Thread: Tracfone - Do All Have an Account ?

Feedback Score

Tracfone - Do All Have an Account ?

Been with Tracfone for a long time. Many phones over the many years.

I presently have 3 Tracfones - smartphones - one daily use and the other two in glove box of my vehicles as a spare. All activated and current.

My question is: Does everyone have a Tracfone account?

I have never set up any account that I know of. I never "log in" to Tracfone website as I have never set anything up that I know of.

When I do get a new Tracfone cell phone I either use telephone support or chat. I rarely if ever have any issues.

The last time I transferred phone number/minutes etc. to a new phone I was asked for my account name. I stated that I do not have an account. The CS person stated that all Tracfone customers have an account.

The transfer of phone number and minutes etc. went smoothly with no issues.

BUT: Do I have an account and if so what is it?

Feedback Score
    Online accounts are optional. You can create one at www.tracfone.com.

Click on My Account, then select Create Account.

Once the account is created you can add your phones to it.

[Edit] You can try to add your already activated phones. Mine were added as I activated them. I have two on the same account. I don't know how it works for existing phones on a new online account. Maybe CS can do it by chat.
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 05-01-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2, LG Rebel 2, LG G3
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's not mandatory to have a TF account but it can be useful. Some of the benefits are:
    - With one login, you can see the status and check the balance of all the phones in your account, either using the TF account or the MyAccount app.
    - It's easier to do a transfer, either DIY or with a rep. The serial number/SIM number is already there. You don't have to remember it.
    - If you lose a phone, it's easy to prove that you're the owner and can get a rep to deactivate it or transfer its service to another phone. If you don't have an account and the rep asks you for the lost phone's serial or SIM number, you probably won't know it unless you recorded it somewhere.

Feedback Score
    From what I remember they will send you a verification code via SMS to that number.

Sent from my R1 HD using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Online accounts are optional. You can create one at www.tracfone.com.

Click on My Account, then select Create Account.

Once the account is created you can add your phones to it.
    You are correct. Online accounts are optional. But, I think that the CSR is correct. In the age of smartphones, there has to be an account where balances are kept. I believe a CSR can access it via the phone number. Online accounts are only needed if you want to manage the phone online. I have never tried to add an already activated smartphone to my online account so can't speak to how that works.

Feedback Score
    I don't remember having to add phones to my online account, except maybe the first time. New phones got automatically added at activation, which were all service transfers. Never had multiple active phones.

Device(s)
    LY Stylo 2v
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I have an online account. Comes in handy before a transfer, I go check my balance and screenshot it. Came in handy last time I did a transfer to a newer phone that used a different size SIM. All of my minutes, etc. didn't transfer and they didn't want to give them back until I told them I had a screenshot I had just done showing what I had, that I could email it to them. After that I got everything back.

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I believe all phones get added to an account now. If you didn't create ut, then you don't have login info. create an account and have TF transfer your phone(s) to it.

Or you may be able to have them add email to the account they created so you can, login (use password recovery to get in). But I still would have then move all phones to one account.

I had trouble in 2015 because a phone change was put in a new account instead of my existing account,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    You are correct. Online accounts are optional. But, I think that the CSR is correct. In the age of smartphones, there has to be an account where balances are kept. I believe a CSR can access it via the phone number. .
    I'm guessing that this is what I have. Just a phone number account.

For me, I have bought used phones over the decades and sold used phones over the decades. I don't want any of my phones locked into any account. Maybe it makes no difference.

So I guess I just have a phone number account. I have never "logged in" at the Tracfone website. I do all of my transfers over phone or text/dialog CS box.

Device(s)
    Moto G3 (Goodbye W376!)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Freedompop, Tello
    Feedback Score
    All Tracfones have a "behind the scenes" account which starts off with the basic phone info (serial and phone numbers) and the zip code you specify when you activate the phone. Then, if you ever interact with CS, they will ask you for your name and email, and put that info on the phone's account. This is completely separate from the customer online account that you can set up to keep track of your phones.

Sent from my C6730 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    G2, MotoG, Droid Mini, (retired: GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    This is completely separate from the customer online account that you can set up to keep track of your phones.
    I think it's gone beyond that.

I could not add an active device (transfer done over the phone) to my longstanding account because it was on another account. Had to call in to get it added to the online account I was using.

I was not asked about my login, they just created a new account and added the phone too that.

Feedback Score
    FYI Account reps will almost insist that you create an online account, at least they did that with me but did not mind doing that. I primarily did that so people could not rip off my account or port my number in a scam without my permission