Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Burnt by tracfone

Feedback Score

Burnt by tracfone

Yesterday I dropped my Moto G5 Plus in some and water and ruined the phone. This morning I activated a previous LG L41C that was listed in my account as inactive. After receiving the ticket # for the transfer my account balances on the ticket were 2048 minutes, 10224 text , and 10.85 gb data. THE MISTAKE I MADE WAS NOT TAKING A SCREEN SHOT OF THE TICKET. After an all day battle with Tracfone (3 chat sessions and one phone call) I ended up with 978 minutes, 545 text, and 1.49 gb of data transfered to the L41C.
    At this point I am through with Tracfone after being a customer for approximately 10 years. I have a two month old screen shot that shows a balance of 2683 minutes but their reply to that was I could have used the minutes over that period of time and stated that there was no way for me to send them the screenshot.

If anyone can direct me to a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated.

FINISHED, wideload

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Too late to do much good for you now, but I and others have been recommending using Chat to do any kind of activation and transfer when a large balance of units and/or days are involved. The chat transcript serves as a good proof. I know some people have successfully DIY on TF web site, but when something goes wrong it's a tough fight to get your balance restored.

Feedback Score
    I bet Slime's CSR's get a bonus for screwing over customers.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    If you think it's worth it, file online complaints with the FCC and the Miami BBB. Don't be surprised when TracFone CS calls you and suddenly bends over to try and resolve this issue .

Just basically state the simple facts you wrote here. Let us know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by wideload View Post
    Yesterday I dropped my Moto G5 Plus in some and water and ruined the phone. This morning I activated a previous LG L41C that was listed in my account as inactive. After receiving the ticket # for the transfer my account balances on the ticket were 2048 minutes, 10224 text , and 10.85 gb data. THE MISTAKE I MADE WAS NOT TAKING A SCREEN SHOT OF THE TICKET. After an all day battle with Tracfone (3 chat sessions and one phone call) I ended up with 978 minutes, 545 text, and 1.49 gb of data transfered to the L41C.
    At this point I am through with Tracfone after being a customer for approximately 10 years. I have a two month old screen shot that shows a balance of 2683 minutes but their reply to that was I could have used the minutes over that period of time and stated that there was no way for me to send them the screenshot.

If anyone can direct me to a solution to this it would be greatly appreciated.

FINISHED, wideload
    Last edited by tfusr19; 03-18-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    If you think it's worth it, file online complaint with the FCC and the Miami BBB. Don't be surprised when TracFone CS calls you and suddenly bends over to try a resolve this issue .

Just basically state the simple facts you wrote here. Let us know what happens.
    This is worth it. I think you'll find they're suddenly able to dig up the records of what you were supposed to have.

Feedback Score
    Next time you drop your phone in water, try taking out the SIM card and let it dry:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/d...mage-sim-cards

You might have been able to just swap in that SIM card in a new phone without doing a transfer.

Transfers are the diciest part of being a TF customer because there is no way to prove that you had a certain balance.

Too late for you now but suggesting this for others in the future.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    If you think it's worth it, file online complaint with the FCC and the Miami BBB.........
    I'll third that!

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, file with the FCC and the BBB. When I did this the person who handled the BBB was the first to respond. Later another person responded by actually calling with regard to the FCC complaint. Amazing how your issues gets fixed whereas before filing I had Miami Resolutions actually lie that I'd used the units I never got. Now I document everything via chat before adding units/service. When that add fails the reference to the prior documented chat goes along way to getting issues resolved via chat. Still a PITA which is why I dropped one account recently.

Feedback Score
    I always use chat for phone transfers, since my balances are very high. Here's a clip of my last transfer request and the chat response. Works very well - so far...

You: I would like to have you first verify my balances before the transfer.
    Leah: As I have checked your account, it showed that you have 8954 minutes for voice, 9467 minutes for text messages and 9.72 GB for data.

Feedback Score
    Steiny180 how do you document the chat session? I think there use to be an option to receive a copy by email but I didn't see that this time around.

wideload

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    how do you document the chat session? I think there use to be an option to receive a copy by email but I didn't see that this time around.
    Copy everything in the chat window and paste it into a text/doc file on your computer.

Feedback Score
    It's been a while, but it may also be that (1) they have your email address if you initiate the chat from your account, or (2) you provide an email address at chat initiation, and then (3) by default they send a transcript to your email address.

Feedback Score
    Steiny180 how do you document the chat session? I think there use to be an option to receive a copy by email but I didn't see that this time around.

wideload
    Just do what hpham said or easier yet, do a screenshot of what you want to save. (press Alt key & Prt Scr key together)

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyT View Post
    Just do what hpham said or easier yet, do a screenshot of what you want to save. (press Alt key & Prt Scr key together)
    A screenshot isn't a good choice if it's a long chat.

Feedback Score

wideload
    As hpham said, "Copy everything in the chat window and paste it into a text/doc file on your computer."

The email chat session is not reliable. I have never received one yet.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast