Thread: Northeast WI Cellcom vs US Cellular

Hybrid View

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Northeast WI Cellcom vs US Cellular

I am new to this website but have been reading posts. I currently have AT&T and am happy with it aside from having service issues inside the building I work in. Cellcom works inside the building but they lack a lot of features (VoLTE, call forwarding, and more), and coverage has decreased where my parents live. I am curious to know what anyone else has to say about in building service in Northeast WI. Anyone have US Cellular? Cellcom used to be good but they haven't figured out that you can't keep adding customers and not add capacity and towers. The reason I am thinking about getting a new carrier is that I manage apartments as a second job and worry that someone might not be able to get a hold of me in an emergency while I am at my regular full time job.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Since no one replied, I did make a decision. I went with Cellcom and tried a Samsung. (horrible idea to try Samsung) Ended up returning the samsung and getting iPhone X.

Carrier(s)
    tracfone
    Feedback Score
    and how are you with that?

I am a very very unhappy user (tracfone) and am looking to try Alex's 1st try of a phone

Jeff

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Cellcom customer service can't be beat. They have a live local person answer the phones. I did find a few people with US Cellular and they don't have very good service. If you want Cellcom I have a "referral code" and you get a bill credit for switching.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I should have posted an update to this thread a long time ago but here it goes, Cellcom still sucks. I didn't keep them because they have such low capacity and put nothing into the network. I went to a hockey game which isn't a huge event but I couldn't even send an iMessage because the network can't handle it. After the experience I had trying to get my refund back and make sure they weren't going to take, take, take from the checking account I used I would never recommend Cellcom. Hope they get eaten alive by Verizon one day so we can have more choices up north that are good. As of now AT&T is still the best carrier I can get for where my family lives. My brother is unfortunately stuck with them because he works in remote areas north of Crivitz and he showed me the "fast" speed he gets on LTE at home, a whooping .51 mbps. Cellcom is a total joke to all their customers and it is evident they don't care one bit about the service being provided.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Until reading this thread I knew almost nothing about Cellcom. Regional carriers like this relied on the duopolistic character of the original cellular service to survive. They only had to be about as good as the other guy to get by. With the advent of many new low-band licenses, this type of carrier either has to tie themselves to a major carrier (a la LTEiRA) or face eventual extenction as the majors extend their coverage into the regionals' bread and butter markets.

Cellcom seems to have some pretensions of building a vast empire of the north, buying 700 & 600 MHz licenses in UP and even a bit in MN.
    Donald Newcomb