Thread: Possible to sell VZ GUDP still?

Feedback Score

Possible to sell VZ GUDP still?

Does anyone know if it is still possible to sell a VZ GUDP and have it AOL'd?

Details?

Thank you.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think it has to be a business account to do an AOL. (On the receiving side) someone correct me if I’m wrong.
    Alex
    Teamsters Local 399
    "American by birth, teamster by the grace of God"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
    Does anyone know if it is still possible to sell a VZ GUDP and have it AOL'd?

Details?

Thank you.
    did you not recently buy an account from Taccomdata

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    did you not recently buy an account from Taccomdata
    Nope, that's not me. I've had this plan since Jan. 2012, and my husband has one too. But it's too expensive, and we don't need that much data. I should have sold them long ago, but was always flummoxed about how to make it work---and not lose my cell #.

I think you're probably right, Alex. The people who sell them on ebay do it as a business and surely have business accounts. But they don't require that from the buyer. That's a different route, however. Not sure of the details, but too involved for me.

Feedback Score
    Nope, that's not me. I've had this plan since Jan. 2012, and my husband has one too. But it's too expensive, and we don't need that much data. I should have sold them long ago, but was always flummoxed about how to make it work---and not lose my cell #.

I think you're probably right, Alex. The people who sell them on ebay do it as a business and surely have business accounts. But they don't require that from the buyer. That's a different route, however. Not sure of the details, but too involved for me.
    I actually meant astrand1. it seems astarand1 bought an account recently. sorry about it

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ahg View Post
    I actually meant astrand1. it seems astarand1 bought an account recently. sorry about it
    Yes I did. But I did not do an AOL as the OP is asking about specifically.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Ahh. And yeah trying to keep your number but sell the line that does get a bit more tricky. There used to be away to do it where you would port your number out to like google voice or something and then within a certain time period you would request a new number from Verizon on that same line and that would allow you to both keep your number and also the line. If you search that here I’m sure you will find out how to do it. It is however a pain in the you know what and I’ve not looked lately at eBay to see what the old plans are going for. Not sure it’s worth the trouble anymore. But who knows.

Feedback Score

A consumer to consumer AOL doesn't work any longer. A consumer to business AOL could work but in order for it to work, the CLEU customer would have to have the gUDP feature code in their ECPD. And if they do have the gUDP feature code in their ECPD, then they wouldn't need to buy one since they could just add them free of charge.

If your lines are off contract, I would try to switch to the February UDP via a chat, which is The New Verizon Plan Unlimited, plan code 98127. 2 lines would be $140 after the autopay discount as long as you have paperless billing too. Or if you can get by with 8GB shared between you both and safety mode enabled, the 8GB plan for 2 lines would be $110/mo and employer discounts apply to the $70 data plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VerizonNoMore View Post
    A consumer to consumer AOL doesn't work any longer. A consumer to business AOL could work but in order for it to work, the CLEU customer would have to have the gUDP feature code in their ECPD. And if they do have the gUDP feature code in their ECPD, then they wouldn't need to buy one since they could just add them free of charge.

If your lines are off contract, I would try to switch to the February UDP via a chat, which is The New Verizon Plan Unlimited, plan code 98127. 2 lines would be $140 after the autopay discount as long as you have paperless billing too. Or if you can get by with 8GB shared between you both and safety mode enabled, the 8GB plan for 2 lines would be $110/mo and employer discounts apply to the $70 data plan.
    What's a CLEU customer? I gather a business customer, right?

And what's an ECPD code?

Can it only be done from business to business? (I'm guessing).

I do have a business, but these aren't business plans.

I was trying to see if someone who sells the plans would buy them for me for a lot less than they sell them for. But the ebay guys who sell them (only a few now) don't allow me to contact them without buying one.

I figured that the business guys could clone their own plans. If so, they would have no need to buy one, as you say.

Is there anyway to do it now that isn't a big pain?

I really should have gotten off these plans ages ago---too expensive, and we don't need that much data.

On top of that, I got a new phone totally out of pocket from Apple; it's unlocked and I never told Apple about VZW. But when I tried to see about switching to Boom Red (VZ MNVO), they said I couldn't, because VZ blocked it, saying it was "a VZ retail device!!" And when I looked, they had the same block on my account last year with my old phone which was from January 2012!! WTH?? (I know this is a totally different
    topic that I have in a previous thread. WTH VZ??

Feedback Score
    What's a CLEU customer? I gather a business customer, right?

And what's an ECPD code?
    CLEU = corporate liable end user

ECPD = enterprise customer profile database

Can it only be done from business to business? (I'm guessing).
    No, like I said it can be done consumer to CLEU but the CLEU would need the gUDP feature code in their ECPD and in that case, they wouldn't need to pay for a line they could just add one for free.

I was trying to see if someone who sells the plans would buy them for me for a lot less than they sell them for.
    Like I said, they would never buy one from you because if they are selling them then they are CLEUs with the gUDP feature codes in their ECPD and so they can just add them to their accounts for free. They don't need to buy them.

If your gUDP line is in an account in your name, it no longer is worth anything. The only accounts that could accept it without stripping the gUDP can just add gUDP lines to their account without having to pay anything.

You waited too long. Your gUDP line is not worth anything since it is in a consumer account.

Feedback Score
    I really should have gotten off these plans ages ago-
    Correct, you should have if you don't need them. It's too late now to make any money off of them for the reasons I explained.

Feedback Score
    On top of that, I got a new phone totally out of pocket from Apple; it's unlocked and I never told Apple about VZW. But when I tried to see about switching to Boom Red (VZ MNVO), they said I couldn't, because VZ blocked it, saying it was "a VZ retail device!!" And when I looked, they had the same block on my account last year with my old phone which was from January 2012!! WTH?? (I know this is a totally different
    topic that I have in a previous thread. WTH VZ??
    If the device is currently active on a Verizon postpaid line, you can't use it's IMEI to activate a SIM card on a Verizon MVNO. So put your Verizon postpaid SIM in a different device and then port your number to Boom using the iPhone IMEI if that is what you want to do.

Do you have any back up phones? Just stick your SIM in one of those and then you can port your number to Boom using your iPhone IMEI.

What thread are you talking about?

Feedback Score
    VerizonNoMore,

Thank you for the explanations! I was afraid that was the case. Sigh. And on top of it all, I just missed my new cycle date (started today), so I can't leave for a month without losing the cost of the month.

I do have old phones, but VERY old, like an old Blackberry. But maybe I could switch it into my husband's phone temporarily. Thank you, that's the only idea I've been given, other than to switch to a different carrier for a month or two.

The thread is under US Prepaid General.

Thank you, again, this was very helpful. I wish I'd sold them long ago, but I didn't.