Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Results 811 to 821 of 821

Thread: Beta: WiFi calling with Google Voice

  1. #811
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,233
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yeah, the GV app/system VoIP issues are very unpredictable.

    At the moment all three of my phones are ringing when I call my GV #, and the ringback tone is also working.

    Two of my phones have GV app version 2019.07.232051384, and one has 2019.03.227873883.

  2. #812
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    7,442
    Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    Is it a settings issue or bug ?
    Just a bug. Different people are seeing different results.

  3. #813
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    95
    Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks for your reply. My GV app version is 2019.07.232051384 with auto update turned on.

    I am finding weird issue now. WiFi enabled GV was working fine before the last week or so. But now, when someone calls, the phone does not ring, instead immediately after 10-15 sec, I get a missed call/voicemail notification.

    I turned off Handout incoming call. If I call my GV numbers it says GV subscriber is not available and going to VM.

    I am wondering , whether my GV is working or not How do I make sure incoming calls are comming via GV or Hangout?

    Thanks for guidance.

  4. #814
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,233
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    Thanks for your reply. My GV app version is 2019.07.232051384 with auto update turned on.

    I am finding weird issue now. WiFi enabled GV was working fine before the last week or so. But now, when someone calls, the phone does not ring, instead immediately after 10-15 sec, I get a missed call/voicemail notification.

    I turned off Handout incoming call. If I call my GV numbers it says GV subscriber is not available and going to VM.

    I am wondering , whether my GV is working or not How do I make sure incoming calls are comming via GV or Hangout?

    Thanks for guidance.
    If you're using GV as your primary phone #, you might want to go back to using Hangouts until the GV app/system is "ready for prime time". This is why I'm still using Hangouts for my primary GV #s, because it works well and it works reliably. I got a new GV # for a test # for my GV app/system testing.

  5. #815
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    95
    Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks again. I did disconnect hangout link from GV settings. How do I make Hangouts primary now?

  6. #816
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,233
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post
    Thanks again. I did disconnect hangout link from GV settings. How do I make Hangouts primary now?
    For texting and voicemail:
    1.Go to hangouts.google.com or open Hangouts in Gmail.
    2.Open settings:
    •On hangouts.google.com: Click Menu Menu and then Settings.
    •On Gmail: At the top of your Hangouts list, click the Down Arrow.
    3.Under the "Google Voice" section, check Receive SMS and voicemail in Hangouts. To turn off, uncheck the box.

    For re-setting up VoIP calls to use Hangouts, I'm not 100% sure, since I have kept my primary GV #s using Hangouts separate from the new GV # I'm using to test the new VoIP GV app/system. So hopefully someone will correct me if this isn't right. 1) Remove all devices that you're using from the settings in the GV app. 2) Set the GV app to "Use carrier only" under "Make and receive calls". 3) Re-set up the Hangouts app on your phone to make and receive calls.

  7. #817
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,233
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yeah, the GV app/system VoIP issues are very unpredictable.

    At the moment all three of my phones are ringing when I call my GV #, and the ringback tone is also working.

    Two of my phones have GV app version 2019.07.232051384, and one has 2019.03.227873883.
    I added my LG G Pad F 8.0 V495 to the "My devices" list in GV. It is also successfully rings along with the rest of the devices in the "My devices" list.

    But today, the GV app ringing has been hit or miss on all 4 of my devices. The missed call notification as been consistent, though!

    As I already said, and as most of you already know, the new GV app/system VoIP is NOT "ready for prime time"!

  8. #818
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,233
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I added my LG G Pad F 8.0 V495 to the "My devices" list in GV. It is also successfully rings along with the rest of the devices in the "My devices" list.

    But today, the GV app ringing has been hit or miss on all 4 of my devices. The missed call notification as been consistent, though!

    As I already said, and as most of you already know, the new GV app/system VoIP is NOT "ready for prime time"!
    And now the GV app is back to ringing every time on all 4 devices!

  9. #819
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ve been using GV and Hangouts for years and find them very useful.

    With GV, I especially like getting transcribed voicemails sent to my email address.

    With Hangouts, I’ve used it often to make free Wi-Fi calls to the USA when traveling abroad.

    But I’ve been hesitant to recommend the apps to friends and family because it can be hard to explain how they work, and they can be confusing to use.

    One confusing thing about GV is that not all settings are included in the app.

    Some settings can only be accessed on the GV web site.

    And the settings on the web site are divided into two groups.

    Some settings are on the “Legacy” GV pages.

    Some settings are on the ‘New” GV pages.

    I was hoping the new Wi-Fi version of GV might include all settings in the app, but it does not.

    Over the years I’ve read comments about how GV is a great service, but is not as popular as it deserves to be because it’s not user friendly.

    If Google charged a subscription fee for GV, maybe it would have been made easier to use.

    But since Google gets little revenue from it (the only revenue is international calling payments), there’s not much incentive for Google to invest effort into it.

    But I’m grateful to Google for adding Wi-Fi to the app.

  10. #820
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    7,442
    Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm not sure that there's anything missing for the primary use cases now.

    That being calling/texting with the GV app and redirecting to linked phones.

    Advanced stuff needs the web (like forwarding to different numbers based in time), but the main stuff is in the app.

  11. #821
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    2,860
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Google makes plenty of revenue from our data. I think the UI interface is a bit of an after thought to them so long as the main product (the end user) is able to be monetized successfully.

    But you're right, settings all fragmented all over the place. Which settings have you found to be present in the app only? I'd say the app/new website mirror on another quite well.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Similar Threads

  1. Requesting help....... trying to make an outgoing phone call with Google voice
    By True Colors in forum General Mobile Questions and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM
  2. Unlimited Free Calling with Google Voice on the Intercept
    By Churner in forum Virgin Mobile USA
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 06:41 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 11:59 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 10:47 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-26-2010, 05:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks