Thread: TMobile pegged for quiet q1

Feedback Score

TMobile pegged for quiet q1

Saw this posted on Reddit figured I'd share it here. https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...d-for-quiet-q1

To be fair though TMobile has said on their own they fully expected growth to slow. They have fully admitted to being more in a profits over growth phase rather than a growth over everything else phase. I'd imagine most of the growth you will see from the big 3 carriers will be internal growth (people adding lines). With all 3 carriers similarly structured in price the benefits of changing carriers now is minimal.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I would be super surprised if they had a million adds for the q. My guess is maybe a million or possibly 2 for the year unless they have some different promotions coming out

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I would be super surprised if they had a million adds for the q. My guess is maybe a million or possibly 2 for the year unless they have some different promotions coming out
    To be honest, I think they are still hoping on a Sprint merger as well. You have Neville still talking about network synergies if the 2 companies combined and just 2 weeks ago Braxton Carter mentioned that if the companies merged it's growth trajectory would be on steriods, and that the prize is still there for the taking if the companies can work out a deal. I personally think TMobile still really wants a Sprint merger deal.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    To be honest, I think they are still hoping on a Sprint merger as well. You have Neville still talking about network synergies if the 2 companies combined and just 2 weeks ago Braxton Carter mentioned that if the companies merged it's growth trajectory would be on steriods, and that the prize is still there for the taking if the companies can work out a deal. I personally think TMobile still really wants a Sprint merger deal.
    They probably do. I wonder if sprint would agree to tmobile running the show.
    Seemed like that was a sticking point for a deal before

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Considering that T-Mobile's network is having a hard time keeping up with demand in some larger cities, it might not be a bad thing for them to cool it, at least until they can start to bring 600 MHz online in those markets.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Considering that T-Mobile's network is having a hard time keeping up with demand in some larger cities, it might not be a bad thing for them to cool it, at least until they can start to bring 600 MHz online in those markets.
    Yes, 100% agree

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Yeah... All there moves as of late screams play it safe and grow responsibly.

At least I did get to see and be a part of the fast and loose days when uncarrier was just getting started.

This year will be interesting to see progress.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Seems like none of the carriers are being very aggressive (except Sprint but they almost don’t count). If there is a real “super cycle” with a groundbreaking phone release, that could change. But it doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen anytime soon.