Thread: Wierd Text Messages When Receiving Voicemails

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Wierd Text Messages When Receiving Voicemails

Hi,

I have recently started receiving the messages below whenever someone leaves me a vm message or if I delete a vm message:

//VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=7;c=1;t=v;s=12162527300;dt=27/03/2018 12:24 -0400;l=3;dev_t=5

I have an iPhone 6 plus.

I have called page plus customer support and they don't have a clue as to what is going on. They offered to reset my vm but said I would lose all my messages.

From the research I have done it looks like this has something to do with visual vm but Pageplus rep states that this feature is currently not available.

it is really weird because this is now the only notification I receive when I get a voice mail now is this weird text. I get no other pop notifications, red # on the voicemail icon, nothing. So i now rely on these text messages to know when i get a new vm message.

Anyone know how to fix this. I was fine with the normal vm notification.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yea, that is Verizon Visual Voice Mail. I had one of those texts when i first activated my Straight Talk J3 Sky, but since that I have not got one like that. So it must of fixed itself in my case.

Have you check if your iPhone app for VVM's? I am not sure what it is called since I don't have an iPhone.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yea, I was thinking it had something to do with visual VM. I thought the iPhone had built in visual vm support but haven't been able to figure out how to get it to work. I don't get a lot of VMs so the text messages are more of an annoyance than anything else. Thanks for your response.