Thread: Upcoming phones that support T-Mobile Band 71

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Upcoming phones that support T-Mobile Band 71

Upcoming phones via Spectrumgateway

"The following phones recently passed FCC certification with band 71 support. Their names were guessed. They may be sold only through T-Mobile or directly by the manufacturer or both ways.

LG Aristo 2 LM-X212TA
    Moto Z3 Play XT1929-4 with 6.1" screen
    Moto E5 Play XT1921-3 with 5.2" screen and 2800 mAh battery
    Moto E5 Plus XT1924-7 with 5000 mAh battery
    Moto G6 Plus XT1926-1 with 3200 mAh battery "

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    My worry is that T-Mobile as the only one deploying B71 spectrum may not have enough customers for Samsung, LG, Moto that all have passed FCC test for B71 cell phones for Intel/MediaTek to add B71 to Apple's 2018 iPhone. T-Mobile needs Apple more than Apple needs B71 devices.

Canada is having a 600 Mhz Spectrum Auction in 2019 that could help. Does anyone know of any other countries that are going to use Band 71?

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I check the FCC Equipment Authorization database from time to time and the only one on the list above that shows up is the LG.

For my part, I'll be interested to see what bands and features the G6 has when it comes out.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    If Google releases a new pixel with band 71 id be tempted to switch from iOS if Apple doesnít release their new iPhones with band 71.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by obeythelaw View Post
    If Google releases a new pixel with band 71 id be tempted to switch from iOS if Apple doesnít release their new iPhones with band 71.
    Mediateks p60 chip, with mediateks "worldmode" modem, due out soon supports band 71, so if mediatek is making apples modem chipsets for the new iPhone I don't see why they wouldn't include band 71 support. Though I'm also sure the pixel 3 will also support b71. Rumors of a midrange pixel this spring/summer also that likely would also support b71.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Im hoping an iPhone comes out with band 71 but I know it's not a guarantee.

Feedback Score
    Is it likely that there will be some lower cost T Mobile phones that have Band 71 coverage in the coming months?
    Or will the phones for the newer spectrum be only the higher end models?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    T-Mobile needs Apple more than Apple needs B71 devices.
    ?
    IDK- you may be right but I feel the opposite. I wonít buy another iPhone unless it has Band 71. I just replaced the battery in my 6sPlus so itís good for another 2-3 years if necessary. Iím certainly not giving up my 3 lines/$100 promo to switch to another more expensive and (where I live) inferior carrier.

I suppose if itís an area like much of Wyoming where the ONLY coverage is Band 71 that might be the case. But I donít think places like that have many T-Mobile customers to start with since itís a mostly new market. So they wouldnít be losing many of those customers.

I certainly hope Apple has Band 71 in the next iphones. But Iím not THAT hopeful, given the end of their relationship with Qualcomm etc.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, GS8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by erikkarma808 View Post
    IDK- you may be right but I feel the opposite. I wonít buy another iPhone unless it has Band 71. I just replaced the battery in my 6sPlus so itís good for another 2-3 years if necessary. Iím certainly not giving up my 3 lines/$100 promo to switch to another more expensive and (where I live) inferior carrier.

I suppose if itís an area like much of Wyoming where the ONLY coverage is Band 71 that might be the case. But I donít think places like that have many T-Mobile customers to start with since itís a mostly new market. So they wouldnít be losing many of those customers.

I certainly hope Apple has Band 71 in the next iphones. But Iím not THAT hopeful, given the end of their relationship with Qualcomm etc.
    The iPhone 6 didnít have B12 and it was wildly successful soooo... seems people either donít understand the different bands (likely) or just donít care (likely also). The iPhone 8/X are the only flagships that donít support 4X4 MIMO right now and they still sell like crazy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMobileUser0 View Post
    Is it likely that there will be some lower cost T Mobile phones that have Band 71 coverage in the coming months?
    Or will the phones for the newer spectrum be only the higher end models?
    The Moto E and G phones listed in the original post will probably be in the $200-$300 range.

Device(s)
    Samsung Avant, Nexus 5X, Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Project Fi, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    The iPhone 6 didn’t have B12 and it was wildly successful soooo... seems people either don’t understand the different bands (likely) or just don’t care (likely also). ......
    I remember the iSheep bleating, "Must have new iPhone 6 right this very instant or I will hold my breath until I turn blue and die." Nothing would convince them to wait for the next iteration. They didn't even hear you if you said, "Doesn't have band 12". It was like a bunch of addicts hurting for a fix.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Looks like the LG V30 is going to have to wait two more weeks for the Oreo update that should have the CA added to Band 71.

https://twitter.com/askdes/status/982028027046412288

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    Looks like the LG V30 is going to have to wait two more weeks for the Oreo update that should have the CA added to Band 71.

https://twitter.com/askdes/status/982028027046412288
    That will be nice if it actually gets the CA added in this time.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I check the FCC Equipment Authorization database from time to time and the only one on the list above that shows up is the LG.

For my part, I'll be interested to see what bands and features the G6 has when it comes out.
    Found this searching for the G6...

"FCC filings for Moto Z3 Play
    The Z3 Play is making its way through the FCC, and recent filings reveal that the phone (model number XT1929) will have the Snapdragon 636 (SDM636). The Z3 Play nearly mirrors the Z2 Play with regard to LTE bands, though the North American version adds bands 14, 18, 19, 40, and 71. Band 71 is the most notable addition, as it will support T-Mobile's new 600MHz LTE."

Didn't see the G6 had B71... However B71 could be in the G6 Plus that matches the cell phone name in Spectrumgateway devices with B71

"Moto G6 Play
    The black, 32GB G6 Play Fry's briefly posted for pre-order shares the same 18:9 display as the G6 but boasts a larger 4,000mAh battery, keeping with Play tradition. It will have a Snapdragon 1.4GHz quad-core processor, but the specific chipset isn't mentioned on the page. The G6 Play was available for pre-order at $199.99 with an estimated ship date of May 17th."

"Moto G6 Plus specs
    SlashLeaks also shared specs for the G6 Plus: a 5.93" FHD+ display, Snapdragon 630, 6GB RAM and 64GB of storage, a 12MP/5MP dual rear-camera setup, a 16MP selfie camera, a 3,200mAh battery, and Android 8.0 out of the box."

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Found the FCC testing Approval for the LG Aristo 2 LM-X212TA that has Band 71

https://fccid.io/ZNFX212TA/Test-Repo...port-1-3793768

Also, Moto E5 Plus XT1924-7 with 5000 mAh battery has Band 71

https://fccid.io/IHDT56XA2/Test-Repo...Report-3778617

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast