Thread: Verizon DURAXV on AT&T

Feedback Score

Verizon DURAXV on AT&T

My mother in law used to take care of my wifes uncles cell phone plans until she passed and now i am doing it - they have been using Verizon, but are older (late 60's/ early 70's) farmers who don't really like change much and use flip phones. Near as i can tell their cheapest route on postpaid verizon is $84. I am wanting to add them to my unlimited plan making it down to 45 dollars with taxes and fee's -

I would like them to try the service but the flip phones they have currently are older non lte phones that you had to program with the *228 etc., they do have a sim card but I don't think it can be used domestically just want to double check. I would rather they try the service on the phones now just to make sure it still works as well as verizon where they go. any thoughts?

Product Information
    The Kyocera DuraXV runs on the Brew MP operating system. It is equipped with robust battery capacity. This phone features a convenient 5 MP camera, so you can capture images and store them on its memory space. This Kyocera phone supports CDMA2000 1X 1900/800 / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 networks. It comes in black.
    Product Identifiers
    BrandKyocera
    MPNKYOE4520
    NetworkVerizon
    Family LineKyocera DuraXV
    ModelE4520
    UPC067215024214
    TypeCellular Phone
    Key Features
    Storage Capacity512MB
    ColorBlack
    BandCDMA2000 1X 1900/800 / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
    StyleFlip
    Camera Resolution5.0MP
    Display
    Screen Size2.4"
    Dimensions
    Height4.13 in.
    Depth0.98 in.
    Width2.15 in.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It might work, but some features may not fully integrate with At&t. The phone will not work on LTE networks, but 911 calling will work if needed as mandated by the government. Best wishes.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It looks like this phone only has CDMA and GSM. It will not work on AT&T. It would at least need to have WCDMA/UMTS. T shut down their GSM network over a year ago. T-Mobile has a bare bones GSM network still running, but doesn't help you here.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    OP, doesn't Verizon have a 55+ plan like T-Mobile does? Is that the $84 you came up with?

Also, Verizon does sell an LTE flip phone (at least I saw it on their site). It should have B2 and B4, not sure about B12 which would be critical.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    thanks for the feedback sounds like i'll be trying to find the comparable phone on att (looks like they have a duraxe but not sure it's the same sturdiness) and hoping the service works out for them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    OP, doesn't Verizon have a 55+ plan like T-Mobile does? Is that the $84 you came up with?

Also, Verizon does sell an LTE flip phone (at least I saw it on their site). It should have B2 and B4, not sure about B12 which would be critical.

I was using the 2 gb plan for 35 which appears to be the cheapest for basic phones, then they add line access fees totaling 40 dollars and taxes and fees. I heard about a 55+ plan but think it is only being trialed in FL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cocky01 View Post
    I was using the 2 gb plan for 35 which appears to be the cheapest for basic phones, then they add line access fees totaling 40 dollars and taxes and fees. I heard about a 55+ plan but think it is only being trialed in FL
    Okay. They currently have the DURAXV?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malibu31 View Post
    Okay. They currently have the DURAXV?

That's right, was hoping to atleast test it out in the areas they go (already live very rural, but i'm sure go extremely rural while going to farms etc.)

Feedback Score
    That's right, was hoping to atleast test it out in the areas they go (already live very rural, but i'm sure go extremely rural while going to farms etc.)
    I see, yeah you'd have to swap those out with ones that'll work on AT&T. I use the Kyocera DuraXV+ I think, for work. Not a bad phone at all.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have some old flip phones they want to sell? bonus points for sturdier ones than normal.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone have some old flip phones they want to sell? bonus points for sturdier ones than normal.
    There is a Buy/Sell/Trade forum page on HOFO for this type of question. This is not the correct forum for that.

Feedback Score
    My mother in law used to take care of my wifes uncles cell phone plans until she passed and now i am doing it - they have been using Verizon, but are older (late 60's/ early 70's) farmers who don't really like change much and use flip phones. Near as i can tell their cheapest route on postpaid verizon is $84. I am wanting to add them to my unlimited plan making it down to 45 dollars with taxes and fee's -

I would like them to try the service but the flip phones they have currently are older non lte phones that you had to program with the *228 etc., they do have a sim card but I don't think it can be used domestically just want to double check. I would rather they try the service on the phones now just to make sure it still works as well as verizon where they go. any thoughts?

Product Information
    The Kyocera DuraXV runs on the Brew MP operating system. It is equipped with robust battery capacity. This phone features a convenient 5 MP camera, so you can capture images and store them on its memory space. This Kyocera phone supports CDMA2000 1X 1900/800 / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 networks. It comes in black.
    Product Identifiers
    BrandKyocera
    MPNKYOE4520
    NetworkVerizon
    Family LineKyocera DuraXV
    ModelE4520
    UPC067215024214
    TypeCellular Phone
    Key Features
    Storage Capacity512MB
    ColorBlack
    BandCDMA2000 1X 1900/800 / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
    StyleFlip
    Camera Resolution5.0MP
    Display
    Screen Size2.4"
    Dimensions
    Height4.13 in.
    Depth0.98 in.
    Width2.15 in.
    In order for it to work on Att it would have to have hspa+ support as att no longer have 2G.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk