Thread: Android apps

Feedback Score

Android apps

With my current Cricket plan, I have a couple of apps that support it. MyCricket lets me access my account to check usage and do some other things. Then there's the Cricket Visual Voicemail app that is a good way to read or listen to voicemails even though the transcription is sometimes really funny on a call with a bad connection.

Anyway, when I switch to AT&T Prepaid shortly are there any equivalent apps? I see a number of AT&T apps on the Google Store but am not sure which ones apply to the prepaid phone plan and can't remember what I used to use back when I was on GoPhone.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    No... At least not that I've found.

Account checking is easy, it only requires going to a web page and logging in with phone number and pin, I just made a shortcut to it.

Visual Voicemail is not supported.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk
    - If ignorance is bliss, why are there not more happy people in the world?

Current Personal Phone: Moto G5 Plus (AT&T PrePaid)

Other phones "in the family": Huawei Honor 7x (AT&T), Axon 7 Mini (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (VZW), HTC 10 (VZW)

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, Moto Z2 Force, Blackberry Z10
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Visual Voicemail is supported and you can download the AT&T Visual Voicemail app from the Play Store.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    Visual Voicemail is supported and you can download the AT&T Visual Voicemail app from the Play Store.
    I was wrong and stand corrected... just installed the app and it activated and seems to be working fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    I don't see that on the Google app store. What is its name as it appears on the store? There is a "AT&T Voicemail Viewer" that says it's only good for landlines and not mobiles. Since apps can be specifically targeted for a device, I'm wondering if it won't show up until I actually get my service (probably later today). I'll also be using a BYO phone (Google Pixel 2).

Feedback Score
    The AT&T Prepaid Visual Voicemail app is basically the same as the Cricket app, it's just GoPhone orange-themed instead of Cricket green. Transcription never works in the AT&T app but then again it never worked for me with Cricket either.

There is an AT&T account management app but it redirects AT&T Prepaid account logins to the AT&T Prepaid website so, like acejavelin said, just make a shortcut to the website on your screen.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T PrePaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rochrunner View Post
    I don't see that on the Google app store. What is its name as it appears on the store? There is a "AT&T Voicemail Viewer" that says it's only good for landlines and not mobiles. Since apps can be specifically targeted for a device, I'm wondering if it won't show up until I actually get my service (probably later today). I'll also be using a BYO phone (Google Pixel 2).
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.vvm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.vvm

That's really weird because when I do that specific search from my phone it doesn't show up. Again, apps do define things like the lowest and highest Android version that they support. I'm running the latest Android 8.1 and maybe the app hasn't been updated to that level.

Feedback Score
    I was right: as soon as I switched to the AT&T plan, the Visual Voicemail app became available. But on my first try, it gave an error during setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rochrunner View Post
    I was right: as soon as I switched to the AT&T plan, the Visual Voicemail app became available. But on my first try, it gave an error during setup.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Working now.