Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Add kickback if you haven't

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score

Add kickback if you haven't

Looks like if kickback feature isn't added by April 12 it's no longer an option

I guess new lines after that aren't eligible. Kickback is the $10 credit when you use less than 2gb each month.
    I know some low data users that really like the feature so get it while you can if you want it
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33862

Feedback Score
    Any cost to adding kick back

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Badrsj View Post
    Any cost to adding kick back

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    No additional cost.

Sent from my SM-G960U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, OP!

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Don't you have to have the T-Mobile ONE plan to have kickback added?

Feedback Score
    For myself and several others on Reddit, the KickBack switch does not appear any longer in the Profile settings in either the Mobile or desktop app. There is no way to switch it either on or off. All of my lines are currently on. This change seemed to be made a few weeks back, and I started a thread on Reddit and several others chimed in with their observations of it's absence also.

Edited to add Reddit link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/com...ckback_switch/

Device(s)
    iPhone X, GS8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    #RECarrier

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I have to admit... This does seem like a step backwards.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    #RECarrier
    The thing with that is, they kind of set themselves up for any backlash they get for moves like this. To attract business they undercut everyone else and made offers the other carriers didnt, well the other carriers didn't make those offers because they weren't profitable for them, as tmobile is now finding out that these are not profitable (look at what they did to mobile without borders and more recently the changes to carrier freedom) so they are ending the programs, which is their right to do, they are in business to turn a profit. The problem is they went on and on and on how different they were and how evil the other companies were for not offering those things, they sold people on this "uncarrier" gimmick. They were never an uncarrier, they were a carrier doing what it took to get noticed, now they are a carrier doing what it takes to become as profitable as they can be. They're talking about building b71 everywhere and 5g by next year, somebody has to pay for that, and their shareholders still want a return on their investment, somebody has to pay for that as well, guess who gets to foot those bills.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Conversely, this shouldn't affect anyone who is already in the know.

It sucks to be sure, but everyone who wants this feature probably already has it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 8
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You are correct. And we all have the right to change carriers. If they take anything away from me I am leaving. I live GSM carriers but hate AT&T so I would proba my go to Verizon. With my company discount and perks I will be a few $$ more than my bill now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post

It sucks to be sure, but everyone who wants this feature probably already has it.
    No, it really only affects new subscribers, but tell me if this sounds familiar. It pretty much says if someone is a bargain shopper they can either go to a prepaid or somewhere else, we'd rather have 1 person paying full price than 3 paying a discounted rate. It's the same concept Verizon and AT&T have been using. Att and Verizon are fine adding 100,000 subs at full cost over 500,000 at heavily discounted rates. Tmobile is doing the same thing. They know these moves will slow down growth and they're fine with that. They would rather add 100,000 full cost customers, and raise arpu rather than add 500,000 discount customers and lower arpu. That's their right to do, just when you proclaim over and over again you are nothing like the competition, then act just like the competition, some people's feelings can get hurt because they bought the gimmick. But even for current customers who are signed up for kickbacks now, I'm sure they will find creative ways to get people off of that, just as they did for getting people off of simple choice plans.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post

Agreed. I've never EVER heard a non HoFo member make a fuss over the Kickback feature.

I think it's a great feature to have if you don't use a lot of data and "in the know," but other then that nobody cares; well at least nobody outside the mobile enthusiast community.

There are plenty of cheaper options for those who use less than 2GB's of data per month and looking to save money. Even my parents in their 70's use more than 2GB's of data each per month now. Who would have thought?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    The minute Simple Choice is even attempted to be ended I'M OUT!!!

No questions asked.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The reddit discussion is confusing- is the change for new accounts or for any new lines (i.e. new lines on accounts with kickback are also excluded from getting it)?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast