Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: WiFi calling with Google Voice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by labjr View Post
    If you're lucky that's the only problem you'll have. But I wouldn't count on it.

I've had similar experiences. Maybe the app is getting hung up on older phones and thinks you're still in a call when you try to make another call. Doesn't happen all the time. I usually wait 15-20 seconds before making another call.
    I can try that.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arxaw View Post
    Is the general rollout of wifi calling dependent on what device you're using?
    I tried to join the beta but never got added; and I still haven't gotten wi-fi calling added to my app.
    Just wondering if getting the update is device-dependent...
    My phone is a OnePlus 5 running Android Pie/9.
    I don't think so. When I first got the Wi-Fi calling, it was on my S7 Edge, which still has Nougat.

Sent from my SM-T713 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up All Google Voice accounts have been converted to support WiFi calling.

All GV accounts have now been converted. Check your GV app and you should see "Make and receive calls" under Calls in Settings.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    All GV accounts have now been converted. Check your GV app and you should see "Make and receive calls" under Calls in Settings.
    It's a miracle! Well, probably not, but my test account now has VoIP enabled in the GV app!

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's a miracle! Well, probably not, but my test account now has VoIP enabled in the GV app!
    Cool. I know you will, but please post your results after testing.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    And...the first incoming call test resulted in no ring and a missed call notification!

That's a GREAT start! NOT!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    And...the first incoming call test resulted in no ring and a missed call notification!

That's a GREAT start! NOT!
    I'm glad someone else is having the problem for a change. My phone has been ringing the past couple days. Knock on wood!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Well, this is INCREDIBLY frustrating! Once I received the option and enabled "Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data" under "Make and receive calls" in the GV app, I'm unable to use the Hangouts app because it keeps crashing! I do NOT use the test GV #/account I'm using for the GV app in Hangouts!

So, even though I went to the trouble to keep my primary GV #s separate from the GV app by setting up a new GV #/account just for the GV app, I'm unable to use the GV app now that I've received the GV app VoIP feature on my primary phone because it somehow interferes with Hangouts!

Not to uninstall the GV app and hope that Hangouts starts working again.

Until I received the GV app VoIP feature, Hangouts NEVER crashed!

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Strange. I've tried setting GV to use VoIP on 2 Androids, 1 iOS cell phone, and 1 (WiFi only) iPad Air 2. For me anyway, Hangouts continues to work as expected on all devices.

I don't doubt your experience but just remember the old adage, "correlation does not imply causation." If the problem persists I would try uninstalling and reinstalling both the GV app and Hangouts.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Well, this is INCREDIBLY frustrating! Once I received the option and enabled "Prefer Wi-Fi and mobile data" under "Make and receive calls" in the GV app, I'm unable to use the Hangouts app because it keeps crashing! I do NOT use the test GV #/account I'm using for the GV app in Hangouts!

So, even though I went to the trouble to keep my primary GV #s separate from the GV app by setting up a new GV #/account just for the GV app, I'm unable to use the GV app now that I've received the GV app VoIP feature on my primary phone because it somehow interferes with Hangouts!

Not to uninstall the GV app and hope that Hangouts starts working again.

I didn't uninstall the GV app, but I DID delete the new/test Google Account from my phone, and now Hangouts is working properly again. I don't understand how Google could screw this up so badly!

I'm going to install and try the GV app on another device I use with Hangouts to see if the same thing happens.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Strange. I've tried setting GV to use VoIP on 2 Androids, 1 iOS cell phone, and 1 (WiFi only) iPad Air 2. For me anyway, Hangouts continues to work as expected on all devices.

I don't doubt your experience but just remember the old adage, "correlation does not imply causation." If the problem persists I would try uninstalling and reinstalling both the GV app and Hangouts.
    Thanks for mentioning that what I described doesn't happen on your devices. I'll do as you suggest for the offending device.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for mentioning that what I described doesn't happen on your devices. I'll do as you suggest for the offending device.
    Also, you said on DSL that Hangouts was not connected to your GV test account. But both apps are on the same device. Correct?

I would think a proper test would have both the GV app and Hangouts configured to use the same GV test account.

Feedback Score
    I was about to say BS but now I have it. Must have gotten it today the very last day as I didn't have it yesterday.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Feedback Score
    Yep, same here. I can dial out on all of my GV accounts using 2 different Android phones using WiFi on GV or Hangouts. No problems with any crashing.

Btw, @Boz1 ... If you decide to uninstall/reinstall, make sure to wipe cache & data before deleting, then reboot before reinstalling to make sure there is no gremlins left behind

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    I was about to say BS but now I have it. Must have gotten it today the very last day as I didn't have it yesterday.
    It was within an hour or 2 of that post. I checked earlier today and it wasn't there.

Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast