Thread: Autopay Discount Question

Feedback Score

Autopay Discount Question

So I’m debating about either the 40 plan or 30 I know someone here mentioned about getting the 30 plan for 25 since they wait until the autopay discount hits the account then changes over. Does this still work?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    As I recall, the autopay discount is $5 and reduces your monthly cost on the bill. The plan is still the same price with or without autopay. It can take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to be applied.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    As I recall, the autopay discount is $5 and reduces your monthly cost on the bill. The plan is still the same price with or without autopay. It can take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to be applied.
    Hmm actually the plan would be 5 dollars cheaper with autopay versus without. And it never took me 1-2 billing cycles for it to go into effect so not sure where this is coming from

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It is all smoke and mirrors but the plan cost is the same either way, a $5 credit is applied to the bill as an "Autopay Discount". Works the same on my Sprint account with autopay. I worked for At&t for almost 10 years and that is how it showed while I worked for them and the autopay discount became available.

The 1-2 billing cycles can happen but it frequently became effective on the next statement. For example, if you billing period ends on the 15th and the autopay is setup on the 14th, it might not show up on the 15th.

Feedback Score
    Right but I am asking if after getting the AutoPay discount will downgrading to 30 plan keep the discount until the next billing cycle. I remember someone mentioning it here and they have done it and works for them

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Join a group plan on Reddit .. cheaper u can get unlimited for $25

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    $5 autopay discount still works for me on the $30 plan. Just have to time the upgrade/downgrade about 5 days before billing cycle ends. You are allowed 2 plan changes per month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    $5 autopay discount still works for me on the $30 plan. Just have to time the upgrade/downgrade about 5 days before billing cycle ends. You are allowed 2 plan changes per month.
    Ok so when the credit kicks in then downgrade and upgrade after the billing cycle ends?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Ok so when the credit kicks in then downgrade and upgrade after the billing cycle ends?
    I know the post you're talking about. PM them... He's the only one I know doing that. Most here are on group plans and really don't know about that exploit from our own experience.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I upgrade 6 days before billing cycle just before discount is issued. You will be billed prorated fee. $0.33 per day ($2.00). Make sure you have credit on your account to pay for the upgrade. Once $5 discount posts, then downgrade immediatey. You’ll get credit of $0.33 per day ($1.66 credit). So it might cost you $0.33 doing it this way but you get the $5 discount. If you wait too long to upgrade you might miss the autopay discount. That’s why I do it 6 days before billing cycle ends. You have to account for months of 28, 30 and 31 days.

I’m fine with 2GB of data. Your data bucket will reset but it’s at the end of your cycle. I suppose if you need it, then that helps also.

This method gets you 2GB for $25.33 and fresh data bucket for the last 6 days. I suppose one could argue you get 4GB for $25.33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwfreak View Post
    I upgrade 6 days before billing cycle just before discount is issued. You will be billed prorated fee. $0.33 per day ($2.00). Make sure you have credit on your account to pay for the upgrade. Once $5 discount posts, then downgrade immediatey. You’ll get credit of $0.33 per day ($1.66 credit). So it might cost you $0.33 doing it this way but you get the $5 discount. If you wait too long to upgrade you might miss the autopay discount. That’s why I do it 6 days before billing cycle ends. You have to account for months of 28, 30 and 31 days.

I’m fine with 2GB of data. Your data bucket will reset but it’s at the end of your cycle. I suppose if you need it, then that helps also.

This method gets you 2GB for $25.33 and fresh data bucket for the last 6 days. I suppose one could argue you get 4GB for $25.33.
    Oh nice that is awesome and probably best deal for 2 gigs along with consistent data and WiFi calling thanks for the tips

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    LOL easier to find a group plan and pay $25 for unlimited.