Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 6 Plus not indicating when I have new voicemails since switching to Tracfone

Feedback Score

Question iPhone 6 Plus not indicating when I have new voicemails since switching to Tracfone

I used T-Mobile since I bought my iPhone 6 Plus, but recently switched to Tracfone.

I noticed that I haven't gotten any voicemails in a while and tonight I decided to check my voicemails to see if there were any messages. Sure enough, I had 15 new voicemails, several of which were scheduled for deletion.

When I was on T-Mobile, I always had an indicator on my phone icon whenever I had a new message, but it seems that ever since I switched to Tracfone, this indicator no longer appears.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know of a solution? It's important that I know whenever I have a new message so I really need to get this issue resolved.

Device(s)
    Moto G (6)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I use Google Voice for my voicemail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Ziss View Post
    I used T-Mobile since I bought my iPhone 6 Plus, but recently switched to Tracfone. I noticed that I haven't gotten any voicemails in a while and tonight I decided to check my voicemails to see if there were any messages. Sure enough, I had 15 new voicemails, several of which were scheduled for deletion. When I was on T-Mobile, I always had an indicator on my phone icon whenever I had a new message, but it seems that ever since I switched to Tracfone, this indicator no longer appears. Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone know of a solution? It's important that I know whenever I have a new message so I really need to get this issue resolved.
    try changing your voicemail number to your cellphone number - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-insanity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try changing your voicemail number to your cellphone number - https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...email-insanity
    I'm not entirely sure what this means. I went into Settings, then Phone, and "My Number" is my cell phone number. Is this what you are referring to? I don't seem to have a voicemail option under Settings or Settings>Phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prof68 View Post
    I use Google Voice for my voicemail.

Will this notify me when I have a new voice message? Seems like it has a lot of negative reviews on itunes.

Device(s)
    Moto G (6)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Will this notify me when I have a new voice message? Seems like it has a lot of negative reviews on itunes.
    Yes, by text, email and the Google Voice app. Transcripts too.

I've been using GV for voicemail for many years and have never had any issues.

Feedback Score
    I noticed that I haven't gotten any voicemails in a while and tonight I decided to check my voicemails to see if there were any messages. Sure enough, I had 15 new voicemails, several of which were scheduled for deletion.

When I was on T-Mobile, I always had an indicator on my phone icon whenever I had a new message, but it seems that ever since I switched to Tracfone, this indicator no longer appears.
    Is your iPhone on TracFone using T-Mobile? Did you check the voicemails using that phone? Where is the voicemail notification when it used to work? In Android phones it's in the Status Bar, but don't see that looking at an iPhone user guide. Does Visual Voicemail work?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure what you mean by on TracFone using T-Mobile. I used to use T-Mobile, but I ported my phone number to TracFone.

I have checked my voicemails using my phone. I have no problems checking or receiving voicemails. The problem is that I don't get notified when I have a new voicemail so I never know when I have a new voicemail.

The notifications used to appear as shown in these examples (I pulled these screenshots off the internet for reference). You can see that each screen has a number highlighted in red which indicates that there are new messages.

Home Screen:
    https://imgur.com/U18xKR3

Phone Screen:
    https://imgur.com/ZonPbxD

Visual Voicemail does not work. It would be great if it did, but I can live without it. Now, when I click on the Voicemail tab of my Phone app, it just says "Call Voicemail" instead of showing the Visual Voicemail option.

Feedback Score
    TracFone uses the top 3 carriers:
    The first six digits of the SIM # determine the carrier: 890141 = AT&T, 891480 = Verizon, 890126 = T-Mobile

Post which carrier your TracFone is using - that might help and good for you to know

Feedback Score
    Sim # starts with 890126

Feedback Score
    Sim # starts with 890126
    That's interesting you lost some functions compared to direct T-Mo service. Even some TracFone models can get some things on T-Mo like VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling that are not available on AT&T and Verizon models.

You can set sounds for notifications, but not sure if there is a setting just for voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Welp...I guess I'm s*** outta luck. I've tried everything that people recommended in Google searches with no luck. I also tried setting up Google Voice, but apparently it doesn't work with T-Mobile and I guess my phone uses T-Mobile under TracFone.

I'm still saving money which was my goal, but it's going to be a serious pain in the a** having to dial up my voicemail all the time to find out if I have any new messages.

Device(s)
    Moto G (6)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Are you able to use AT&T where you are? Maybe switch to the AT&T Tracfone SIM.

Feedback Score
    It sounds like a T-mobile Voicemail issue.
    I hate to say it but you may need to contact TracFone Customer Service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    It sounds like a T-mobile Voicemail issue.
    I hate to say it but you may need to contact TracFone Customer Service.
    I contacted them 4 times yesterday. The first 3 times, they assured me that they "made an update" on their end that would fix the issue, and each time nothing happened. The 4th person I spoke with said they were in the escalations department and would make an update that only the escalations team could make, but that didn't work either. I don't know if I have the patience (or if there is even a point) in calling them again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast