Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

T-Mobile/Sprint Stock Up on Report Deal Talks Have Restarted

https://seekingalpha.com/news/334472...aee#email_link

1. In a bit of a surprise for merger discussions that were pronounced dead, Sprint (NYSE:S) and T-Mobile (NASDAQ:TMUS) have restarted deal talks, Dow Jones reports.
    2. With few details immediately available, Sprint is up 6.4% and T-Mobile has jumped 4.9%.
    3. New discussions are at a preliminary stage and it's not clear what the sides are discussing, sources tell DJ.
    4. The latest round of merger talks between the companies broke down in November over control issues.
    5. Updated 12:45 p.m.: Sprint has resumed trading from a circuit breaker up 15.6%; T-Mobile is up 6.2%.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    T-Mobile could do some real damage with all that 2.5 GHz spectrum... minus the debt.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    T-Mobile could do some real damage with all that 2.5 GHz spectrum... minus the debt.
    That is True. All the spectrum the combined company would have would be Hugh. Example in my area all that B41.
    Alot with 20x20 B4 15x15 B71 5x5 B12/26 then 20x20,10x10 and 5x5 3 carriers for B25.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Not really a surprise at all. Braxton Carter just last month said they still wanted a deal, and that a deal was there to be made if both parties could agree.

https://www.mobileworldlive.com/feat...-growth-stall/
    * "Talks of a merger with Sprint also resurfaced during the conference, as Carter and T-Mobile CTO Neville Ray pointed out network-driven synergies from a potential tie up still exist.

Carter reiterated a deal with Sprint would have put its growth trajectory “on steroids”. He added “the prize is still there” for the taking if the companies can get past their differences on price and control of the combined entity.

This was just 3 weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    Not to mention just a little over a week ago I said this.....man I should get paid for this stuff.....Name:  20180410_140447.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  68.2 KB

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Not to mention just a little over a week ago I said this.....man I should get paid for this stuff.....Name:  20180410_140447.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  68.2 KB
    Yeah you called it a while back

I'm not surprised they want a deal but am surprised it surfaced again so soon

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Damn. Not good at all for the consumer.
    WiFi Guru

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Yeah you called it a while back

I'm not surprised they want a deal but am surprised it surfaced again so soon
    Wouldn't be surprised if they were talking all along. A cfo and cto of a company just isn't going to make an off the cuff remark about another company like that. They would give some generic "we aren't focused on anyone else we are focused on what we are doing" answer if asked about a merger. They likely never fully stopped communicating at all. Carter knew exactly what he was saying when he made those remarks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wifiguru View Post
    Damn. Not good at all for the consumer.
    I'd rather have the Norovirus again than this merger happen.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I'd rather have the Norovirus again than this merger happen.

Sent from my Magnificent Moto E4
    The merger will really only happen if TMobile takes control. I think TMobile wants B41 cause they lack enough spectrum for 5G. They would also roll it out alot faster.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    The merger will really only happen if TMobile takes control. I think TMobile wants B41 cause they lack enough spectrum for 5G. They would also roll it out alot faster.

Don't be fooled, they also want sprints 58 million users and 8 billion in quarterly revenue. Their stockholders care less about b41.

Feedback Score
    Don't be fooled, they also want sprints 58 million users and 8 billion in quarterly revenue. Their stockholders care less about b41.
    That's no guarantee that current Sprint customers wouldn't Port over to vzw or att. Or T-Mobile customers also

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    That's no guarantee that current Sprint customers wouldn't Port over to vzw or att. Or T-Mobile customers also

True, but the odds of a significant portion of either base leaving over it are slim to none. Say 2 million sprint customers leave ( and 2 million is high) Sprint has around 30ish million postpaid users now, so say TMobile only ends up keeping 28 million of those after the merger, just think...within a year they could have almost all of those 28 million on a TMobile one plan....without a merger that kind of postpaid growth would take 10+ years in the current marketplace.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Wouldn't be surprised if they were talking all along. A cfo and cto of a company just isn't going to make an off the cuff remark about another company like that. They would give some generic "we aren't focused on anyone else we are focused on what we are doing" answer if asked about a merger. They likely never fully stopped communicating at all. Carter knew exactly what he was saying when he made those remarks.
    You are probably right. My guess is they probably have most of the details ironed out and just have those last minute details sorted out

They prob also want to feel out to see if there's a decent chance for approval

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    You are probably right. My guess is they probably have most of the details ironed out and just have those last minute details sorted out

They prob also want to feel out to see if there's a decent chance for approval
    As long as they don't insult the current administration, or own an entitiy that has published negative press on the current administration they likely would be ok with passage lol those seem to be the 2 critera that offers any kind of political resistance to mergers these days lol this is another one of those things that both sides though have a valid argument, the side against it is right, reducing competition never works out in the consumers favor, the sides for it are also right, it would make a very strong number 3 player instead of a very strong 2, a middle number 3 and a weak number 4.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast