Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming phones that support T-Mobile Band 71

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There is a new leak out today of the Google Pixel 3 that shows it has the Snapdragon 845 which means it is likely to have Band 71.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skylar_G View Post
    Not sure you'll see Huawei or honor come out with anything that supports band 71 anytime soon. ......
    Huawei recently (7/30) submitted test results for their LX9 which covers a lot of LTE bands (e.g. 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 38, 41) but which does not mention band 71. Someone called TCL Communications in Shenzhen submitted (8/1) specs for a band 71 phone (FCC ID #2ACCJH094).
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Google, just submitted a test report for some phone that includes band 71 LTE.
    https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/repor...cc_id=A4RG013A

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Will be interesting to see if apple with their latest iphones support band 71. If they do, I think that could be a huge lure for people to "futureproof" their phones somewhat.

Feedback Score
    Good news on the Pixel 3!

Feedback Score
    Hopefully the Pixel 3 will support B71, as that will be the first B71 phone for Project Fi. The Unlocked LG V35 and G7 models somehow didn't get it in their firmware, even though the hardware and T-Mobile firmware supports it.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Huawei recently (7/30) submitted test results for their LX9 which covers a lot of LTE bands (e.g. 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 38, 41) but which does not mention band 71. Someone called TCL Communications in Shenzhen submitted (8/1) specs for a band 71 phone (FCC ID #2ACCJH094).
    TCL is Alcatel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Someone called TCL Communications in Shenzhen submitted (8/1) specs for a band 71 phone (FCC ID #2ACCJH094).
    They make the Alcatel phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTEAdvanced View Post
    Hopefully the Pixel 3 will support B71, as that will be the first B71 phone for Project Fi. The Unlocked LG V35 and G7 models somehow didn't get it in their firmware, even though the hardware and T-Mobile firmware supports it.
    I saw an explicit list of bands for the Pixel 3 that includes Band 71.

Would Apple dare to make such an out-of-date device this fall that doesn't include this band? I am doubting it now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotABiot View Post
    I saw an explicit list of bands for the Pixel 3 that includes Band 71.

Would Apple dare to make such an out-of-date device this fall that doesn't include this band? I am doubting it now.
    Apple will have B71 now based upon their history. The band is in use and rolling out to more locations so they'll support it now. They just have never been the earliest out with a band and since they only do updates once a year, if it's not an established band, they'll skip it.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Apple will have B71 now based upon their history. The band is in use and rolling out to more locations so they'll support it now. They just have never been the earliest out with a band and since they only do updates once a year, if it's not an established band, they'll skip it.
    It is possible, depending on how many models they have, that B71 might only be available on certain models sold through T-Mobile. There have been other bands in the past that weren't included in all models in the US.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    It is possible, depending on how many models they have, that B71 might only be available on certain models sold through T-Mobile. There have been other bands in the past that weren't included in all models in the US.
    Usually anything they sell through T-mobile, they will sell directly from Apple as well as an unlocked device. The main issue at hand, is whether they'll be some iPhone with Band 71.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I remember a few years ago when only the phone sold through ATT had Band (29?). It is possible that the SIM free model was this one, it has been several years.

Generally, I would recommend buying the SIM free model if you can wait and don't require the phone at release. I went carrier route last year, but I bought through Best Buy so I had close to the SIM free model (Verizon/Sprint support if I go that route later). It just took 40 days or so until I could pay off the phone and unlock it. I'm still on ATT, just moved to Prepaid.

Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    It’s not really up to Apple to decide whether or not to support it. It’s up to the modem.
    - Bentley

AT&T's commercial 4G network, with LAA-LTE.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyBeard View Post
    It’s not really up to Apple to decide whether or not to support it. It’s up to the modem.
    I'm sure Apple's engineers issue what they want to the modem manufacturer for their new models. Look at this way. I think they cover the entire world with only three different models of an iphone:

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

So for a device to cover that many carriers in that many countries, Apple has a high degree of say in which bands they want in each model. They call the shots or they wouldn't be able to do it with so few versions of a device.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast