Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile - Sprint Merger Roaming Questions

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

T-Mobile - Sprint Merger Roaming Questions

Ok guys haven’t seen anything about this.

Will T-mobile be able to roam on sprint? If so, when?

Will T-mobile be able to roam on cspire since sprint has an agreement with them in mississippi? If so when?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bxk12 View Post
    Ok guys haven’t seen anything about this.

Will T-mobile be able to roam on sprint? If so, when?

Will T-mobile be able to roam on cspire since sprint has an agreement with them in mississippi? If so when?
    Right now only Sprint roam on T-Mobile. Sprint not having VOLTE yet is likely why TMO isn't roaming onto Sprint yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The real question is will they keep CDMA.... Now Tmo has already bought/merged with MetroPCS who was CDMA Largely so...

I hope they do lean to be more like TMobile cause Sprint in its effort to compete made changes & updates leaving some loong time customers in the dirt per say. Extra charges per month for having bad credit while using their service is one example.

CDMA also has its issues indoors. In my house literally Sprint does not work well making it lucky to catch LTE while inside yet their map says service is good. I have a MetroPCS phone now that gets LTE no problem.

This merger is a good thing for Sprint network-wise. (In my area at least) I think they will do the same with Sprint & just add Sprints towers as their own making them GSM/LTE mainly with CDMA possibly as a backup. Or maybe they make the BLEEP 2-way radio feature and run it on CDMA.... haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Helio Touch...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_unmatched View Post
    CDMA also has its issues indoors.
    That is likely not a CDMA issue, but the frequency that Sprint uses for CDMA. Historically, the 1900 frequency range (PCS). Hopefully for customers, if approved they get the benefits of additional capacity, and not the downside if the companies get sidetracked in trying to put the technologies together.
    Overly complicated cell phone service. Unlimited with iPhone X. Low cost plan on other national network with iPhone 7+. And a real cheap pay per use plan for "home number" with Moto E4. Combination of best chance for coverage when traveling, and a home replacement number to give out when I don't want to give out my primary cell phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    That is likely not a CDMA issue, but the frequency that Sprint uses for CDMA. Historically, the 1900 frequency range (PCS). Hopefully for customers, if approved they get the benefits of additional capacity, and not the downside if the companies get sidetracked in trying to put the technologies together.
    If the Merger is approved Sprint customers will be moved over to T-Mobile VOLTE Sprint pcs CDMA will be shut down 1x800 will stay for a while. Then all the other upgrades. B41 on T-Mobile hopefully B26 to. 4/66,12,71 on Sprint towers.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    This is a MAJOR BOON if you're a Sprint customer akin to a God send.

I don't expect to roam on Sprint as a T-Mobile customer, but I also don't want to see one iota of degradation for the Magenta network.

Here's to Legere keeping his promises if this merger is approved.
    Hofo Veteran - Magenta Disciple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    This is a MAJOR BOON if you're a Sprint customer akin to a God send.

I don't expect to roam on Sprint as a T-Mobile customer, but I also don't want to see one iota of degradation for the Magenta network.

Here's to Legere keeping his promises if this merger is approved.
    Someone sent me this pic of a T-Mobile phone roaming onto Sprint. It would be nice, Sprint roam on T-Mobile doesn't sound like there is any limits.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Matte Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile - Unleash the Data Hounds!!!
    Feedback Score
    Interesting...

Device(s)
    LG G4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Someone sent me this pic of a T-Mobile phone roaming onto Sprint. It would be nice, Sprint roam on T-Mobile doesn't sound like there is any limits.

So who hacked the T-Mobile Sim to enable Band 41? It sure wasn't T-Mobile... The whole reason T-Mobile isn't going to allow their customers to roam on Sprint is that after the merger is approved the idea is to move customers from Sprint to T-Mobiles network as they slowly shut down or re-farm Sprint towers and spectrum. If T-Mobile allowed customers to roam on Sprint it would force the NEW T-Mobile to continue to support two separate networks for longer than three years since no one would want to move faster as long as they had both networks active on their phones.

The faster that people move off Sprint's network to T-Mobile's network the faster that T-Mobile can make an Fast Deep Spectrum 5G NR network nationwide.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ninja_unmatched View Post
    The real question is will they keep CDMA....
    IMHO, CDMA is a dying technology and will be phased out with the big boys in the next few years. The writing is already on the wall as VOLTE is being rapidly rolled out, Sprint does use LTE for data currently in many markets, no reason to believe they won't go VOLTE and abandon CDMA. It won't happen entirely overnight, but I think it will happen.

A good example of this was after Sprint purchased Nextel and their iDen networks, it was phased out eventually and converted to CDMA. Even if the T-Moble/Sprint merger doesn't go through, the conversion is still inevitable to kill CDMA.
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veriztd View Post
    IMHO, CDMA is a dying technology and will be phased out with the big boys in the next few years. The writing is already on the wall as VOLTE is being rapidly rolled out, Sprint does use LTE for data currently in many markets, no reason to believe they won't go VOLTE and abandon CDMA. It won't happen entirely overnight, but I think it will happen.

A good example of this was after Sprint purchased Nextel and their iDen networks, it was phased out eventually and converted to CDMA. Even if the T-Moble/Sprint merger doesn't go through, the conversion is still inevitable to kill CDMA.
    If the Merger is approved Sprint customers will move over to T-Mobile network to allow pcs CDMA to be turned off. 1x800 will stay for a while. So it will be VOLTE and 1x800.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Yeah I know. Despite Sprint picking up Boost awhile back they still haven't improved as much as they let on network-wise. Verizon also CDMA but better due to the amount of attention they placed on their own network. The several acquisitions they made also helps. Sprint just doesn't have enough lower frequency to compete with Verizon. This merger though will definitely change that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    If the Merger is approved Sprint customers will be moved over to T-Mobile VOLTE Sprint pcs CDMA will be shut down 1x800 will stay for a while. Then all the other upgrades. B41 on T-Mobile hopefully B26 to. 4/66,12,71 on Sprint towers.

Yeah this sounds pretty much what I think they will do. Just not sure they will shut down CDMA though. Keeping it opens up MVNO money... least not for a time anyways.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Hell with the roaming. Will sprint get netflix? Are we getting hulu? Can we all roam between hulu and netflix.. maybe is a good time for some stocks

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr0w View Post
    Hell with the roaming. Will sprint get netflix? Are we getting hulu? Can we all roam between hulu and netflix.. maybe is a good time for some stocks
    Best comment of the day award goes to cr0w.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast