Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile getting rid of Kickback

Feedback Score
    Actually that's not true. Corporations are a "Legal Person" under the law. But keep trying to support your bias.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    Actually that's not true. Corporations are a "Legal Person" under the law. But keep trying to support your bias.
    If you say so. Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify your feelings is fine with me. Why would I care how you personally feel about something or if you disagree or agree with me? I didnt realize the rules of these forums included having you agree to everything posted. But, do you care to ever post anything relevant to the thread? Or would you just rather try to bicker with people you disagree with? I mean if you'd like to discuss the differences between a living person and a juradicial person, feel free to drop a private messages. Why not, I'll take about it.

Feedback Score
    You seem to have lost sight of the prize, attacking T-Mobile. I'm done, and you will need to have the last word, of course.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    You seem to have lost sight of the prize, attacking T-Mobile. I'm done, and you will need to have the last word, of course.
    Where did I "attack" tomobile exactly? By bringing up that they are becoming more like the other carriers and getting rid of promos they find unprofitable? Yeah, how dare I do that. That's a vicious attack I made there. Think they're ok after such a brutal assault??? Of course I'll respond, it's one of the first things you posted that was even remotely close to being on topic.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentCarl View Post
    Where did I "attack" tomobile exactly? By bringing up that they are becoming more like the other carriers and getting rid of promos they find unprofitable? Yeah, how dare I do that. That's a vicious attack I made there. Think they're ok after such a brutal assault??? Of course I'll respond, it's one of the first things you posted that was even remotely close to being on topic.
    Didn't you know on this forum, you're never allowed to speak against things tmobile does, the fan boys hate that lol

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    Actually, I use an AT&T $20 Unlimited Mobile Hotspot line as my primary home internet. It was a loophole plan (now closed for new activations), but I do get great speeds with the Hotspot, even with high usage. I also love the fact it is portable. I have had this setup now for almost a year and it works for my needs. We moved to Podunk Hillbilly Country a few years ago and that is when I truly missed the plan you have now and what I once had before I chose to be placed onto this Select Choice family plan.

If I were you, I would stick with your unlimited plan with T-Mobile for $90 (+ taxes/fees) for 5 lines. I know it is only unlimited data for your phone "only" and it does not include any global features. However, at this point, I do worry that if you do try to change anything on that plan, you risk a horrible, uphill battle if the plan is changed and something goes wrong. I would guess less than 10 employees at T-Mobile even have a clue about this plan, and that's being generous. While Executive Resolutions was more forgiving in the past, I do not believe they would do anything for us to be placed onto a One plan for $100 for 5 lines, even though we have promos and discounts on our grandfathered plans that mimic One's pricing with promos applied.

However, if you are braver and more patient than I, and you do try to get moved to a One plan for $100 for 5 lines with taxes/fees included, please let me (us) know how it goes and the steps you took.

But, I do believe you are on one of the best plan and pricing options available anywhere and almost anyone would jump on your plan if given the opportunity.
    Yes for the most part this all makes sense. I actually thought about doing that At&t Zte Mobley unlimited car mobile hotspot loophole but just couldn't justify spending an extra $20 a month being as we already have Comcast home internet for $9.99 a month with no modem rental fee, while it is only 15 Meg's download and they limit it to 1 TB a month it works well for us & I think the highest we have come is maybe 700-800 GB of data while streaming, YouTube, laptop's, tablets & Etc. Plus I've also thought about getting the Sprint mobile hotspot plan as it is only $120 a year for people who qualify by income I believe, but Sprint service can be hit or miss?

If really needed I'm sure I can always use a rooted app on a phone to get free tether unless TMO can block that now too. It's also possible that it could violate my TOS agreement with them & risk loosing unlimited data. But I think I am going to see if TMO would give me the 6gb data MI lines for free being that they are on simple Choice. Plus then if they do I can get some free Alcatel A30 Tablets for the kid's.

So about how fast is your download speeds using Att hotspot, does it work well where you live for signal & lastly about how much gigs of data do you use on average any given month. Thank you for all you help & have a wonderful day!!

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Feedback Score
    If you say so. Keep fighting the good fight. Which modern tmobile phones exactly can you keep your tzone plan on again?
    Edit: Sorry I just read where you said modern TMO phones, yeah those are all blocked now from Tzones, I do remember hearing some of the early Nexus phones even sold by TMO works on Tzones tho?

Well most non TMO branded phones & most unlocked phones. I used unlocked att braded phones on TMO for many years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Edit: Sorry I just read where you said modern TMO phones, yeah those are all blocked now from Tzones, I do remember hearing some of the early Nexus phones even sold by TMO works on Tzones tho?

Well most non TMO branded phones & most unlocked phones. I used unlocked att braded phones on TMO for many years.

That's my point though is that they are intentionally making it very hard on those people to keep those plans. Most customers don't buy unlocked, and not all unlocked phones work 100% with TMobile. So they are intentionally making it hard for those people on the old plans to stay on the old plans, trying to move them over to new plans instead. Which is the same thing Verizon did to their gudp customers. Intentionally made it difficult for those people to stay on those plans, with the hope they made it so hard to keep that plan they will just switch to a newer plan. Same concept. This myth that TMobile is free and easy with keeping people on grandfathered plans really isn't true. They employ the same tactics other companies do to try to get people off of plans they find unprofitable.
    Last edited by SecretAgentCarl; 04-16-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Feedback Score
    Yes for the most part this all makes sense. I actually thought about doing that At&t Zte Mobley unlimited car mobile hotspot loophole but just couldn't justify spending an extra $20 a month being as we already have Comcast home internet for $9.99 a month with no modem rental fee, while it is only 15 Meg's download and they limit it to 1 TB a month it works well for us & I think the highest we have come is maybe 700-800 GB of data while streaming, YouTube, laptop's, tablets & Etc. Plus I've also thought about getting the Sprint mobile hotspot plan as it is only $120 a year for people who qualify by income I believe, but Sprint service can be hit or miss?

If really needed I'm sure I can always use a rooted app on a phone to get free tether unless TMO can block that now too. It's also possible that it could violate my TOS agreement with them & risk loosing unlimited data. But I think I am going to see if TMO would give me the 6gb data MI lines for free being that they are on simple Choice. Plus then if they do I can get some free Alcatel A30 Tablets for the kid's.

So about how fast is your download speeds using Att hotspot, does it work well where you live for signal & lastly about how much gigs of data do you use on average any given month. Thank you for all you help & have a wonderful day!!

I would try to get a free MI line through Retentions (or more if they let you). The MI lines are their own rate plan attached to the BAN, so you can make changes to your family account as much as the system will allow, and the MI lines will not be affected. I also have the free Alcatel A30 Tablets from a previous promo on all 3 MI lines as well as 3 Alcatel LinkZone Hotspot devices. All 6 devices are free after bill credit. I only pay $1.16 per MI line for taxes/fees.

My speeds with the AT&T Unite Explore Hotspot are between 10-40Mbps, depending on the time of day. If I take the Hotspot in town, my speeds soar to 60-80Mbps. I average between 500-900GB of data usage on the AT&T Hotspot plan. The AT&T Unite Explore, as well as our phones here at home with T-Mobile, attach to band 12 LTE. And with T-Mobile, band 12 here at home is, at most, pulling 2Mbps on Speed Tests.

Overall, I am very happy with my plan setup and even though I am limited to 2G speeds (approx 100-200kbps) for everything but Speed Tests and Music, it limits my kids phone usage since they cannot watch (quality) video off WiFi. It gives them and myself more time for other things besides being on the phone all the time. However, there are rare occasions I wish I kept my old plan to get higher speed data for certain items, but I cannot complain about my $25 savings per month over my old plan.

Feedback Score
    I would try to get a free MI line through Retentions (or more if they let you). The MI lines are their own rate plan attached to the BAN, so you can make changes to your family account as much as the system will allow, and the MI lines will not be affected. I also have the free Alcatel A30 Tablets from a previous promo on all 3 MI lines as well as 3 Alcatel LinkZone Hotspot devices. All 6 devices are free after bill credit. I only pay $1.16 per MI line for taxes/fees.

My speeds with the AT&T Unite Explore Hotspot are between 10-40Mbps, depending on the time of day. If I take the Hotspot in town, my speeds soar to 60-80Mbps. I average between 500-900GB of data usage on the AT&T Hotspot plan. The AT&T Unite Explore, as well as our phones here at home with T-Mobile, attach to band 12 LTE. And with T-Mobile, band 12 here at home is, at most, pulling 2Mbps on Speed Tests.

Overall, I am very happy with my plan setup and even though I am limited to 2G speeds (approx 100-200kbps) for everything but Speed Tests and Music, it limits my kids phone usage since they cannot watch (quality) video off WiFi. It gives them and myself more time for other things besides being on the phone all the time. However, there are rare occasions I wish I kept my old plan to get higher speed data for certain items, but I cannot complain about my $25 savings per month over my old plan.
    Ok it all makes sense. So on Simple Choice you're allowed to have 6 mobile internet data lines? Because my family plan only allows for 5 lines of talk text and data + 5 lines of Simple Choice mobile internet data lines for a total of 10 lines? So I guess I'm trying to say is do you have 11 lines total or only eight lines Total maybe I'm confused LOL? BTW I'm also trying to get 2 free digits lines using the Beta Promo they had for beta testers, someone on Reddit posted the Soc code & TMO actually gave them that plan? Thanks Ron.

