Thread: ESN checker?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ESN checker?

i used to have a website that i used to check ESN's but lost it....i was doing random ESN checkers on google and all the sites said the ESN i was checking was good to go but when i check on ting's it said something about paying off the payment and if i bought from 3rd party i should ask for a refund....sooooo yea i just need to confirm this phone before i get a rate plan that i cant return and be out $35

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Did your post contain a question?

Feedback Score
    For Sprint postpaid use https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/bring...to-sprint.html

For Sprint mvno's use Ting https://ting.com/byod and look for "CDMA" in the result, or check on Tello.

Note that if you want to activate a phone on Sprint postpaid, often you will get an error from their checker that will refer to "Money owed to Sprint" which usually actually just means that the phone has been on a Sprint mvno and you need to get LiterallyUnlimited (or Ting or Google Fi or...) to flip the ownership flag from PLBL to SPCS to push it back to postpaid. Then it will pass. However this would not appear to apply to your case if you got the error from Ting rather than from Sprint. Also the vast majority of Sprint prepaid-origin phones (including Boost etc.) cannot be activated on Sprint postpaid at all, regardless of the setting of that flag.

The universal checkers on other sites, including Swappa, are inadequate for checking re Sprint and it is well known that they "pass" many Sprint phones that will actually be rejected by Sprint. Swappa refuses to do anything about it and says it is only checking for use on mvno's, or something to that effect.
    Last edited by comintel; 04-09-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i was able to to talk with a boost mobile rep and said that the phone is clear....thanks for the reply

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i was able to to talk with a boost mobile rep and said that the phone is clear....thanks for the reply
    Just so you know, if the context was Boost, that would not necessarily mean it was also necessarily clear for activation on Sprint or MVNO's unless Boost unlocks it for such, which is harder to get.

In general, Boost phones may be clear for use on Boost, but will still not activate on Sprint (non-Boost) or its MVNO's (except after x months service).

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the phone is a boost phone going on boost service plan and thought they didnt do ESN checks anymore...but all is good

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    the phone is a boost phone going on boost service plan and thought they didnt do ESN checks anymore...but all is good
    OK super I just wanted to be sure......

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    OK super I just wanted to be sure......
    thank you..