Thread: PagePlus/Verizon starting to cancel prepaid phones not ever on verizon's network

Feedback Score

PagePlus/Verizon starting to cancel prepaid phones not ever on verizon's network

Warning to all that never activated a verizon prepaid phone on verizon and instead went to another carrier!!!

I bought a Galaxy S4 verizon prepaid from Walmart two years ago. I never activated it on verizon but instead bought a pageplus sim and activated it on pageplus. A year or so ago PagePlus/Verizon threatened to disconnect all prepaids that had never been on the verizon prepaid plans. Like many others I ignored it and nothing ever happened. Well I can tell you today, 1 year later, they have made good on their threat. Suddenly, no warning, service went dark. All the foreign support people would say is a new phone is required to get service going. My escalation to a supervisor shed light on what was occurring. Thankfully the supervisor restored service for 30 days. He said after that the phone would not work anymore except on verizon prepaid.

I'm going to have fun with this and work the system. A family member has the same prepaid phone which spent one month on the verizon prepaid plans and then was activated on tracfone. I am going to switch sims/phones. So the S4 that is on pageplus for 25 more days will move to tracfone. My guess is eventually verizon will deactivate this phone on the tracfone network.

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by garyhalstead View Post
    Warning to all that never activated a verizon prepaid phone on verizon and instead went to another carrier!!!

I bought a Galaxy S4 verizon prepaid from Walmart two years ago. I never activated it on verizon but instead bought a pageplus sim and activated it on pageplus. A year or so ago PagePlus/Verizon threatened to disconnect all prepaids that had never been on the verizon prepaid plans. Like many others I ignored it and nothing ever happened. Well I can tell you today, 1 year later, they have made good on their threat. Suddenly, no warning, service went dark. All the foreign support people would say is a new phone is required to get service going. My escalation to a supervisor shed light on what was occurring. Thankfully the supervisor restored service for 30 days. He said after that the phone would not work anymore except on verizon prepaid.

I'm going to have fun with this and work the system. A family member has the same prepaid phone which spent one month on the verizon prepaid plans and then was activated on tracfone. I am going to switch sims/phones. So the S4 that is on pageplus for 25 more days will move to tracfone. My guess is eventually verizon will deactivate this phone on the tracfone network.
    What's happening is that the line attached to the SIM is getting hotlined in the Verizon network, because it has been used by a phone for which the ransom on the back of the box has not been paid. So when you take your relative's SIM and put it in your "bad" phone, it will get that line in trouble as well.

Feedback Score
    Are there any reports of others experiencing this on PP or other Verizon MVNOs? I have not seen any reports on the TracFone HoFo forum yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weskeene View Post
    What's happening is that the line attached to the SIM is getting hotlined in the Verizon network, because it has been used by a phone for which the ransom on the back of the box has not been paid. So when you take your relative's SIM and put it in your "bad" phone, it will get that line in trouble as well.
    Please clarify for me. I am going to take the page plus sim out of the phone that has never paid the ransom and put it in a phone that has paid the ransom. Will the phone that has paid the ransom be deactivated?

Feedback Score
    Your second phone should be fine and work with your SIM since the Verizon ransom was paid on it.

Please clarify for me. I am going to take the page plus sim out of the phone that has never paid the ransom and put it in a phone that has paid the ransom. Will the phone that has paid the ransom be deactivated?

Device(s)
    SM-G965U1
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I might have misunderstood what your plan was. You should be fine. I thought you were going the other direction taking other SIM cards and putting them into the hostage phone.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Clarification

My 1.5 year old Tracfone Iphone 5s that I purchased and activated on PagePlus just crashed yesterday and won’t even restore. I ordered a Verizon Prepaid Iphone SE off Verizon’s website yesterday with the $40 monthly plan. Can you please clarify what I need to do to get the new phone back on PP? Do I need to activate the new phone on Verizon then before the month plan runs out can I just put the PP sim out of my 5s into the SE and it will be on PP?
    Thanks for the help, been reading different things on various forums.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile PayGo, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jlpaul65 View Post
    My 1.5 year old Tracfone Iphone 5s that I purchased and activated on PagePlus just crashed yesterday and won’t even restore. I ordered a Verizon Prepaid Iphone SE off Verizon’s website yesterday with the $40 monthly plan. Can you please clarify what I need to do to get the new phone back on PP? Do I need to activate the new phone on Verizon then before the month plan runs out can I just put the PP sim out of my 5s into the SE and it will be on PP?
    I just tried to activate a verizon prepaid moto g (3g phone) on pageplus and they specifically told me they no longer activate ANY verizon prepaid phone on their network. IMEI is clear. I would return the verizon prepaid se honestly; verizon is such a bad company.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usera View Post
    I just tried to activate a verizon prepaid moto g (3g phone) on pageplus and they specifically told me they no longer activate ANY verizon prepaid phone on their network. IMEI is clear. I would return the verizon prepaid se honestly; verizon is such a bad company.
    You can't activate a Verizon Prepaid phone on Page Plus or any Verizon MVNO until it's been whitelisted for use on a Verizon MVNO (or Verizon Postpaid). The requirements depend on the phone. The Verizon Prepaid Moto G (and 3G phones) require 6 months of use on Verizon Prepaid. That's the official documented requirement, but some have reported getting it whitelisted after one month and others say it wasn't after using for 6 months.

Early LTE phones were whitelisted out of the box and then the requirement was changed to 1 month and now LTE phones list a value required e.g. must be used for 1 year or until $75 in payments are made.

I've read that the Verizon Prepaid iPhone SE requires $150 in payments on Verizon Prepaid.

I would recommend the Total Wireless or Straight Talk iPhone SE that should be able to be activated on Page Plus directly, based on other reports here.

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    I would just port my number to Verizon and enjoy the phone. How much cheaper is PP? Not enough to pay a ransom.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile PayGo, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    You can't activate a Verizon Prepaid phone on Page Plus or any Verizon MVNO until it's been whitelisted for use on a Verizon MVNO (or Verizon Postpaid). The requirements depend on the phone. The Verizon Prepaid Moto G (and 3G phones) require 6 months of use on Verizon Prepaid. That's the official documented requirement, but some have reported getting it whitelisted after one month and others say it wasn't after using for 6 months.

Early LTE phones were whitelisted out of the box and then the requirement was changed to 1 month and now LTE phones list a value required e.g. must be used for 1 year or until $75 in payments are made.

I've read that the Verizon Prepaid iPhone SE requires $150 in payments on Verizon Prepaid.

I would recommend the Total Wireless or Straight Talk iPhone SE that should be able to be activated on Page Plus directly, based on other reports here.
    NO. my phone is whitelisted and can be use on postpaid. Which is why I don't recommend buying any verizon prepaid phones if you goal is to use it on a mvno.

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by usera View Post
    NO. my phone is whitelisted and can be use on postpaid. Which is why I don't recommend buying any verizon prepaid phones if you goal is to use it on a mvno.
    If your phone is whitelisted it would pass PPC's check here: https://www.pagepluscellular.com/act...ew-activation/