Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 29.99 unlimited iPad plan

Feedback Score

29.99 unlimited iPad plan

Is there anywhere to get the $29.99unlimited iPad plans that’s being sold on eBay? They say they will transfer the account to you but I’m not sure about that.
    Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    What are you wanting to use it on? An iPad?
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    ATT still offers a $29.99 unlimited plan for iPads (with auto renew), though it doesn't support hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Would be used in a LTE router/hotspot

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Still be aware that it is de-prioritized after 22GB. No longer are people paying $2000 for these plans because they could use it as an internet replacement device for areas without decent wired internet.

Feedback Score
    What’s the link to get it from AT&T - not seeing it on the website.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    For current plans, which may not work on anything but an iPad, you can buy it from within the iPad.

I don't see any other options that supports a standalone hotspot devices. Unless you want to risk one of the eBay offers, which I've seen from $38 - $1200. I sold mine last year since I was using it 99%+ of the time in my iPad, and there were options of $30 and less for my usage now available.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T (08-09)(09-10)(10-16), T-Mobile (16-)
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tech Lover
    Verizon Play More Unlimited
    iPhone 11 Pro - Midnight Green - 256GB

T-Mobile Simple Choice 2 for $100 w/ 14GB MHS - FOR SALE!
    HowardForums Feedback Thread

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    It prompts for IMIE and SIM. So it is questionable whether it would accept a hotspot device. Of course, other than the SIM, there isn't a risk to go through that.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    First get an unactivated sim and a cellular iPad that accepts the sim size you need (I use an iPad 4).

Next go online to the iPad landing page https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/pag...99362044911537 . Enter the IMEI for your iPad and the ICCID of the unactivated SIM and select the auto-renew Unlimited iPad plan. Setup your payment method and address.

Once you’re all setup online and the iPad is connected to the network you can now swap the sim into the hotspot of your choice. Will this work forever? Who knows, but it works for now and has for others for many years.
    iPhone XS:
    Verizon February UDP (Physical Sim)
    AT&T Unlimited Plus (E-SIM)

iPad Pro 10.5:
    Verizon February UDP

Rural Internet:
    Nighthawk HW1.0 LTE on AT&T Unlimited Plus
    Don’t cheap out on your cables!!!
    Years of struggle to get good speeds on a crap signal
    All solved with some quality LMR400 cables
    (went from 1-6mbps to 20-60mbps!!!)

AT&T Fiber

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brobot View Post
    First get an unactivated sim and a cellular iPad that accepts the sim size you need (I use an iPad 4).

Next go online to the iPad landing page https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/pag...99362044911537 . Enter the IMEI for your iPad and the ICCID of the unactivated SIM and select the auto-renew Unlimited iPad plan. Setup your payment method and address.

Once you’re all setup online and the iPad is connected to the network you can now swap the sim into the hotspot of your choice. Will this work forever? Who knows, but it works for now and has for others for many years.
    The only question is whether ATT is doing any additional checks on the device type now for current iPad tablet plans. They apparently didn't for those old ones, but the numbers of them were relatively low since were only offered for a short time. I'm not going to risk moving my $20/month plan iPad SIM to a hotspot (part of an unlimited iPhone plan, way too much bother to get things fixed if it got disabled).

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

29.99 unlimited iPad plan

Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The only question is whether ATT is doing any additional checks on the device type now for current iPad tablet plans. They apparently didn't for those old ones, but the numbers of them were relatively low since were only offered for a short time. I'm not going to risk moving my $20/month plan iPad SIM to a hotspot (part of an unlimited iPhone plan, way too much bother to get things fixed if it got disabled).
    My instructions are for the $30 unlimited prepaid ipad plan.

I’m willing to risk it since I have a backup but if you have unlimited Plus account also (like I do) you can still add an unlimited hotspot officially to your account until May 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Brobot; 04-15-2018 at 03:01 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    My instructions are for the $30 unlimited prepaid ipad plan.

I’m willing to risk it since I have a backup but if you have unlimited Plus account also (like I do) you can still add an unlimited hotspot officially to your account until May 6.

My current potential issue is I no longer have the unlimited plus. The unlimited plus enhanced looked better. $10/month cheaper (for 1 phone line). Also the hotspot went from 10GB to 15GB (not that I need this except if I'm in a hotel with flakey wi-fi). I ended up seeing that the iPad didn't have hotspot anymore, and speeds were limited to 3mb. Like the iPad had dropped to the "choice" plan. And couldn't disable stream saver, which was affecting quality of watching basketball on iPad.

After several hours with support, apparently plus enhanced doesn't support the $20 iPad. The third person I worked with supposedly put the iPad back on Plus (after a detour where it went to the Multi Device plan for $50 more). Things seem to be working, but the online portal isn't showing data usage. I'm waiting until the next bill to see whether I'm charged right or not. If so, DO NOT TOUCH SERVICE unless something dramatically better than $10/month savings shows up. If not, they either fix or I leave for either prepaid (lose unlimited on phone), or go to T-Mobile.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    My current potential issue is I no longer have the unlimited plus. The unlimited plus enhanced looked better. $10/month cheaper (for 1 phone line). Also the hotspot went from 10GB to 15GB (not that I need this except if I'm in a hotel with flakey wi-fi). I ended up seeing that the iPad didn't have hotspot anymore, and speeds were limited to 3mb. Like the iPad had dropped to the "choice" plan. And couldn't disable stream saver, which was affecting quality of watching basketball on iPad.

After several hours with support, apparently plus enhanced doesn't support the $20 iPad. The third person I worked with supposedly put the iPad back on Plus (after a detour where it went to the Multi Device plan for $50 more). Things seem to be working, but the online portal isn't showing data usage. I'm waiting until the next bill to see whether I'm charged right or not. If so, DO NOT TOUCH SERVICE unless something dramatically better than $10/month savings shows up. If not, they either fix or I leave for either prepaid (lose unlimited on phone), or go to T-Mobile.
    Yeah that unlimited plus “enhanced” seems like a raw deal. I would try to get retentions to revert you back to the original unlimited plus if possible.

Otherwise I would definitely get a separate prepaid iPad unlimited account like I detailed in my previous post.

The big plus to that is now that it’s a separate account you can move your other lines over to T-Mobile and retain unlimited iPad service on AT&T. At $30 total a month it’s not too far off from the $20+ taxes and fees you would have to pay for your old postpaid unlimited plus iPad line.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Yeah that unlimited plus “enhanced” seems like a raw deal. I would try to get retentions to revert you back to the original unlimited plus if possible.

Otherwise I would definitely get a separate prepaid iPad unlimited account like I detailed in my previous post.

The big plus to that is now that it’s a separate account you can move your other lines over to T-Mobile and retain unlimited iPad service on AT&T. At $30 total a month it’s not too far off from the $20+ taxes and fees you would have to pay for your old postpaid unlimited plus iPad line.
    If I go ATT prepaid, then I would probably get this $30 plan again. I liked the possibility of using it as a hotspot since, if needed, the battery is much better.

TMobile has a plan with iPad for over $10/month less than ATT for phone/tablet. It even includes 512kb/sec tethering on iPad, usable for certain situations (not video). Coverage is still worse than ATT, but since I have a backup phone on a verizon MVNO, that isn't as important now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast