Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Burnt by tracfone

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wideload View Post
    WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON THE BEST WAY TO AVOID WHAT HAPPENED LAST TIME ????
    I think the last time you did the activation yourself, and didn't take a screenshot of the ticket #. We've been recommending to use Chat, get the current balance, let the rep do the transfer, get the new balance and a ticket #, copy-and-save the transcript yourself.

Feedback Score
    You don't want to update your BBB and FCC complaints and see what TracFone does to resolve the remaining due buckets?

Was contacted by TF about 9:30am and they have added 4 GB back to my account. That puts me within 3 GB of my original balance of data and within 650 text of original balance. I've been dealing with this since 3/17, they have gotten it close to original so I'm going to take it and move on.
    .. ..

Feedback Score
    Was contacted by TF about 9:30am and they have added 4 GB back to my account. That puts me within 3 GB of my original balance of data and within 650 text of original balance. I've been dealing with this since 3/17, they have gotten it close to original so I'm going to take it and move on.

Have a new phone on the way that will have to be activated after it gets here, but I won't be doing it myself on the web site.

Guess what I'm too nice to say. I take that back. Best way? Spend what you have & move to a non Slime MVNO.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X - Moto X PE, LG X Charge, LG G Pad, Nokia 6102b, ZTE 222
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Xfinity Mobile, Freedom Pop, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score

Use chat to verify all your units/days and have them perform the transfer right then and don't leave chat until you see the units/days on your account and your phone is working talk/text/data.

I would update or file a new FCC complaint against TF.
    Unlike many TF Inc. Subs in recent weeks, months now a year+ TF Inc. not showing much love to their TF service customers, especially BYOP.

Device(s)
    Moto E815, W766, LG A340, etc...
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, PagePlus Cellular, PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    <SNIP>

I responded with the following:

"Thank you for your response but my balances are still not correct. During my last contact with a corporate agent some corrections were made and my minutes are as close as I can figure (due to continued usage of the phone)correct but the balance of my text and data buckets are still short. I’m still short 650 text and 6 GB of data.

You might have closed my BBB complaint on your end but when I’m contacted by the BBB in regards to the complaint that will not be the case. As of today I’ve been dealing with this discrepancy in my account for 13 days and still do not have the correct balances. I’ll never understand why Tracfone wants to treat customers in this manner ( removing services that were paid for ) and based on conversations with other TF customers this seems to be a common practice.

Sincerely,

Mr. "

Still waiting for their next response.

wideload
    I am glad to see wideload's success with TF!

I was effed so bad by TF in ~2011, that I left them and never looked back. They "inactivated" my flip phone after a months long previous battle with their Fraud Prevention Dept. (Mafia?). Then they took back all the minutes and time they had given me earlier in a "settlement" . What a bunch of crooks.

Had I known about the BBB/FCC complaint route, I would have taken it!

Thanks wideload!

Mike
    Please run a "SEARCH" before posting your question!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3