Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would a dual sim phone work?

Feedback Score

Would a dual sim phone work?

We were on a road trip into a rather remote area. I had no phone or internet service on ATT with my Tracfone. My guess this area was covered by Verizon as the place we were going had phone service and internet. I did not ask them who their service provider was. I'm not real familiar with dual sims. If I would have had a dual sim phone would I have been able to have an ATT sim and a Verizon sim and be able to switch between the two based on whatever service was available?

Feedback Score
    I'm not aware of any dual-sim phones that work with Verizon. You could always carry two separate phones with two different numbers - or you could port your mobile phone number to Google Voice and have calls directed to multiple phones including your AT&T and Verizon phones when your Google Voice number is dialed

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    I'm not aware of any dual-sim phones that work with Verizon. You could always carry two separate phones with two different numbers
    You can carry an unlocked VZ Moto E4 and two SIMS (one CDMA and one GSM).

Feedback Score
    If I was driving and someone needed to reach me at a moments notice, musical SIMs wouldn't work.

I guess it depends one's situation and whether they just want to invest in a second phone as a backup and avoid musical SIMs.

Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You can carry an unlocked VZ Moto E4 and two SIMS (one CDMA and one GSM).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    We were on a road trip into a rather remote area. I had no phone or internet service on ATT with my Tracfone. My guess this area was covered by Verizon as the place we were going had phone service and internet. I did not ask them who their service provider was. I'm not real familiar with dual sims. If I would have had a dual sim phone would I have been able to have an ATT sim and a Verizon sim and be able to switch between the two based on whatever service was available?
    The dual SIM Axon 7 phone reportedly works on Vzw, and most/all GSM networks.

To use a Vzw SIM in an Axon 7, it would have to be activated with a Vzw whitelisted device and then swapped into the Axon 7.

Before you buy an Axon 7, do research to make sure what I've described is accurate and/or has not changed recently.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The dual SIM Axon 7 phone reportedly works on Vzw, and most/all GSM networks.

To use a Vzw SIM in an Axon 7, it would have to be activated with a Vzw whitelisted device and then swapped into the Axon 7.

Before you buy an Axon 7, do research to make sure what I've described is accurate and/or has not changed recently.

Good luck!
    I can confirm that what Boz1 says is correct.

Feedback Score
    The Axon 7 is nice, but pricey
    https://www.zteusa.com/axon-7

I wonder if they still make them. Discontinued on B&H Photo website and I didn't bother looking too hard elsewhere.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Even if your carrier can enable the dual SIM phone, you can only use one phone # at a time, not both simultaneously.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    Good short article on use of dual SIM phones.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/simp...w-does-it-work

Feedback Score
    Good information. I wonder what type of dual-sim the Axon 7 is? Could find the answer with a brief Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Good short article on use of dual SIM phones.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/simp...w-does-it-work

Feedback Score
    The Axon 7 is nice, but pricey
    https://www.zteusa.com/axon-7

I wonder if they still make them. Discontinued on B&H Photo website and I didn't bother looking too hard elsewhere.
    The Axon 7 is an out of production model. Current prices for new ones vary a lot. Still not known if you can use both a GSM and CDMA SIM. It seems to have all the radios for either. It's successor will be the Axon 9, but no details yet.

Feedback Score
    Good information. I wonder what type of dual-sim the Axon 7 is? Could find the answer with a brief Google search.
    Dual Standby from references I saw. Most common type as stated in the article.

Feedback Score
    There are a number of Axon 7 mini available on ebay new and used but reviews are not real good on the mini.
    I read the article also and it sounds like more people are wanting this technology.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    There are a number of Axon 7 mini available on ebay new and used but reviews are not real good on the mini.
    I read the article also and it sounds like more people are wanting this technology.
    I'm pretty sure the Axon 7 mini does NOT support CDMA.

Feedback Score
    Just came across some info on gsmarena.com 2g is CDMA and 4g is LTE. Also phone is dual stand by. WE seldom get into areas with no ATT coverage. I think I can live with that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast