fi and was never offered a solution. I did post here and was not told how I could fix the problem. So, your theory sounds great. Maybe if I had known "flipping the ownership flag from PLBL to SPCS" at the time, the problem might have been solved. It's all water either under the bridge or over the dam at this point. Sometimes the barriers are just so intractable that you get the impression that it just isn't meant to be. Remember that this was our third attempt to sign up for Sprint service.
    I agree and that is reasonable - I only mentioned in case you might still be intereted in trying one more time....

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I never got a lot of detail. I was told both that the phone was locked to another carrier and that it had been used on Sprint and was not eligible for the offer. I did talk to Sprint, multiple times and was never offered a solution. I did talk to Project Fi and was never offered a solution. I did post here and was not told how I could fix the problem. So, your theory sounds great. Maybe if I had known "flipping the ownership flag from PLBL to SPCS" at the time, the problem might have been solved. It's all water either under the bridge or over the dam at this point. Sometimes the barriers are just so intractable that you get the impression that it just isn't meant to be. Remember that this was our third attempt to sign up for Sprint service.
    I'd say to try again. I've been on the Sprint Free year plan since about June and found it hard to complain about $3.13 monthly bills. I had a similar situation, I initially wanted to use a Nexus 6P that I'd previously used on Sprint -- fortunately, in my case, I had another compatible phone I was able to use. Eventually I did contact Sprint support and get the flag switched to SPCS, and even used the Nexus 6P for my Sprint service. I'll admit it is a pain that you need to get the flag flipped in the database, but once done you should be able to sign up with that phone.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I check up on this forum from time to time. I've been very critical in the past. I think Sprint absolutely sucks in many ways. But, when I posted a recent story about a friend using Sprint who decided to leave after 20 years, I posted it in the T-MOBILE forum (the carrier he decided to switch to).

I think most of us belong to these forums in general to discuss the industry, carrier choices, options, phones, etc. I think it's healthy when a person from another carrier challenges ideas or asks hard questions.

A lot of subscribers left Sprint for another carrier over the past few years. Of all the carriers, it's no surprise that Sprint forums have revisiting critics. They are in 4th place for a reason, and it isn't because they're awesome. Expect complaints.

But, I understand the OP's frustration.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I understand the OP's frustrations. In fact I wrote a similar thread in the T-Mobile forums (lounge) back in 2016. At the time there were several posters promoting the duopoly's infinite superiority every time I posted anything about upcoming network improvements.

The trolls were eventually weeded out/banned and their credibility waned over time not because they shared a different opinion but because they were coming into threads solely for the purpose of starting trouble. I have no problem with invective; but in this case; invective in an enthusiast forum where we are here to share ideas, news and learn from each other is not helpful to anyone.

Like I said earlier: You can't change people's personalities. The one with the power of change here is Sprint. But even the supposed best (Verizon) has no shortages of complaints either from the network or someone's outrageous billing so I guess you'll never make everyone happy.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Its not complicated. T-Mobile has been the major driving force in the industry, so its not unreasonable former customers look at Sprint wondering why they're twiddling their thumbs. Simple example: Network Vision is still incomplete. Sprint refuses to listen to their customers when there are many non-network issues related to the company.

I've said it many times, but Marcelo must be replaced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2