Thread: Lots of promotions change, act quick! Promotions start April 12th!

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Lots of promotions change, act quick! Promotions start April 12th!

4 free phones is going away, only going to be port one get one up to $60

add a line promotion drops to only $30 off

when you port your number over, after 2 months you will get a prepaid mastercard for $100 texted to your phone no physical card, limit one per account (requires $50 or higher plan)

4 for $100, 5 for $125, and 6 for $150 is still around!

Feedback Score
    I was told by a store manager that I can only get a max of 5 lines in an account. Would be nice if someone can confirm that I can get a 6th line for $25 more.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    4 free phones is going away, only going to be port one get one up to $60

add a line promotion drops to only $30 off

when you port your number over, after 2 months you will get a prepaid mastercard for $100 texted to your phone no physical card, limit one per account (requires $50 or higher plan)

4 for $100, 5 for $125, and 6 for $150 is still around!
    If it is mail in rebate then it is not really a deal. Mail in Rebates are used by companies knowing that most customers do not send them in and can deny some of the ones sent in for multiple reasons. I hope Metro PCS is not going to pull a Circuit City were all sales and new customer discounts are all mail in rebates.

Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    If it is mail in rebate then it is not really a deal. Mail in Rebates are used by companies knowing that most customers do not send them in and can deny some of the ones sent in for multiple reasons. I hope Metro PCS is not going to pull a Circuit City were all sales and new customer discounts are all mail in rebates.

Sent from my LGMP450 using HoFo mobile app
    No mail in... after 65 days of continues service you will get a text with a link that sends you a virtual card you can spend...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownMan View Post
    No mail in... after 65 days of continues service you will get a text with a link that sends you a virtual card you can spend...
    As long as you stay on the $50 or higher rate plan id assume. Id assume if one switches to a lower tiered plan they become ineligible for the rebate.

Xfinity runs these type of "rebates" all the time. Sign up for such and such and in 60-90 days of continuous service and you keep the higher tiered plan you signed up for they give you a rebate card for 100-200 bucks. Never thought I'd see tmobile copy a xfinity promotion.

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    As long as you stay on the $50 or higher rate plan id assume. Id assume if one switches to a lower tiered plan they become ineligible for the rebate.

Xfinity runs these type of "rebates" all the time. Sign up for such and such and in 60-90 days of continuous service and you keep the higher tiered plan you signed up for they give you a rebate card for 100-200 bucks. Never thought I'd see tmobile copy a xfinity promotion.
    Correct must remain on the unlimited plan, $50, $60 or 4 for $100, They don't do mail in rebates anymore

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    Correct must remain on the unlimited plan, $50, $60 or 4 for $100, They don't do mail in rebates anymore
    Yea that's what I figured. Yup exactly the same as xfinity's rebate offers. You don't do any mail in with xfinity either, only difference is xfinity mails you a physical card, which imo is better as it can be used in brick and mortar stores. The only way to use a virtual card in a brick and mortar location is to have an nfc capable android, or an apple device and load the card onto your android/apple pay account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post

This is definitely rare on MetroPCS, but they've been doing it for years on T-Mobile. They've gone crazy with "bill credits" on all promos. I'm surprised Metro doesn't do volume discounts (i.e buy 6-12 months service). It would kill churn a lot faster than these gimmicks.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by b1geast View Post
    This is definitely rare on MetroPCS, but they've been doing it for years on T-Mobile. They've gone crazy with "bill credits" on all promos. I'm surprised Metro doesn't do volume discounts (i.e buy 6-12 months service). It would kill churn a lot faster than these gimmicks.
    I predict a new industry trend that will catch on very soon... Not sure if Verizon prepaid followed through with this but they were in talks of offering customer that paid 2 months up front a free phone. So I walk into Verizon prepaid store and I pick a $49 phone and $75 plan. If i would pay the plan for 2 months up front the store would give the phone for free to me. Very smart idea and great way to reduce phantom accounts. I really like this idea and in a way metro is doing something similar to this with the two months free campaign. Instead of rewarding the customer $150 up front off of a phone they said we will give you $60 now and $100 when you stay with us for 2 months. I think this will prevent some of those NGA accounts and flippers.

Device(s)
    Samsung GS9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks ryan1918 for giving us the heads up on this:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...tropcs-service

“New customers can choose the $50 Unlimited LTE plan, the $60 plan with Unlimited LTE + 10GB of hotspot data, or 4 lines of Unlimited LTE for $100. As always with MetroPCS, taxes and regulatory fees are included, and you’ll be riding on the nationwide T-Mobile LTE network,” T-Mobile wrote in a release announcing the new offer. “After two months of unlimited service with a timely second month payment, customers can get a $100 prepaid Mastercard.”
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017