Feedback Score
    Ok it all makes sense. So on Simple Choice you're allowed to have 6 mobile internet data lines? Because my family plan only allows for 5 lines of talk text and data + 5 lines of Simple Choice mobile internet data lines for a total of 10 lines? So I guess I'm trying to say is do you have 11 lines total or only eight lines Total maybe I'm confused LOL? BTW I'm also trying to get 2 free digits lines using the Beta Promo they had for beta testers, someone on Reddit posted the Soc code & TMO actually gave them that plan? Thanks Ron.

On my Select Choice plan, just like the Pref FT 500 NW plan you have now, we are allowed a total of 5 Voice lines max. Every BAN (that I am aware) will allow a total of 5 MI lines max. Current One plans and the most recent Simple Choice North America plans allow for a max of 12 Voice lines and 5 MI lines.

My Select Choice family plan has the max 5 Voice lines and I have 3 MI lines (which are free via promos). So I have a total of 8 lines altogether on my BAN but if I wanted, I could add 2 more MI lines to my BAN.

Feedback Score
    On my Select Choice plan, just like the Pref FT 500 NW plan you have now, we are allowed a total of 5 Voice lines max. Every BAN (that I am aware) will allow a total of 5 MI lines max. Current One plans and the most recent Simple Choice North America plans allow for a max of 12 Voice lines and 5 MI lines.

My Select Choice family plan has the max 5 Voice lines and I have 3 MI lines (which are free via promos). So I have a total of 8 lines altogether on my BAN but if I wanted, I could add 2 more MI lines to my BAN.
    Ok yes if you wanted you could add two more data on demand free mobile internet lines online plus if you use befrugal you can actually get $35 cash back for each line for $70 Total for two lines. The bring-your-own-device BYOD SIM cards should only cost you $0.99 each online from T-Mobile plus tax, shipping is free. It's not a bad deal I added three lines and scored a $105 cash back for nothing!! Plus if you thought about doing that I can send you a referral link where you will get $10 bonus cash back and I would get a $15 referral credit I think?

I also picked up T-Mobile's latest LG G Pad X 8.0 2 with the speaker battery pack for 185 because T-Mobile T Force gave me a $70 credit for buying it. I thought it would be a nice tablet with decent specs compared to previous versions to play around with. Plus I think it'll go nicely with the free LG minibeam projector's that me and the wife received by mail in rebate for purchasing the T-Mobile LG v30 with the BOGO special they had.

I also picked up a gently used ZTE Alcatel quartz along with 2 Verizon wear 24 watches, my plan is to probably use digits lines if T-Mobile will hook me up for free and use it on 2 of the smart watches. But on the Verizon smart watches I would have to open up the back and remove the nano SIM card to replace it with the T-Mobile SIM card. According to the guys at XDA Developers it can be done.

It is nice chatting with someone like-minded like myself, my wife tells me I'm a idiot loser who who has too much time on his hands chatting on these online forms LoL . Ron.

Feedback Score
    It is nice chatting with someone like-minded like myself, my wife tells me I'm a idiot loser who who has too much time on his hands chatting on these online forms LoL . Ron.

Lol, yeah, my wife feels the same way but I do try to help out where I can. She was mad when we first migrated to this plan since we lost unlimited high-speed data but over the years, we both have gotten used to the slower speeds off WiFi.

It was great chatting with you and good luck with T-Mobile and the MI lines, if you decide to try through Retentions. T-Mobile has been good for me and my family throughout the years. I plan to stay as long as I continue to get a good deal. Otherwise, there are so many MVNOs I could ponder. I'm sure my wife would be "thrilled" if I even considered that option.

Feedback Score
    That's my point though is that they are intentionally making it very hard on those people to keep those plans.
    You keep repeating the same false information and it doesn't make it any more true. The plan hasn't changed. It was never sold as a data plan for smartphones. In addition, they've always tried to detect and block smartphone use on the plan. Sometimes they haven't been successful and thus people have been able to use the plans with a smartphones.

But you just make up this stuff about them "intentionally making it very hard on those people to keep those plans." You don't present any specifics because there are none to present. It's just another one of your completely unfounded allegations that you made up.

They are not requiring people to abandon T-zones. As I said earlier, if you have the plan, keep paying your bill and you'll still have it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    they've always tried to detect and block smartphone use on the plan.

But you just make up this stuff about them "intentionally making it very hard on those people to keep those plans."
    Yes.....clearly I made it up...... but anyways you're proving my point for me, so should we then expect when 5g plans to come out for them to "try and dectect and block" 5g use on plans not designed for 5g service? Also what modern non smartphone is TMobile selling that they will allow tzone users to use?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast