Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GUDP vs. Feb UDP International Travel pushing me over

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

GUDP vs. Feb UDP International Travel pushing me over

I'm leaving for Europe this Friday and looks like the only way I can get travel pass is to switch to the February UDP plan. The most data I've used in the past 6 months appears to be 17GB but I've been protecting this rate plan forever and it is driving me nuts. Anybody switch that really regrets it? Am I missing anything? I will still have a secondary phone that will have GUDP so not all is lost....
    WERL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by werl View Post
    I'm leaving for Europe this Friday and looks like the only way I can get travel pass is to switch to the February UDP plan. The most data I've used in the past 6 months appears to be 17GB but I've been protecting this rate plan forever and it is driving me nuts. Anybody switch that really regrets it? Am I missing anything? I will still have a secondary phone that will have GUDP so not all is lost....
    No regrets using 50-100GB a month. Rarely if ever do I experience major slowdowns. Plus, don’t they apply the same prioritization rules to GUDP now even if they aren’t saying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Android(Thundetbolt)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I switched when the plan came out and could care less about gudp now.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I see you’re in the Chicago market. That’s one of Verizon’s top markets. If you ever do go above the 22GB deprioritization threshold, you’ll barely notice it!
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No regrets about giving up my gUDP.

Feedback Score
    I will never give up my GUDPs 🏻🏻

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quewhatts View Post
    I will never give up my GUDPs 🏻🏻
    I mean at this point why even bother...they are prob treating it the same as beyond Unlimited and just not telling you. FCC doesn’t care either...Verizon’s man is running the ship.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fgpalm View Post
    I mean at this point why even bother...they are prob treating it the same as beyond Unlimited and just not telling you. FCC doesn’t care either...Verizon’s man is running the ship.

No slowdown whatsoever in speed/usage and you can’t beat truly unlimited high speed data/hotspot for only $45 per line 🤣🤣

Feedback Score

GUDP vs. Feb UDP International Travel pushing me over

No slowdown whatsoever in speed/usage and you can’t beat truly unlimited high speed data/hotspot for only $45 per line 🤣🤣
    Now the hotspot is a GREAT reason to keep that plan. But as far as no slowdowns… In some markets I’m not sure you would notice if they were slowing you down.

Last edited by fgpalm; 03-28-2018 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Typo

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    No slowdown whatsoever in speed/usage and you can’t beat truly unlimited high speed data/hotspot for only $45 per line ����
    I know, no worry of being "deprioritized."

Feedback Score
    Now the hotspot is a GREAT reason to keep that plan. But as far as no slowdowns… In some markets I’m not sure you would notice if they were slowing you down.

No worries of being in any market and potentially experiencing any slowdown 🏻🏻

Feedback Score
    No worries of being in any market and potentially experiencing any slowdown 🏻🏻
    Well until all the new Unlimited plans cause saturation on more and more cell sites, then you will be slow just by the fact that there isn’t any capacity left.

Feedback Score
    Well until all the new Unlimited plans cause saturation on more and more cell sites, then you will be slow just by the fact that there isn’t any capacity left.

You don’t say 🤣🤣

Device(s)
    LG G6 (Carrier Unlocked)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm at 30GB with 6 days left for my month and I don't notice a slowdown.
    Right now I'm seeing 132Mbps down and 7.3Mbps up.
    I gave up my gUDP last Oct when I was going to see the increase of $20/line.
    Now I get tethering on all lines.

Glad I switched. No regrets.
    Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. -- Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    I'm at 30GB with 6 days left for my month and I don't notice a slowdown.
    Right now I'm seeing 132Mbps down and 7.3Mbps up.
    I gave up my gUDP last Oct when I was going to see the increase of $20/line.
    Now I get tethering on all lines.

Glad I switched. No regrets.
    There’s unlimited high speed tethering on all GUDP including using them in a hotspot which we utilize all the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast