Thread: Landline question!!

Feedback Score

Landline question!!

I知 sure this is gonna sound funny and somewhat odd, but I知 a newby in terms of home phone communication. I am wondering if there is some way to setup a home phone without a landline. The reason being, is there a way to setup the home phone with the same number as the cell phone? And lastly, (this is the best part), I want the home phone to look something like what a hotel room phone would look like. I hope there is some way to do what I知 asking, thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    https://shop.straighttalk.com/shop/e...alk/homephones

You will probably have to enter your zip code

Nice thing about this is you can take it with you if you travel

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Would a "Link to Cell" cordless phone system work for you? My mom has been successfully using one with her Total Wireless Samsung flip phone for years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestokelly View Post
    I知 sure this is gonna sound funny and somewhat odd, but I知 a newby in terms of home phone communication. I am wondering if there is some way to setup a home phone without a landline. The reason being, is there a way to setup the home phone with the same number as the cell phone? And lastly, (this is the best part), I want the home phone to look something like what a hotel room phone would look like. I hope there is some way to do what I知 asking, thanks in advance!
    Do you have high-speed Internet, like cable, FIOS, etc.? If so, you could use an Obitalk Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA) and use any analog phone you want. This is how home phone service from cable companies work - with an ATA. The cable companies don't use an Obitalk, but it is the same type of device. Ooma and MagicJack are the same sort of thing.

As far as a home phone and cell phone having the same number, generally, no that is not possible. You can setup the Obi with a Google Voice number and use Google Voice on the cell phone to effectively have the same number. I do this. It works well.

FWIW, hotel phones typically are not analog any more. They are VOIP phones connected to the hotel phone switch.

There are a few systems that use cell signal to provide landline-like home phone service.