Thread: call went straight to voicemail without ringing phone

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score

call went straight to voicemail without ringing phone

call went straight to voicemail without ringing phone. This is the first time experiencing this issue. I wanted to know if this is a common occurrence on T Mobile's Network when using their Metro PCS pre paid brand.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it's an (add any carrier here) issue. I've been having that happen a lot lately. Voicemail will show up and the phone never rang. Sometimes friends will text saying they called and it never rang on my end

Sometimes happens on every carrier
    Last edited by themanhimself; 04-17-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    I think it's an (add any carrier here) issue. I've been having that happen a lot lately. Voicemail will show up and the phone never rang. Sometimes friends will text saying they called and it never rang on my end

Agreed. It happens.

My GF has ATT postpaid (iPhone 7 FWIW) and the amount of calls going straight to voicemail* and delayed texts* has increased over the past ~2 months.

*Usually happens when she’s at work and has 3-4-5 bars of signal.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    OP, where you receiving a call or sending a call that went to VM ?? I know that, if for whatever reason, the cell phone has inadequate signal that the call will go directly to VM without ringing.

Sometimes the bars of signal displayed on the phone can mean absolutely nothing although I won't pretend to know how or why. I have always considered the signal bars as eye candy that gives nothing more than a sense of reliability when none may actually exist.
    Last edited by veriztd; 04-17-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    OP, where you receiving a call or sending a call that went to VM ?? I know that, if for whatever reason, the cell phone has inadequate signal that the call will go directly to VM without ringing.

Sometimes the bars of signal displayed on the phone can mean absolutely nothing although I won't pretend to know how or why. I have always considered the signal bars as eye candy that gives nothing more than a sense of reliability when none may actually exist.
    I was receiving a call that went straight to voicemail. My signal strength is -116dBm 25asu which goes between two to three bars when inside full bars outside my apartment building. I am hoping this is a one time ordeal.

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    I've had missed calls frequently at -110 and beyond so that could be a big contributing factor

Feedback Score
    I've had missed calls frequently at -110 and beyond so that could be a big contributing factor

Different, but in someways similar.

Verizon just agreed to a major fine for presenting the caller with the tone sound of a ringing phone, when actually the phone wasn't getting any signal. That way the caller would assume that their friend hadn't answered the phone, rather than having the impression that the service coverage sucked.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora415 View Post
    Verizon just agreed to a major fine for presenting the caller with the tone sound of a ringing phone . . . .
    Nope, it was T-Mobile that got busted for doing that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Nope, it was T-Mobile that got busted for doing that.
    my bad on the details, but main idea ...

Feedback Score
    I have the same issue. It started around Mid February. Calls go straight to VM and phone doesn't even ring, I don't get it.
    Also, my phone quit displaying whether I have a VM or not. I have to call my VM a couple of times a day just to check. Went to the dealer, she said she doesn't understand why. She did a "network reset", we'll see if that does anything or not.
    Get the best in Fitness Training with Fitness Professionals!
    www.TopFitnessStrategies.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by idavenport90 View Post
    call went straight to voicemail without ringing phone. This is the first time experiencing this issue. I wanted to know if this is a common occurrence on T Mobile's Network when using their Metro PCS pre paid brand.
    This has happened to me on Sprint before I switched to Verizon. It's not uncommon for it to happen on different carriers. Let's put it this way, " You are not alone"

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Same with me. Nothing unusual!

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk