Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1041

Thread: Beta: WiFi calling with Google Voice

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    You can read the message and scroll down to see a list of canned responses like ok, yes, no, etc and send those straight from the watch.
    So even though there is no GV on the watch, you still get notifications ? But you cant read texts that are not in the notifications?

Feedback Score
    Right, all app notifications you enable in the watch app on the phone will push through to the watch.

For blink alarm notification I even get the preview picture of the camera clip in the watch.

Notifications on Samsung watches work really well.

Feedback Score
    I have recently been having some problems with hanging up calls.

I please a call and then I open a different app to check something else, and then I cannot come back to the call screen to be able to hang up.
    Last edited by MVNO!!!; 09-11-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody know if the following issues have been fixed in more recent versions of the Google Voice app? Has anybody tried the 11/19/19 update?

1) In the Android GV app, when searching contacts, ALL numbers with a custom name are listed with "Other" next to the number, which doesn't work well for my usage. With the Hangouts app, when searching contacts, ALL numbers with a custom name are listed with THAT CUSTOM NAME next to the number, which is how it SHOULD be in the GV app, too. As another data point, when searching contacts, the TextNow app ALSO lists numbers with a custom name with the custom name next to the number.

2) On any of the three phones and 1 tablet I've tested the GV app with, when I click on a phone number on a web page, or from within any other app, including the Simplenote app, I am presented with multiple apps on my phone that can place a phone call, including Phone, Hangouts, Viber, and TextNow. The option to place the call with the GV app is MISSING! There is NO WAY to initiate a call as described above using the Android GV app! This is a very serious issue for me.

3) When any of my devices are set to silent, when a call comes into the GV # that I have set up in the GV app, the screen remains dark, and there's no indication of a call coming in. If a call comes into either of my GV #s that are set up in Hangouts on a device set to silent, the screen immediately lights up, and Hangouts can be answered. As an extra data point, even TextNow works correctly, the same as Hangouts, when a call comes in to a device that is set to silent.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I've given up on worrying about problems with GV. Every time they fix one issues with an update, they create three more. Still doesn't ring half the time.

I wish I could tell who just called when I miss a call. But it doesn't let you see until after they leave a message. Why not show both, a missed call and a message?

Feedback Score
    Well, maybe I'll try to update Google Voice app on my phone in the next couple of days to see if there have been any improvements to the items on my list above.

In the meantime, I'll keep using Hangouts, which has been working great as my voice and messaging since March, 2017.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Does anybody know if the following issues have been fixed in more recent versions of the Google Voice app? Has anybody tried the 11/19/19 update?

1) In the Android GV app, when searching contacts, ALL numbers with a custom name are listed with "Other" next to the number, which doesn't work well for my usage. With the Hangouts app, when searching contacts, ALL numbers with a custom name are listed with THAT CUSTOM NAME next to the number, which is how it SHOULD be in the GV app, too. As another data point, when searching contacts, the TextNow app ALSO lists numbers with a custom name with the custom name next to the number.

2) On any of the three phones and 1 tablet I've tested the GV app with, when I click on a phone number on a web page, or from within any other app, including the Simplenote app, I am presented with multiple apps on my phone that can place a phone call, including Phone, Hangouts, Viber, and TextNow. The option to place the call with the GV app is MISSING! There is NO WAY to initiate a call as described above using the Android GV app! This is a very serious issue for me.

3) When any of my devices are set to silent, when a call comes into the GV # that I have set up in the GV app, the screen remains dark, and there's no indication of a call coming in. If a call comes into either of my GV #s that are set up in Hangouts on a device set to silent, the screen immediately lights up, and Hangouts can be answered. As an extra data point, even TextNow works correctly, the same as Hangouts, when a call comes in to a device that is set to silent.
    Answer to 1 and 2 is no.

1) I still see just other. The phone app shows that label but not the GV app
    2) On my phone, when I click on phone number, it goes straight to Phone app as I do not have other apps set up.
    3) I don't know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    Answer to 1 and 2 is no.

1) I still see just other. The phone app shows that label but not the GV app
    2) On my phone, when I click on phone number, it goes straight to Phone app as I do not have other apps set up.
    3) I don't know.
    Great. So...I wonder what Google has actually been working on for the last 18 months!? Sigh...

