Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: phone discussion algebra

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Is there a reason people keep replying to the OP?? Doesn't seem to take direction, merely wants to rant....I'd have gone else-where forsevice a long time ago.
    Except there's nothing wrong with the service in general. It works very well for a LOT of people.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Except there's nothing wrong with the service in general. It works very well for a LOT of people.
    Agreed! Long time user here, Tracfone and HOFO

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfonehater View Post
    that would be super - and the SIM is a ATT as the 1st was

Yes I came here with both barrels hot
    I did my research...
    In fact I have gotten two SIM cards from them already to NO avail - same feces - same day
    I should NOT have dead spots in a Metro area...
    I can understand if I'm on the road tween Des Moines and Wichita...even then thats unacceptable tho

this is a selective shut off of service at the tower- it happens every day...

This is not a battery issue otherwise I would get the same crap all day

You see trac-fone (or as I call it Lk-MY-S-phone) doesnt own the towers around here - I really believe they cut a deal where their fones take a back seat to the big fish...ATT...Verizon...US Celluar..Et all

Please dont buy a trac-fone (unless you are in Miami) that is where they are based out of
    If I am reading your post right, you are using AT&T. I know in western Iowa which is where I live AT&T is very spotty in the hills. Verizon is better system for me in this side of the state. I even know there is a large dead spot dead spot in southern Iowa for AT&T. That is why I am using Verizon towers on Straight Talk, and I am getting better coverage then with the AT&T towers. By the way, Straight Talk is another Tracfone company. Tracfone has a few other names that you can get too.

Then I know T-Mobile just bought the rest of the iWireless out a few months ago, and I don't know if they need to switching things on the towers in your area. So that could be your outage issue.

That is why we need to know more info like what kind of phone you have and what SIM you are using. You could be using a phone and service towers that might have bad service. You could be using Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T, or even Verizon.

Plus Tracfone is a MVNO. So even in Miami, they don't own towers as far as I know.

Then there is a number of other MVNO companies that way too. So if you want a company that owns towers, you will need to get Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, US Cellular, or a smaller regional cell companies. Even then they share towers with other companies.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone(Verizon) Tracfone (GSM)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracfonehater View Post
    ...Seems we have some trac-fone satisfied customers here (start a membership drive - there wont be many)....
    Actually there are MANY satisfied Tracfone users here.

Maybe if you answered the questions posted by tfusr19, who is a knowledgeable user on these forums, you could get some meaningful help.

You said you have AT&T service so I presume you have a sim that starts with 890141. Have you checked that?
    What is the model of your phone?

Do you really want to resolve the problem or do you just want to do meaningless rants?

Device(s)
    Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene44 View Post
    Actually there are MANY satisfied Tracfone users here.

Maybe if you answered the questions posted by tfusr19, who is a knowledgeable user on these forums, you could get some meaningful help.

You said you have AT&T service so I presume you have a sim that starts with 890141. Have you checked that?
    What is the model of your phone?

Do you really want to resolve the problem or do you just want to do meaningless rants?
    Well said that^

... and now; as I finish the bowl of popcorn I enjoyed reading this thread, turn off the front sign, and balance the till, I have to say good night all...

This thread is now CLOSED!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3