Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Metropcs grandfathering?

Device(s)
    Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

Metropcs grandfathering?

Above. How is mpcs about grandfathering ones plan?

Also, how are they about adding lines on their promotion lines, like their current 4/$100 line, will they easily let you add an additional line. I'm reading cs is not easy to work with. True or not?
    Last edited by plane; 04-30-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    If the promotion is current, you're fine in terms of adding lines. In my experience, if the promo has ended, metro will want to reconfigure your entire plan from scratch with current pricing.

As far as grandfathering without changes, you should be able to keep the plan as long as you want.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubTrey View Post
    If the promotion is current, you're fine in terms of adding lines. In my experience, if the promo has ended, metro will want to reconfigure your entire plan from scratch with current pricing.

As far as grandfathering without changes, you should be able to keep the plan as long as you want.
    Thanks.......

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JDubTrey View Post
    ...As far as grandfathering without changes, you should be able to keep the plan as long as you want.
    Yes just don't make ANY changes to your account... Metro reserves the right to change you to current plans on any change. It sucks sometimes we see people on glitched plans or old old promo plans and if we try to do an upgrade or even add a line it forces us to change the plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownMan View Post
    Yes just don't make ANY changes to your account... Metro reserves the right to change you to current plans on any change. It sucks sometimes we see people on glitched plans or old old promo plans and if we try to do an upgrade or even add a line it forces us to change the plan.
    Thanks for reply. The term "any changes" while all inclusive is sort of vague. Would this include a number change and every minor thing. What if one wanted to add one of the extra chat add on's such as caller Id or other features? Again, thanks for your input.

Device(s)
    i880
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownMan View Post
    dsg can fix that as they have access to every plan that was ever made, that good o` super user access

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Thanks for reply. The term "any changes" while all inclusive is sort of vague. Would this include a number change and every minor thing. What if one wanted to add one of the extra chat add on's such as caller Id or other features? Again, thanks for your input.
    Adding features could trigger a request to upgrade plan. Number change could trigger update buts it's less likely, would happen mostly on glitch or mismatched plans. Mostly this happens on esn changes such as device swap or upgrades, also happens when you add a line to your account.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    dsg can fix that as they have access to every plan that was ever made, that good o` super user access
    Not so much anymore.... DSG has access to expired but only supervisor level now. We all know how those supervisors need a dang good reason to do it or they will just refer you to asr or am

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Assume one has some type of multi line plan, can you then either change some of these numbers or port in a number to replace one of them, assuming it's still a current plan?
    Last edited by plane; 05-04-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan1918 View Post
    I had that done for a change on my $60 + $25 addl line promo plan. However, it seemed like they were doing me a favor (they were polite about it) so I didn't post it here implying that everyone could expect the same treatment.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    Assume one has some type of multi line plan, can you then either change some of these numbers or port in a number to replace one of them, assuming it's still a current plan?
    That's actually the exact change I made. I wanted to port a number in to replace one of my $25 additional lines (keeping a total of 4). They kept my promo as a courtesy but claimed that by all rights, they'd be allowed to change the entire plan to the currently available pricing.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Back in the day you could give DSG a SOC code and they would put it no questions asked... I've had customer that opened 10 lines and all got on $25 unlimited plans no worries about the 5 line max or system restrictions. Now a days i hear alot of push back from dsg, my guys are trying to get real issues solved and they are not wanting to put plans back.

example... Had a customer with a $40 unlimited plan that had 10gb hotspot from ages ago and he received a warranty exchange device. dumb dumb rep was in a hurry and didn't notice the plan changed $50 no hotspot. Took us 3 days to get it back to what it was and that was only because we escalated the issue to customer ops. It really comes down to the rep you get on the phone and what they are willing to do. Worst part is if the 1st rep says no they will document it and no one else will be willing to help.

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You should always be able to keep whatever plan you're on. Just be sure to ask the customer service person about it before they start changing stuff and make sure they know what they're doing.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellphone-guy View Post
    You should always be able to keep whatever plan you're on. Just be sure to ask the customer service person about it before they start changing stuff and make sure they know what they're doing.

Sent from my Z982 using HoFo mobile app
    Yeah that's always a good place to start. I haven't really dealth with cs that much since I got away from postpaid. Do prepaid accounts have account notes, for lack of a better term, like postpaid did. I'd sort of forgot, but my at t account had some grandfathered features which i didn't want to lose, so I Iearned to ask they note on my account about any changes and etc. This became for the most part unnessary with prepaid, except for grandfathered expired plans. I when thru this with cricket last fall, when they dropped their long time 5/$100 plan. There was a lot of chatter on the cricket forum as there was confusion as to what might make one lose the plan.

How does one know if your cs agent"knows what they're doing"? Also, fat fingers on the keyboard seem as likely as incompetence as causing an issue. Is there a procedure to fix mistakes by company reps with metro. Do they care? I've only been trying metro for less than a month and cs has been mentioned some as an issue.

Hadn't really thought about it, but the guy who originally signed me up, was Imo, really sharp and knowledgeable, had worked in online cs, ie, knew the processes etc, sort of messed up my service from day one. No big deal however.

What to do? Can the original rep, who you would be able to go back to in a store correct an issue?

Feedback Score
    Would adding the $5 mexico calling package for one month on one line count as a change that could end the 4 for $100 deal?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast