Thread: Project Fi for short international trip

Device(s)
    Nokia 3595
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Project Fi for short international trip

I have a Nexus 5X that I thought I could sign up with Project-Fi for short trip. I have a few question that I hope someone could answer.

If I currently use the Nexus 5X with a US Carrier, say T-Mobile. Do I need to install any software or enable anything with the phone besides swapping the SIM?

How long does it take to get the Google-Fi SIM (I assume I need one, right?). Is the SIM shipped free?

I know there is a $20 monthly fee + $10/1GB. Are there taxes? Are there any activation fees?

Last but not least, are there credit check involved when signing up Project-Fi?

Carrier(s)
    Google's Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by below20 View Post
    I have a Nexus 5X that I thought I could sign up with Project-Fi for short trip. I have a few question that I hope someone could answer.

If I currently use the Nexus 5X with a US Carrier, say T-Mobile. Do I need to install any software or enable anything with the phone besides swapping the SIM?

How long does it take to get the Google-Fi SIM (I assume I need one, right?). Is the SIM shipped free?

I know there is a $20 monthly fee + $10/1GB. Are there taxes? Are there any activation fees?

Last but not least, are there credit check involved when signing up Project-Fi?
    All you need is to request a free SIM and when you get it ,it will be activated quickly. You will need to install the Project FI app. They ship it free and promptly.
    They charge loacal taxes and fees and there is no credit check unless you buy a new phone on installments.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I believe all customers are on auto-pay, so you do need a credit card. In a recent change from the initial setup, the basic unlimited talk and text is prepaid, but data service is postpaid and pay-as-you go, a penny per megabyte.