Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Verizon unlimited senior plan

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I live in Michigan and stopped into my local corporate Verizon store to look into an insurance matter. The sales person told me that she could offer me a promotion that was an unlimited 55+ plan that was cheaper than what I was paying. Not sure how I could have found out about this other than by going into the store but I did sign up for it. On the web site when I check my plan, it is called a "Go Unlimited 55+ Loyalty" plan. AFAIK there is no 55+ plan for Michigan so I guess I got it because I am a long-time customer. So if you have been with Verizon for a long time, check your local store although, as always, YMMV.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Despite the Verizon website saying the plan is only available FL/IL/MS, I’ve been able to switch several customers to this plan in NJ via the offers section in OMNI, and I’ve even had a friend switch through her online account via “my offers.”
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrizz96 View Post
    Despite the Verizon website saying the plan is only available FL/IL/MS, I’ve been able to switch several customers to this plan in NJ via the offers section in OMNI, and I’ve even had a friend switch through her online account via “my offers.”
    Yes you can do that IF someone knows to ask for it. many outside those 3 states won't and also and new customers not in those 3 states certainly wouldn't and probably can't get it. My mother is 71 and has been with Verizon for 12 years and hasn't gotten this offer,

Feedback Score
    Any difference in service?

Feedback Score

Verizon unlimited senior plan

It's the go unlimited plan. I tried this plan for a week and went back to beyond unlimited. Everything was great until i got a taste of deprioritization. Couldn't even log into websites, would get time outs. Try again several times then everything is normal again. Tried to download an app, got 72 kbps, 4 hours remaining. Switched back to beyond unlimited online and the downloads finished in about 4 seconds. In my opinion the go unlimited plan (Senior plan) is less than worthless if you are in an area with other data users.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davemica View Post
    It's the go unlimited plan. I tried this plan for a week and went back to beyond unlimited. Everything was great until i got a taste of deprioritization. Couldn't even log into websites, would get time outs. Try again several times then everything is normal again. Tried to download an app, got 72 kbps, 4 hours remaining. Switched back to beyond unlimited online and the downloads finished in about 4 seconds. In my opinion the go unlimited plan (Senior plan) is less than worthless if you are in an area with other data users.
    Wow. I never even see anything like that on Verizon prepaid. I'll see 130mbps downloads and can even stream UHD video from home at 60+ Mbps bitrates.
    The on!y time I will see any throttling is when using a popular video app like Netflix. And there are only two locations I see any slowdowns in speed. But then all post paid and prepaid people also see slowdowns in the same two spots.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Could it be because he is an area of constant "congestion" which means throttling always for Go?
    "There is never a need to bash people with disabilities, or racial groups, or ethnic groups, or engage in any other sort of bigoted attacks in Howard Forums. Refrain from doing so not just to keep moderators happy, but in order to be a decent human being."

Feedback Score
    Just logged in to my account and looked at My Offers. 55+ plus plan for $65/mo, unlimited everything. I'm in Georgia. No mention of what it might be with two phones. My wife is the only one on Verizon, been with them for 20 years at least. She has the unlimited T&T w/5gb, that's unlimitrd for her, she never uses over 1 gb/mo. But if I could add my phone to it for just a little bit more I would go for it. Would a chat rep know or do I need to go to a corporate store?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My experience has been that the local corporate store has better information than phone reps.

Feedback Score
    The chat agent said her resources say 2 phones in the 55+ plan would be $80 plus T&F

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    Just logged in to my account and looked at My Offers. 55+ plus plan for $65/mo, unlimited everything. I'm in Georgia. No mention of what it might be with two phones. My wife is the only one on Verizon, been with them for 20 years at least. She has the unlimited T&T w/5gb, that's unlimitrd for her, she never uses over 1 gb/mo. But if I could add my phone to it for just a little bit more I would go for it. Would a chat rep know or do I need to go to a corporate store?
    It would be $60 if you did autopay/paperless 2 lines is $80 or $90 without autopay/paperless

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    Could it be because he is an area of constant "congestion" which means throttling always for Go?
    Really area dependent. We've had Go since August 2017 and don't really notice a difference than the fUPD plan we had the previous 6 months. We have 3 lines so I guess 1 will have to be dumped. Not going to do that until I'm 100% sure we can get the 55+ plan

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Because of davemica's experience, my new unlimited plan is now in effect and so I checked speeds today - 101 Megabits down and 44 up. So that seems to be the same as usual. Now maybe they will throttle me at some point. We will see about that but, for now, all seems fine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4