Thread: Send in phone for Switcher Offer

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Send in phone for Switcher Offer

I assume I'll be getting my final Tmobile bill any day now (owed $270 on phone). If I go the route of using the switcher offer from AT&T, do you actually send your phone into them or take it to a store?

If you send it in, I could see it getting lost in the mail. Anyone had trouble with that? I'd feel better about doing it in a store. Anyone know if you can? I'm not crazy about the idea of sending my phone in and potentially getting lost and a card coming in 4 weeks later, but this may be my best route to go as I got my screen replaced on that phone. It just doesn't work right all the time. I wouldn't want to sell that to an individual.

Thanks!

Feedback Score

Send in phone for Switcher Offer

AT&T discontinued the switcher offer on March 31.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE_A View Post
    AT&T discontinued the switcher offer on March 31.
    I'll have to contact them. I ported two lines from T-Mo to AT&T March 29th. Wonder if they would let me do it.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If you do wind up sending it in, be sure to use certified delivery with a signed return receipt. Well worth a few extra bucks.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Tracking and insurance are your friend and are pennies on the dollar. Good luck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick22 View Post
    I'll have to contact them. I ported two lines from T-Mo to AT&T March 29th. Wonder if they would let me do it.
    As long as you did the port in by March 31st and financed a phone on Next through AT&T, you qualify. The trade in phone is supposed to be the one you financed through TMobile and it must be worth more than $5 in actual trade in value. You can do the trade in online and they mail you a bubble envelope and a label but I would put the label on a box and pack it well.

The trade in must be done within 30 days of the port in and the final bill showing the amount owed on the phone must be submitted within 60 days of the port in.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC42 View Post
    If you do wind up sending it in, be sure to use certified delivery with a signed return receipt. Well worth a few extra bucks.
    No, you have to use the label they send to you or it won't get credited properly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobileuser1234 View Post
    Tracking and insurance are your friend and are pennies on the dollar. Good luck
    No you can't add insurance to a prepaid label and the prepaid label they send to you has a tracking number on it.

Device(s)
    v3xx
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    No you can't add insurance to a prepaid label and the prepaid label they send to you has a tracking number on it.
    So...if you can't add insurance what's one to do if his/her phone gets lost? See this seems pretty risky to me.

I wish they would have it set up to let one do this in store as well.

Edit: so I got the details. You can go to a store to trade it in, they will give you exactly what your phone is worth and that can go towards your bill (not sure if products in the store). If more is needed to cover your payoff on an old device, go online and fill out paperwork, and they will mail you a Visa card for the remainder.

*Should I wait and pay off the phone to T-mobile before trading my phone in to the AT&T store? That might be mandatory -- not sure, forgot to ask. I haven't received my final bill yet from T-mo.
    Last edited by maverick22; 04-04-2018 at 09:48 AM.