Feedback Score
    There are improvements(?) or changes(?) to the gui. There are four icons - phone, contacts, message and voicemail - at the bottom. The contacts tab look different from the phone app though. The label appears as just other in the contacts list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindolam View Post
    There are improvements(?) or changes(?) to the gui. There are four icons - phone, contacts, message and voicemail - at the bottom. The contacts tab look different from the phone app though. The label appears as just other in the contacts list.
    Thanks. I just don't understand why Google can't/won't fix Google Voice to show the contacts phone # custom labels. Hangouts does it. TextNow does it. But NOT Google Voice!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Thanks. I just don't understand why Google can't/won't fix Google Voice to show the contacts phone # custom labels. Hangouts does it. TextNow does it. But NOT Google Voice!
    Not worth stressing over.

They never fix everything for the same reason free email sucks. Because it's free. My bank accounts were broken into because of Yahoo's poor security.

I'm getting tired of Android phones too. Apps don't run well on anything older than 2-3 yrs.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    My guess (I haven't looked close at the API) is they are just not looking at the correct field in the contact data structure. Silly mistake, probably left over from old code from before contacts could have custom labels. Maybe even using an old API.

Device(s)
    Samsung R455C, Alcatel A205G, BLU Advance 4.5,Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone (Verizon & AT&T), Red Pocket (AT&T), Project Fi
    Feedback Score

1) In the Android GV app, when searching contacts, ALL numbers with a custom name are listed with "Other" next to the number, ...

2) On any of the three phones and 1 tablet I've tested the GV app with, when I click on a phone number on a web page...

3) When any of my devices are set to silent...
    I checked a couple of phones.

A Moto G5 Play running on Android 8.0.0 and using Tello cellular network (a Sprint MVNO), apps updated 11/29:
    Voice v 2019.46.277837673
    Google Hangouts Dialer v 0.1.100944346
    Google Hangouts v 31.0.246194187
    A Samsung Galaxy S3 (Virgin Mobile version) without a cellular network provider) running on Android 4.4.2, apps updated 11/30:
    Voice v 2019.42.275902411
    Google Hangouts Dialer v (same)
    Google Hangouts v (same),

Both phones settings:
    Voice connected to Hangouts, calls prefer Wi-Fi and mobile, calls forwarded to other numbers and to web, no forward messages to email, missed call notifications on, do not disturb off, gmail notifications on, filter spam on.

Both gmail acct settings:
    Hangouts & Hangouts Dialer: incoming phone calls on, messages on.

Default apps settings:
    G5P Phone: Phone (no other option offered).
    Both SMS: Messages (also offers Disa, which I use for Facebook messages, but does not offer Hangouts, Hangouts Dialer, Voice, Skype, ICQ, or MeWe).

Results:
    1) Both phones contact number labels:
    Voice shows custom labels as OTHER.
    Google Hangouts Dialer shows the actual label.
    Google Hangouts shows the actual label.

Dialing behaviors:
    Both: Hangouts, Hangouts Dialer, and Voice all initiate calls immediately, no questions.
    (Galaxy S3 [no cellular provider] when calls set to prefer carrier: When initiating call via Google Hangouts or Voice, app says it is calling using Google Voice, then asks do I want to use Hangouts Dialer, Phone, or Skype.)
    G5P when airplane mode is on and Wi-Fi is on: no change.

2) Clicking a "call" link in Opera browser pop-up offers Hangouts Dialer, Phone, and Skype. Not Voice, Hangouts, MeWe (both persons must be app users), or ICQ (both persons must be app users). Both phones currently have no other voice call apps.

3) Device set to silent and screen sleeping, call goes immediately to voicemail.
    G5P (has cell service provider) screen showed incoming call, S3G no indication of call coming in.

Sent from my KFSUWI using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG Tribute HD
    Carrier(s)
    TPO
    Feedback Score
    Thanks,

Did anyone able to use temp cell number (from text FREE, TEXT Now ) to get verification code for GV number request ?

Thanks for sharing.

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIMDHoward View Post

Did anyone able to use temp cell number (from text FREE, TEXT Now ) to get verification code for GV number request ?
    Both TextNow and Textfree are OTT apps that use VoIP. Neither will work to verify a new GV number.

Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 LastLast