Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Switch to MetroPCS and get two Months of Unlimited Service free

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Switch to MetroPCS and get two Months of Unlimited Service free

Looks like a deal to quickly add customers during the T-Mobile/Sprint Merger talks that will increase T-Mobile's customer base just like Sprint did last year with free service during the merger talks that failed. This will appeal to customers that got a free year from Sprint to switch now that after a year of free service have to start paying for Sprint's service. The more customers T-Mobile gets the more leverage in the merger talk. Additional net customers adds value to either side in a merger.

Switch to MetroPCS and get two Months of Unlimited Service free

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I can think of several people who would enjoy this promo. Good find.

Perfect for someone on the fence wanting to try out T-Mobile's LTE network.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    The title of the promo is misleading. What it actually is is you port in your number, pick a 50 or 60 dollar plan, pay your first month, when your second month becomes due you pay your second month, then you receive a $100 virtual MasterCard. You can use the virtual card on 2 months of service if you want, but you actually get no "free" months of service, you get a $100 dollar rebate card after porting in and staying on an unlimited plan for 2 months. Also metro is now charging a $10 activation fee, and according to the fine print is not valid in 2 states or in the Miami Dade county area.
    Last edited by SecretAgentCarl; 04-12-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    https://www.metropcs.com/TwoMonths

To sweeten the deal, MetroPCS is also offering select phones free to customers who bring their number to its network. The free phone options include the Coolpad Defiant, ZTE Avid 4, LG Aristo 2, Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime, and Moto E4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    The title of the promo is misleading. What it actually is is you port in your number, pick a 50 or 60 dollar plan, pay your first month, when your second month becomes due you pay your second month, then you receive a $100 virtual MasterCard. You can use the virtual card on 2 months of service if you want, but you actually get no "free" months of service, you get a $100 dollar rebate card after porting in and staying on an unlimited plan for 2 months. Also metro is now charging a $10 activation fee, and according to the fine print is not valid in 2 states or in the Miami Dade county area.

Nice way to breakdown the fluffery!
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Yea them calling it 2 free months of service is misleading. That's not really what it is. It is more along the lines of what xfinity does, where if you sign up for a certain package, pay your bill on time for 60 days, they will give you a rebate in the form of a prepaid card with $100 bucks on it. If you switch to a lower priced plan, you are not eligible for the rebate.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    So you open a $50 a month MetroPCS account without taxes plus get a free phone. Then if you do everything right you get a credit card for $100 that you can pay your bill for the next two months or buy something else. Sure doesn't sound like bad deal to me if I wanted to test out T-Mobile's network... Sure seems to be upsetting the non-T-Mobile fans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shilohcane View Post
    So you open a $50 a month MetroPCS account without taxes plus get a free phone. Then if you do everything right you get a credit card for $100 that you can pay your bill for the next two months or buy something else. Sure doesn't sound like bad deal to me if I wanted to test out T-Mobile's network... Sure seems to be upsetting the non-T-Mobile fans.
    Except if you are on the 60 dollar plan it doesn't cover 2 months of service. Also you have to pay 2 months worth of bills to get the card. The phone promo they ran before this was a much better promo and likely the more popular promo. Though giving away free iPhones probably wasn't cost efficient for them. This is just a copy of what xfinity does, and no it doesn't "upset" anyone, why would it? People in the real world don't get "upset" over cell phone companies offers, maybe in your world they do. But what people do do in the real world is breakdown what an offer actually is, and see if the offer is actually as valuable as a companies promo machine makes it out to be.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Except if you are on the 60 dollar plan it doesn't cover 2 months of service. Also you have to pay 2 months worth of bills to get the card. The phone promo they ran before this was a much better promo and likely the more popular promo. Though giving away free iPhones probably wasn't cost efficient for them. This is just a copy of what xfinity does.
    The $50 plan has unlimited LTE Data for the phone that if you do everything right is almost free. The $60 plan with Unlimited LTE + 10GB of hotspot data. So paying $20 gets you extra abilities that you fail to highlight so you can down talk the deal. I can't wait to fire Xfinity that just upped my home broadband to $70 a month since everyone is cutting the cord.

Feedback Score
    The $50 plan has unlimited Data for the phone. The $60 plan with Unlimited LTE + 10GB of hotspot data. So paying $20 gets you extra abilities that you fail to highlight so you can down talk the deal. I can't wait to fire Xfinity that just upped my home broadband to $70 a month...
    Why would I have to specify the differences between the 2 plans, the promo says "2 free months of metro service". This isn't true. It's a $100 dollar rebate after you stay for 2 months of metro service. If someone chooses the $60 plan, the rebate doesn't cover the cost of 2 months of metro service. If you go home and switch from the 50 or 60 dollar plan to a 30 or 40 dollar plan, you become ineligible for the promo. Compared to the promo metro was just running, this stinks honestly. I'm sure people would much rather have the free iPhone for switching rather than some xfinity copy of a promo, and some crap device.

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Why would I have to specify the differences between the 2 plans, the promo says "2 free months of metro service". This isn't true. It's a $100 dollar rebate after you stay for 2 months of metro service. If someone chooses the $60 plan, the rebate doesn't cover the cost of 2 months of metro service. If you go home and switch from the 50 of 60 dollar plan to a 30 or 40 dollar plan, you become ineligible for the promo. Compared to the promo metro was just running, this stinks honestly. I'm sure people would much rather have the free iPhone for switching rather than some xfinity copy of a promo.
    Go Fish ... I don't need a ridiculous argument cherry picking details trying to attack T-Mobile with the intent to blow up every thread.

Feedback Score
    Go Fish ... I don't need a ridiculous argument cherry picking details trying to attack T-Mobile with the intent to blow up every thread.
    Yea, that "attack" was rough huh. I mean how dare I break down the actual details of the promo.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+
    Feedback Score
    How soon will the card come after paying 2 months? Another 2 months ?
    Get cheap calling cards to call anywhere in the world! Click here!

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB Silver
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    How soon will the card come after paying 2 months? Another 2 months ?
    Probably about the same amount of time it takes a Cricket customer to download a movie in HD.

Device(s)
    iP7, GS8, Galaxy Tab S3, iPad mini 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The intent was to break down every detail of the promotion. Not sure how you can call that a “ridiculous argument” and “cherry picking,” but okay. Whatever works for ya, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --Bentley

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast